3109 3 2020-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9e62yMsERqrI
New
Flight distance : 5709 ft
United States

Hello,
Can someone explain to me why when my M2Z loses GPS, which is quite often, why it goes into atti mode instead of opti mode? Regardless if I am 4' off the ground or 140' off the ground? It was my understanding that up to about 30' it would go into opti mode to help hold position, but mine always goes to atti then will start flying forward about 2-4 mph. Also curious often when i take off it will go up 10-12' and stop saying max altitude reach go to MC settings to change, but when i go in there it is set at 120M and beginner mode is off, usually once i land and go back up it goes up fine, but sometimes i have tomland and launch 2-3 time before it stops doing it?

Unit is brand new and i have done FW updayes and calibrations.

Thanks in advance
2020-2-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your drone to a different open space location with less interference. The issue might be caused due to strong magnetic interference in the said location. When the compass has been interfered, the flight mode will switch to attitude mode even if the number of satellites is high. Please stay away from large factories, high voltage lines, metal and other environments to avoid interfering with the compass. The Drone will revert to ATTI mode when the GPS signal is weak, or when the compass experiences interference where the Vision System is unavailable. In ATTI mode, the AC is easily affected by its surroundings, which may result in horizontal shifting. On the other hand the OPTI mode is when the Drone is only using it's vision system to stabilize it's position. Thank you.
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your drone has 3 modes PGPS, OPTI, & ATTI mode, when craft looses one mode it will go to next available mode, so depending on why and what conditions you are flying in will decide which mode will be available.

For instance, if you are flying at night time optical vision may not be available so Atti is next, if you have compass problems craft will also go straight to atti mode, if your drone is outside optical range or if ground beneath drone does not have good light or texture then it will also go straight to atti mode .
2020-2-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Best is to upload a flightrecord to help you better.

If you get the message "max alt reached" at low altitide just after take-off, most like you are flying than in OPTI mode.

cheers
JJB
2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules