UAV Forecast vs Airdata
3962 8 2020-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Hello,  i was wondering if anybody compared the wind profiles of both apps, as i noticed UAV Forecast seems to have higher values than Airdata. For example in today's flight according to the UAV wind profile above 50 m there were 27km/h gusts and all was red, while airdata was more conservative showing a lot less gusts and wind speed in height up to 120 m. And i didn't notice too strong winds nor got any notification for strong winds, also got to above 100 m without issues and overall it was all calm. So my question is has anybody compared them? which one is more reliable? i am more inclined to believe to Airdata so far, from what i have seen.
2020-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good sbonev. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best feed back from our valued DJI co pilots who had compared the UAV Forecast vs Airdata. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-2-22
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I have given up on UAV Forecast I don't know if it's cos I'm surrounded by mountains but it has repeatedly advised I can fly on days we had shocking wind and the opposite on some calmer days. I know it uses more than just wind to work it out but still I have had better results just guessing and using a  cheap hand held anometer.
2020-2-22
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Germany

For me works uav forecast well
2020-2-22
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am pretty pleased with UAV accuracy but I am in a completely different zone. I use www.ventusky.com at home for winds forecast.
2020-2-22
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Have never tried Airdata. I always use UAV Forecast and it works well for me.
2020-2-22
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

There are differences between the two and if I'd only use UAV, I'd never fly. Using AD's only I'd probably experience my first fly away. Best to have a look at the clouds, wind etc
2020-2-23
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 2-23 02:20
There are differences between the two and if I'd only use UAV, I'd never fly. Using AD's only I'd probably experience my first fly away. Best to have a look at the clouds, wind etc

that is the thing - as good as it might be yesterday UAV was showing green only up to 50 m and more than 8 m/s wind and 18 m/s gusts above that... and on the ground if i remember correctly 4-5 m/s.. the thing is it was not even close! airdata was totally in acceptable range of wind and gusts - up to 120 m...and i went up to 100 m - it was totally normal not a single breeze! now is the same - all day is red according to UAV, according to airdata there are high winds, but still manageable now, and in the afternoon all is red. And from what i see i don't believe much to UAV...
2020-2-23
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 2-22 13:28
I am pretty pleased with UAV accuracy but I am in a completely different zone. I use www.ventusky.com at home for winds forecast.

Thanks for this link. First i saw this one. Good to have a few extra in case your go tos site is down at the time you need info
2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules