Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
White balance in video coming March?!
2549 27 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Just noticed that on Google play store, I'm guessing manual controls in video mode refers to white balance... Can't wait
Screenshot_20200221-150214_Google Play Store.jpg
2020-2-21
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

w00t!

Here's hoping!

=C=
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cal Evans Posted at 2-21 06:12
w00t!

Here's hoping!

Good news, I was blue in the face trying to explain why no AT, for me Camera controls are what Mavic mini needs .
2020-2-21
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Interesting revelation! I'm looking forward.
2020-2-21
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

that'd be awesome! I still don't agree with the "can't have AT because we don't have sensors" since drones like the Spark have no problem AT-ing sideways, so basically flying blind but I'll just be happy for manual video controls for now
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 2-21 07:06
that'd be awesome! I still don't agree with the "can't have AT because we don't have sensors" since drones like the Spark have no problem AT-ing sideways, so basically flying blind but I'll just be happy for manual video controls for now

Again tracking sideways , it’s the front of the drone that has the sensors tracking, not the side so it makes complete sense, drone won’t fly straight into the face of person being tracked while it’s going sideways and if it does it has some protection from front sensors so yes spark is covered in sideways flying .

This is about the protection of people children and adults, I wouldn’t put my children at risk of a drone flying not under my control with the potential to injure or worse .
2020-2-21
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

right. Because the person being filmed is the only person to potentially get hit. Flying sideways it's physically impossible to hit someone, right?
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 2-21 07:21
right. Because the person being filmed is the only person to potentially get hit. Flying sideways it's physically impossible to hit someone, right?

No mater what way you fly it’s dangerous if you do it around people, read your manual it explicitly tells you not to, and that’s not there for a joke, you will also read about taking precautions when using Active track.

It’s simple dji have take steps to protect those using AT, they expect you to be responsible when using it just as you should be when flying, it’s probably law in your country as it is in mine NOT TO FLY AROUND PEOPLE.
If your thinking that it’s ok to fly your drone around people, then stop for a minute and think why dji might not want you to have active track in a drone with no protection.

2020-2-21
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

this is a truly dishonest way of having a conversation. Yet you do it all the time so I shouldn't really be surprised. I simply point out why lack of sensors is not a valid reason for not having AT as their previous drones quite often flew "blind" without it being a problem. Next you bring the drone flying around people into the conversation and why sensors are a must, I respond to that explaining why simply having front sensors doesn't really make any difference and then you switch to taking the moral high ground about how you shouldn't be flying around people.
Seriously, what the actual f?!
2020-2-21
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

I am waiting for fly path feature, hope they will bring it too. Since it was two months since the last update DJI should bring good features on this update. Also this update might be the biggest one so far. Fingers crossed
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sbonev. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. In additions as of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Fly application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please fly safe always.
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 2-21 08:16
this is a truly dishonest way of having a conversation. Yet you do it all the time so I shouldn't really be surprised. I simply point out why lack of sensors is not a valid reason for not having AT as their previous drones quite often flew "blind" without it being a problem. Next you bring the drone flying around people into the conversation and why sensors are a must, I respond to that explaining why simply having front sensors doesn't really make any difference and then you switch to taking the moral high ground about how you shouldn't be flying around people.
Seriously, what the actual f?!

Maybe I wouldn’t be so condescending to you if you just used some common sense, your post #8 was a sarcastic attempt to try show that drone might hit someone while flying sideways but that would be impossible to hit person being tracked, so either showing ignorance or implying that craft could hit someone else.

Your claim that dji has other drones with AT with no OA is simply wrong, there may have been some tracking from above on P2 but was not anything like AT, but it seems you can spout anything that might suit your case even if it’s not true, but have a problem with others spelling out what are potential problems running AT without OA.

I will give you one instance but I could give you 10.
Someone being tracked from behind running decides to stop suddenly , how will craft know how to stop before hitting the person and what if craft goes into back of his head, do you think that people wouldn’t sue , remember dji offer redundancy for this on many drones but no safety on their drone supposedly for new users, so use some common sense and savvy before making statements you don’t want others to reply to .
2020-2-21
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

the only kind of tracking, which could be possible would be a kind of tracking in a stable hovering.
E.g. you "park" the Mini at a certain point and the Mini could follow just rotating from left to right.
Similar, what a Osmo Pocket can do.
2020-2-21
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2020-2-21
Use props
Steve Tron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287001 ft
United Kingdom

fingers crossed this would make a good little drone an excellent little drone
2020-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

David Martin Graff Posted at 2-21 10:52
Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!

What exactly are you referring to? What's nicely done here? Please elaborate ...
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-21 11:43
What exactly are you referring to? What's nicely done here? Please elaborate  ...

You are likely to find hundreds of posts repeating the same diatribe and it’s been the same for a long time, I’ve even seen same post displayed on threads where drones are having real trouble.
2020-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2-21 12:04
You are likely to find hundreds of posts repeating the same diatribe and it’s been the same for a long time, I’ve even seen same post displayed on threads where drones are having real trouble.

This Forum is suffering from mindless, senseless posting much too much. Ruthless points gathering is partially to blame, but not only. Hopefully some purging attempts by moderators may render more friendly, supporting atmosphere for those looking for help or advice ...

Cheers, Brother Hall ...
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-21 12:32
This Forum is suffering from mindless, senseless posting much too much. Ruthless points gathering is partially to blame, but not only. Hopefully some purging attempts by moderators may render more friendly, supporting atmosphere for those looking for help or advice ...

Cheers, Brother Hall ...

Well sometimes I think that this kind of ridiculous posting is much more welcome than posts where members give up their time to actually help or even discuss drones, but Que Sera Sera ...
2020-2-21
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Cannot wait!
2020-2-24
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

From https://www.quadricottero.com/20 ... ibadisce-il-no.html

Un'altra mancanza sentita dagli utenti del Mavic Mini è quella relativa all'impossibilità di cambiare manualmente i paramentri del video. In questo caso la notizia è buona, la DJI in un commento ha affermato che a Marzo verrà data questa possibilità: si potranno cambiare manualmente i setting della modalità video. Sicuramente verrà fatto tramite un aggiornamento dell'app DJI Fly, probabilmente anche tramite un aggiornamento firmware per il drone.

Another shortcoming felt by users of the Mavic Mini is that related to the impossibility of manually changing the parameters of the video. In this case the news is good, the DJI in a comment said that in March this possibility will be given: you can manually change the video mode settings. It will certainly be done through an update of the DJI Fly app, probably also through a firmware update for the drone.
2020-2-24
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 2-21 07:06

I agree with you.

The Mini is capable and worthy of AT and think it would be a great selling feature.  Of course we would have to make sure that the path we take is clear of obstacles; we wouldn't want our Minis to get hurt.

As to some saying that the Mini is not capable because of missing hardware: hogwash.  The tracking logic is in the app.  For other DJI drones, it is in the GO 4 app.  It might take some time, but it could be added to the Fly app.  Or maybe add support for the Mavic Mini in the DJI GO app.
2020-2-24
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

Corger Posted at 2-24 06:34
I agree with you.

The Mini is capable and worthy of AT and think it would be a great selling feature.  Of course we would have to make sure that the path we take is clear of obstacles; we wouldn't want our Minis to get hurt.

I think our best hope will come from Litchi once the SDK is released for the Mini in April
2020-2-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Even Spot Light would be very welcome
2020-2-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is good news!
2020-2-28
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Very good news but... The April is soon... I hope we'll see update this month...
2020-3-17
Use props
Rafal Galinski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1933346 ft
Poland

Hi Guys, the manual white balance is rocking.

I just updated the youtube episode with English subtitles:
2020-3-30
Use props
Alan Carvalho
New

United States

According to a few YouTube videos, DJI has introduced a firmware update that DOES allow for full manual white balance.  A few European drone owners have mentioned this, although I did a firmware update and couldn't find that option when I went back to check in settings.
2020-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules