Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Safe time to keep battery fully charged?
1027 6 2020-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moto_919
lvl.4
Flight distance : 219439 ft
United States

I have seen and read the topics on not keeping the DJI batteries fully charged as to not damage and keep them in good condition. If i charge the batteries and end up not using them all for whatever reason how long should i go before being discharged. That night? A day? A week?

I know there isnt an exact defined time for this but maybe someone has a timeline they have experienced and recommend not going over.

2020-2-22
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
First Officer
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

...I remember reading somewhere that it's 10 days...someone correct me if am wrong...
2020-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Moto_919. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this inquiry. You may use a charger with an input of 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.5A and an output of 12V 1.5 A / 9V 2A / 5V 3A. In addition, the DJI Mavic Mini battery does not have a days until automatic self-discharge setting. For a battery that will be kept idle for more than ten days, discharge it with the two-way charging hub, or insert it into the aircraft and power on the aircraft to discharge it until the battery level drops to 40-65% ( two to three battery level indicators light up ). In addition, the battery's performance will be influenced if it is kept idle for a long time. To maintain the battery's active state, it is recommended that users charge and discharge the battery every three months. Do not completely discharge the battery and then store it for a long time; otherwise, the battery will over-discharge and the battery cells will be damaged, which will make the battery unusable. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Mini Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EK.pdf ). Thank you.

2020-2-22
Use props
Moto_919
lvl.4
Flight distance : 219439 ft
United States

Thanks guys.
2020-2-23
Use props
andrei193
First Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Can we store the batteries in the external charger?
2020-2-23
Use props
Newbie Europe
lvl.1
Germany

Regarding the first two points in DJI Stephen's note (200 cycles lifetime and discharge to 40%-60% if not used for more than 10 days or more).

Does this also apply to the batteries in the remote control?
2020-2-25
Use props
flcusat
lvl.3
United States

andrei193 Posted at 2-23 02:26
Can we store the batteries in the external charger?

This is a good question. I'm wondering if somehow they will discharge and if they do to which percentage.
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules