3558 23 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Dear DJI Team.

After my Osmo Action spent some time on my Desk since I have a new Toy (the Mavic Mini) I decided to take the Osmo Action out on my Biking Tour today to try to shoot some stuff with the Osmo and some stuff with the Mini.
Since it was windy as hell I decided to leave the Mini in my Backpack for today and concentrate to get some cool shots with the Osmo instead.

This was the first time that I tried out the new Firmware and what can I say: The Rocksteady is f****** terrible now.
It's simply not possible anymore to get some Cinematic Gimbal-like Shots with the Osmo (especially not if you're on a Tour and your heartrate isn't low so that your hands are not perfectly calm).

Please, PLEASE give us the possibility to rollback to the previous Firmware. In this state the Camera is actually useless for most of my needs.
Rolling back is possible on nearly every Product that you offer. Why not on the Osmo Action?

What a disappointing day...

2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a short sample video footage of the issue this will help us greatly to find out the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will provided. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-21
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-21 09:08
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a short sample video footage of the issue this will help us greatly to find out the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will provided. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Well, just check the footage of some of the other Threads here in the Forum.
Mine is even crappier since I used a fixed shutter and 25fps. The Motion Blur is also not normal for these settings.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... N1SqdlRJ64uI2Nx4JHt

You really see every jitter of my hand like there's no Rocksteady at all. Yes it was activated. I even disabled and re-enabled it several times.
I can't remember to have such behavior before the Firmware Update.

2020-2-21
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The action , peaked a few firmware updates ago.   It had great stabilisation at the expense of screen lag.  For most and I include myself this was never an issue, however the latest firmware has reduced the lag at the high expense of stabilisation.

It’s a bit redundant asking for footage showing rock steady not working, since you can’t see how the footage was filmed originally !

Dji a request, please have a firmware update which has rocksteady good as it used to be even with screen lag, without it this is not a great package anymore.
2020-2-21
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

MKosmo Posted at 2-21 11:43
The action , peaked a few firmware updates ago.   It had great stabilisation at the expense of screen lag.  For most and I include myself this was never an issue, however the latest firmware has reduced the lag at the high expense of stabilisation.

It’s a bit redundant asking for footage showing rock steady not working, since you can’t see how the footage was filmed originally !

Yes, I agree. The Version before the Rocksteady over-did it sometimes a little and Biking looked like you're driving a Train, because it looked "too stabilized", but at least the RockSteady worked. The new Version is the complete opposite. I can't use the Osmo for Action at the moment because everything is jittery as hell, no matter which Settings/FPS/ even in Automatic-Mode.
And also I can't use it for some smooth shots. It's not more than a photo-camera right now for me.

Edit: And yes, I couldn't agree more. The Screen-Lag never bothered me at all, since I don't look at the screen while filming in 90% of the time.

2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mizzu Posted at 2-21 10:46
Well, just check the footage of some of the other Threads here in the Forum.
Mine is even crappier since I used a fixed shutter and 25fps. The Motion Blur is also not normal for these settings.

I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Osmo Action by using the firmware from this link to isolate the issue. Please back up your files from the SD card then format the SD card. Then extract the bin file inside the downloaded zip file and paste the bin file inside the empty SD card. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

So we are allowed to refresh the same firmware but not  Roll Back? if allowed to refresh can you show us all how it's done???? on VIDEO!!!!
2020-2-22
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-21 15:45
I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Osmo Action by using the firmware from this link to isolate the issue. Please back up your files from the SD card then format the SD card. Then extract the bin file inside the downloaded zip file and paste the bin file inside the empty SD card. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

As per instructions, downloaded the firmware from your link. Extracted the .bin file placed on an empty uSD card.

Placed in OA and restarted.

Nothing.... no prompts to 'refresh' firmware.  Probably because it will not update/refresh with firmware that is the same number , ie 01.07.00.20

2020-2-22
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

There are users who did not like the front screen lag but solving it by ruining RockSteady was not a good tradeoff.  Actually, it is a terrible tradeoff that makes RockSteady almost completely ineffective.  
2020-2-22
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

ff22 Posted at 2-22 05:41
There are users who did not like the front screen lag but solving it by ruining RockSteady was not a good tradeoff.  Actually, it is a terrible tradeoff that makes RockSteady almost completely ineffective.

Jep. And when the OA was announced, this was actually the marketing point because it was "killing GoPro" blablabla.
2020-2-22
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sadly rocksteady absolutely sucks after the last firmware update. It's completely unusable, it's rubbish and whatever expression you want to use.

This is widely reported and still no firmware update to rectify this issue.... come on DJI get this sorted.
2020-2-22
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

M2Wair Posted at 2-22 11:56
Sadly rocksteady absolutely sucks after the last firmware update. It's completely unusable, it's rubbish and whatever expression you want to use.

This is widely reported and still no firmware update to rectify this issue.... come on DJI get this sorted.

Yes. And the Replys from our DJI Moderators are a little frustrating to be honest.
Sure, at least it gets replied at all, but this sadly isn't the solution and we also don't get some more clarified answer about a possible solution.
2020-2-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MKosmo Posted at 2-22 05:35
As per instructions, downloaded the firmware from your link. Extracted the .bin file placed on an empty uSD card.

Placed in OA and restarted.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. I will forward these information to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your patience and understanding.
2020-2-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Mizzu Posted at 2-22 12:32
Yes. And the Replys from our DJI Moderators are a little frustrating to be honest.
Sure, at least it gets replied at all, but this sadly isn't the solution and we also don't get some more clarified answer about a possible solution.

Sad but true.   DJI does not allow Firmware reloads, or roll backs and yet the Moderator and admin,  still suggested it, then now wants to send it out to their Imaginary team.?    I asked for  how to reset the camera, its  has taken them and still taking them forever to get back, that is "Top Notch On-line support"

We need not pass this along to the team , we need what we asked for and what we purchase a REAL fix, never will happen with the team here.
2020-2-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

so I asked, never got and here it is enjoy

2020-2-24
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As annoying as it is waiting for a fix for the appalling last firmware update, it should be pointed out most of China is still in lockdown due to the virus, so perhaps wait it out is the only option. They seem to have bigger problems now don't they.

2020-2-25
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2-25 06:20
As annoying as it is waiting for a fix for the appalling last firmware update, it should be pointed out most of China is still in lockdown due to the virus, so perhaps wait it out is the only option. They seem to have bigger problems now don't they.

I think everyone has sympathy for the current situation over there and the problems this is causing firms but what would be nice is a bit of official communication, they could at least say yeah we are aware of issue X or Y and we are working on it. A common theme across this forum is the generic we will pass this on to whoever and nothing is ever heard again, some threads dont even get an offial DJI response.
2020-2-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I could not agree more.  that said. firmware    if its   buggy then by all means DJI fix it. it's not in their eyes,
2020-2-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

As DJI reached out to the video they in here   was asked to show-n-tell.

do you DJI Understand our question ROLLback  or refresh fails.

This is their response:
DJI Support  • 1 hour ago
Hi fishycomics, we are so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please contact us via http://www.dji.com/support, we'll do our best to help this out. Sorry again for the inconvenience,  if there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know

Yes allow Rollback and enable it wit hthe nextfw 1.80
2020-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules