Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First flight with the Mavic 2 Pro - flying in a mountain snow storm!
1380 20 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thick snow coats the deep forests of silver fir that cling to rugged mountain slopes in the high reaches of the Cascade Mountains. Glittering with a freezing rainbow of monochromatic hues, winter paints the forest in the colors of a slumbering world. The underlying greenery may still be glimpsed in passing,  peeking through its icy shroud - a harbinger of spring and the warm months to come.

After several months grounded by a broken drone and awful stormy weather, I'm finally back in the air with a brand new Mavic 2 Pro! How better to test it than in a snow storm? I absolutely love the improvement in quality over my old Mavic 2 Zoom. Don't get me wrong, I loved that thing, and I still plan to get it repaired, but I do appreciate the larger sensor of the Pro and the beautiful images and video it produces. Ground based footage was filmed with my Nikon Z6.

Thanks for watching!
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Illuminations. Thank you for reaching out and for creating and sharing this remarkable video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic 2 Pro.  Just a reminder that the DJI Mavic 2 Pro's Operating Temperature Range is from -10°C to 40°C. Again you did an amazing work and please fly safe always.
2020-2-21
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-21 11:58
Hello and good day Illuminations. Thank you for reaching out and for creating and sharing this remarkable video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic 2 Pro.  Just a reminder that the DJI Mavic 2 Pro's Operating Temperature Range is from -10°C to 40°C. Again you did an amazing work and please fly safe always.

Thanks Stephen! Temperatures were well within the Pro's operating temperature range - the Cascades are snowy, but not typically that frigid.
2020-2-21
Use props
neilfisher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385243 ft
Canada

Illuminations Posted at 2-21 12:13
Thanks Stephen! Temperatures were well within the Pro's operating temperature range - the Cascades are snowy, but not typically that frigid.

Beautiful footage - there's something magical about flying above a frozen forest.
The lower operating temperature range, of  -10°C, was a big reason why I went with the Mavic 2 Pro.
2020-2-21
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

neilfisher Posted at 2-21 13:27
Beautiful footage - there's something magical about flying above a frozen forest.
The lower operating temperature range, of  -10°C, was a big reason why I went with the Mavic 2 Pro.

Thank you - I flew in all kinds of crazy conditions with my Mavic 2 Zoom (identical to the Pro besides the camera). I've found that wind is far more dangerous than cold or wet, as evidenced by the strong gust that brought down my Zoom a few months ago.
2020-2-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Illuminations Posted at 2-21 13:59
Thank you - I flew in all kinds of crazy conditions with my Mavic 2 Zoom (identical to the Pro besides the camera). I've found that wind is far more dangerous than cold or wet, as evidenced by the strong gust that brought down my Zoom a few months ago.

Great footage. Really enjoyed watching
2020-2-21
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2-21 17:38
Great footage. Really enjoyed watching

Thank you!
2020-2-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2020-2-21
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

wonderful video clip, it looks amazing
2020-2-21
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice job
2020-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning footage,  I was hoping to see some snow here this year but its not looking likely.
2020-2-22
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gjuro Posted at 2-21 21:45
wonderful video clip, it looks amazing

Thank you!
2020-2-22
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!
2020-2-22
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 00:10
Stunning footage,  I was hoping to see some snow here this year but its not looking likely.

Thanks - I'm really glad we got a decent snow year in the mountains around here this year. Unfortunately it's looking like we're the odd ones out.
2020-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Illuminations Posted at 2-21 12:13

You are very much welcome Illuminations and it is great to know these details as well. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2020-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Most beautiful footage!
2020-2-28
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-28 02:16
Most beautiful footage!

Thank you!
2020-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2020-2-29
Use props
Bdet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55440 ft
United States

Beautiful footage!! Thank you for sharing!
2020-3-6
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bdet Posted at 3-6 11:18
Beautiful footage!! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you!
2020-3-6
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

SWEET,  And FROSTY

Very nice footage......I like Palm Trees

Randy  ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/aerial.traffica