Powering Ronin SC by USB or external battery?
6613 8 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gax815
lvl.1

United States

Looking for any info about powering my Ronin SC off an external battery, whether over USB or otherwise. USB C can thereotically handle the specs needed to power the gimbal, as long as the USB C port on the Ronin SC can handle it. Does anyone know what the max voltage/amperage the port can handle?

Otherwise, I see that there is an auxiliary power adapter available for the Ronin S that replaces the grip and allows the gimbal to be powered by a battery or AC power. I'm assuming this does not work with the SC, correct? Can anyone at DJI say if such an accessory will be available for the SC?
The SC is a great little gimbal but a way to power it external would allow it to do so much more.
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi gax815, we do not recommend customers to power the Ronin-SC via the external power sourse. If the power supply current is insufficient, it will cause sudden power failure when the gimbal is working. If the power supply voltage is too high, the gimbal could be burnt out.
The USB-C port of Ronin-S is used to camera shutter control, provide power to camera and accessories connected and communication, it cannot be used to chagre the gimbal.
2020-2-24
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638366 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 00:19
Hi gax815, we do not recommend customers to power the Ronin-SC via the external power sourse. If the power supply current is insufficient, it will cause sudden power failure when the gimbal is working. If the power supply voltage is too high, the gimbal could be burnt out.
The USB-C port of Ronin-S is used to camera shutter control, provide power to camera and accessories connected and communication, it cannot be used to chagre the gimbal.

I am planning to mount the SC on a jib or to a rig outside of the car. I would love to have an official solution like the S has (https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-tethered-control-handle).
I am wondering why such a thing does not exist for the SC. I'd really need one.

I have tried powering the SC with only via USB while no battery is even connected and it seems to work. My problem is that I found no mount/base plate I can put in place of the battery, so it can be mounted to stuff.

I'd be most happy with an official tethered controller though.
2020-5-24
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

I am planning to mount the SC on a jib or to a rig outside of the car. I would love to have an official solution like the S has (https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-tethered-control-handle).

I have tried powering the SC with only via USB while no battery is even connected and it seems to work. My problem is that I found no mount/base plate I can put in place of the battery, so it can be mounted to stuff.

2020-5-24
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_hCoTvcT9yatW
New

Netherlands

hey i wonder if it was successful to power the sc externally? I may also want to buy a SC if possible I could probably 3D print the mount for the SC
2020-10-12
Use props
Paul
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You ever make a 3D print?
2020-11-11
Use props
Paul
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI, can you please share a 3D design of the Ronin SC?
If it is not on the roadmap for DJI then I would like to make my own.

Paul
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_KrweXatJpJlo
New

United States

Paul@alphabronx.com Posted at 11-11 03:46
You ever make a 3D print?

Hey man, you ever figure anything out for this? I'm going to be picking one of these up within the next month or so and I will be 3d printing a mount to mount to a ring and a suspension arm car mount. I can possibly commission 3d print you something to work for whatever you want
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules