Settings for exporting videos to Adobe Premiere
6320 17 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
-Hellsing-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175738 ft
Belarus

Hello everyone. Which settings for exporting videos from mavic mini in Adobe Primiere are better to use?  I notice after rendering a video from drone in this soft, videos start to stutter.
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-21
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Are you sure your PC is up to the 4k video?
A good video card with as much Video RAM as you can get, (dedicated is best), and the most RAM for the pc...
Also, make sure you copied the vid files to the pc hard drive.

My Mavic Gen I forced me to buy a new Asus machine with huuuge horsepower...

2020-2-21
Use props
-Hellsing-
lvl.1
Belarus

Flycaster Posted at 2-21 10:46
Are you sure your PC is up to the 4k video?
A good video card with as much Video RAM as you can get, (dedicated is best), and the most RAM for the pc...
Also, make sure you copied the vid files to the pc hard drive.

What settings do you use for rendering?
The problem is not the PC, it's fine. I can upload the original video and the video after rendering.
2020-2-21
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

-Hellsing- Posted at 2-21 10:53
What settings do you use for rendering?
The problem is not the PC, it's fine. I can upload the original video and the video after rendering.

You may have a frame rate mis-match, try changing that and see what happens.
Off the top my head, I have no idea, I would have to look at my Premier settings tonight tomorrow to see what I did.
2020-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The original files are always imported from SD card to computer drive as they are. The system video player (Windows or Mac) may play them back correctly, but video editor may not. Make sure that project settings match original file parameters (frame size and speed, fps that is). Some editors (i.e. Adobe PP) are notorious for stuttered playback of 4K files thru the timeline. You may consider dealing with proxy files option. What are the output rendering parameters is up to you, but - assuming match with original files - the final product should play back without issue.
2020-2-21
Use props
-Hellsing-
lvl.1
Belarus

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-21 12:08
The original files are always imported from SD card to computer drive as they are. The system video player (Windows or Mac) may play them back correctly, but video editor may not. Make sure that project settings match original file parameters (frame size and speed, fps that is). Some editors (i.e. Adobe PP) are notorious for stuttered playback of 4K files thru the timeline. You may consider dealing with proxy files option. What are the output rendering parameters is up to you, but - assuming match with original files - the final product should play back without issue.

I think I understand the reason. I accelerated the video in adobe premiere by 125% and the original video was 2.7 k 30 frames per second. If I don't speed up the video, then everything is fine. To speed up the video it is better to shoot at 1080 60fps?
2020-2-21
Use props
-Hellsing-
lvl.1
Belarus

But if I run vlc and turn on the maximum video speed, then nothing stutter. I don't understand why ((
2020-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

-Hellsing- Posted at 2-21 12:38
I think I understand the reason. I accelerated the video in adobe premiere by 125% and the original video was 2.7 k 30 frames per second. If I don't speed up the video, then everything is fine. To speed up the video it is better to shoot at 1080 60fps?

No, it doesn't make sense. Did you ramp up the original clip in editor or did you render the output with higher frame rate? You can speed the footage up, but render to MP4 at the same FPS as original ...
2020-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Why is everyone talking about 4K, the Mini does not do 4K, the maximum is 2.7K.
2020-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2-21 13:38
Why is everyone talking about 4K, the Mini does not do 4K, the maximum is 2.7K.

I don't know why, did I? Silly me ...
2020-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-21 18:27
I don't know why, did I? Silly me ...

No, not you. But Flycaster was, and someone else whose post was #7 and has now gone.
2020-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2-21 19:52
No, not you. But Flycaster was, and someone else whose post was #7 and has now gone.

Huh, do you know how to completely remove your own post? Just curious ...
2020-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-21 20:21
Huh, do you know how to completely remove your own post? Just curious ...

It seems to have changed, I think you cannot remove a post now if someone has replied to it. But you used to be able to select the Edit function, then once in it, select Advanced then Additional Options.
2020-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

OK, testing if I can remove my own post ...
EDIT: apparently not, don't see such option, even in Advanced. Oh, well...
2020-2-21
Use props
-Hellsing-
lvl.1
Belarus

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-21 13:20
No, it doesn't make sense. Did you ramp up the original clip in editor or did you render the output with higher frame rate? You can speed the footage up, but render to MP4 at the same FPS as original ...

Please see the screenshots and videos before and after rendering. I only increased the video speed by 125%

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_9.png

2020-2-22
Use props
-Hellsing-
lvl.1
Belarus

https://youtu.be/_W8rV79AhTw
https://youtu.be/3lq3NcpERD4
2020-2-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

-Hellsing- Posted at 2-22 01:10
https://youtu.be/_W8rV79AhTw
https://youtu.be/3lq3NcpERD4

Both versions are playing back OK, no problem here.
2020-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules