I keep getting maximum altitude reached at 25 m in France
3530 24 2020-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philgib
lvl.3

France

I am living on the coast. I only fly now above water at very different places.
BUT the MM refuses to fly above 25 meters.  
I keep getting maximum altitude reached alert msgs.  And as you may imagine, 25 meters is not so high ...
What is going wrong please ?

Thank you

2020-2-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi philgib,

Best is to upload a flightrecord, using this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the upload link in here.

cheers
JJB
2020-2-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I advise you not fly the MM close to water unless you're already experienced w/ drones and be aware that MM can have unexpected drops especially after a halt coming from great speed or when the air flow around the drone body suddenly slows down.

Did you already set the proper Max Altitude in the Safety menu, right ?
2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you set your mini in beginner mode by any chance or limited height in app ?
2020-2-23
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

Here you go

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/CO0F8H817ZT577SSSWHJ
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9ILF6BT15TE550DSQQ2J
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/O018KT9UJBVYJIUL48ID

Interesting, I fail to see that alarm message in the log. But as you may see, I am consistently blocked at 88 feet.

Max altitude in my MM is 300m. I have not intention to fly at that altitude ( max is 150m in France ), but just to check out that it works. But I can even pass the 25 meter mark...

The only reason I bought that MM is to fly above water. No other choice.  I have high probabilities to be taken down by a seagull though.

2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

philgib Posted at 2-23 13:07
Here you go

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/CO0F8H817ZT577SSSWHJ

Have you set max altitude and max distance on your app, you would need to power up craft and app go safety in app and check, I thought maybe beginners mode, but none on mini .
2020-2-23
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

hallmark007 Posted at 2-23 13:30
Have you set max altitude and max distance on your app, you would need to power up craft and app go safety in app and check, I thought maybe beginners mode, but none on mini .

Indeed no beginner rmode in the MM and yes I did set the altitude at 300m. Thx for the suggestion though
2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

philgib Posted at 2-23 13:31
Indeed no beginner rmode in the MM and yes I did set the altitude at 300m. Thx for the suggestion though

Nothing in logs, it’s like limiter or NFZ area strange, maybe dji assistant for FW refresh .
2020-2-23
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

hallmark007 Posted at 2-23 13:54
Nothing in logs, it’s like limiter or NFZ area strange, maybe dji assistant for FW refresh .

My point is  : do we still have the ability to fly wherever we want once we checked some electronic waiver box, or is a NFZ for instance enforced and we are left with no option ?
In France, most of the country coast is somehow a NFZ ( ridiculous, but that is the law).

That is one of the reasons why I am flying above water, far away from any airport or other strategic places of course, no nonsense.

red.jpg
2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

philgib Posted at 2-23 14:02
My point is  do we still have the ability to fly wherever we want once we checked some electronic waiver box, or is a NFZ for instance enforced and we have no option ?

Well it depends if your in a restricted area you should get a warning prior to take off, I have flown in Dublin city Centre on a job in a NFZ but you could fly but limit was 30m so take off was fine but you couldn’t go outside limit with drone.

Is there Airport in your location or some other restricted location . I suppose going to another location might clear this up.
2020-2-23
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

hallmark007 Posted at 2-23 14:10
Well it depends if your in a restricted area you should get a warning prior to take off, I have flown in Dublin city Centre on a job in a NFZ but you could fly but limit was 30m so take off was fine but you couldn’t go outside limit with drone.

Is there Airport in your location or some other restricted location . I suppose going to another location might clear this up.

Did you waive the warning in Dublin but the MM would still refuse to fly above 30m ? That is what I would like to know.
I am not getting any prior warning
2020-2-23
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

philgib Posted at 2-23 14:02
My point is  : do we still have the ability to fly wherever we want once we checked some electronic waiver box, or is a NFZ for instance enforced and we are left with no option ?
In France, most of the country coast is somehow a NFZ ( ridiculous, but that is the law).

Regarding the danger about flying over water because of some issues with the mini, have a look at the below DJI ad ... I can see some potential legal issues here ... Advising beginners to fly over people, and to take the risk to fall in the water  is maybe not very wise from DJI ...
2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

philgib Posted at 2-23 14:16
Did you waive the warning in Dublin but the MM would still refuse to fly above 30m ? That is what I would like to know.
I am not getting any prior warning

No I didn’t we had enquired with IAA who gave us the information regarding geo zone I also believe it’s now marked in dji maps .

I did ask the question are you within range of restricted area just to advise that you could be faced with drone being auto landed “not good over water”
2020-2-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I didn't notice any anomaly in the flight logs preventing you to climb higher, although I've noticed you tend to stay too close to the water and your MM already thew some Not Enough Force errors.

Check your propellers as soon as possible and compare them against a new set.

I advise you to check the wind forecast at 100 meters for gusts with a website such as www.ventusky.com or www.windy.com anything above 8 m/s (again checked at 100 meters and FOR GUSTS, not regular wind) is a soundly good NO FLY.

Good luck.
2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

philgib Posted at 2-23 14:23
Regarding the danger about flying over water because of some issues with the mini, have a look at the below DJI ad ... I can see some potential legal issues here ... Advising beginners to fly over people, and to take the risk to fall in the water  is maybe not very wise from DJI ...
[view_image]

Flying drones over water is probably the safest place to fly as long as you take general care read manual etc, over water less likely to get interference etc , what you posted is a competition it’s not compulsory and I don’t think it’s telling anyone to fly over water, but I’m surprised at how many people who will waste their time reading all sorts of rubbish into adds like this, but can’t be bothered to read the Manual .
2020-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day philgib. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us.  Just a reminder to please fly carefully and please be aware of the drone's altitude when flying above water. It is not recommended to fly the aircraft close to the water. When flying above the water, the vision system of the said drone  will turn off automatically, if the vision system is affected an accident might happen. In addition can you please try to check the orientation of your DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller to see if the issue will still persist. For reference, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

2020-2-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

philgib Posted at 2-23 14:23
[view_image]

there are no legal issues with this ad in a free country like America.  however, it all other places especially Europe, it could very well be the case since eu governments are more "involved" in businesses than our comrades over in china/ussr.  /s /s /s
2020-2-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you by chance have the Payload Mode turned on?  I don't remember what the Mini's limits are with Payload turned on but I know that it has some.
2020-2-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you flying with the propeller guards on ?
2020-2-23
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

hallmark007 Posted at 2-23 15:42
Flying drones over water is probably the safest place to fly as long as you take general care read manual etc, over water less likely to get interference etc , what you posted is a competition it’s not compulsory and I don’t think it’s telling anyone to fly over water, but I’m surprised at how many people who will waste their time reading all sorts of rubbish into adds like this, but can’t be bothered to read the Manual .

@DJI Stephen,

Hello Stephen. This is quite interesting.

I have flown a large number of drones ( mostly hexacoters I built myself up to 3 kgs in the good old times), and I would not need any ground vision, only using the GPS

With all due respect, are you saying that even at 100 feet high, the MM keeps on using some kind of vision to the ground ? Is that to provide some redundancy to the GPS ?

Thank you Stephen

@Ianes & Bob : guys great tip about checking the heavy load / cage setting, thank you. I'll try that as soon the wind calms down, about 60 mph today on the French Riviera, slightly too much for the MM :-)
2020-2-26
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

The Saint Posted at 2-23 17:42
there are no legal issues with this ad in a free country like America.  however, it all other places especially Europe, it could very well be the case since eu governments are more "involved" in businesses than our comrades over in china/ussr.  /s /s /s

especially Europe, it could very well be the case since eu governments are more "involved" in businesses than our comrades over in china/ussr

Very true :-)

Are you sure that drones are allowed to fly above people in the US ?  FAA Small UAS rule, part 107 : Do not fly over people not directly participating in the activity,. I did read somewhere though that there was some plans for allowing Cat 1 and 2 fly above people and at night. True or fake, I do not know.

Anyway. The point of this thread here is to find out why I could not fly above 88 feet...
2020-2-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Phil,

are you sure about that height msg in the app ?

i see this : " Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists, Land immediately"

Is it possible to do screen recording of the fly app, see the messages while you try to fly higher ?
In the 14-38-29 flight i do not see 100% up stick for longer period to try to climb.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-2-26
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

JJB* Posted at 2-26 08:10
Hi Phil,

are you sure about that height msg in the app ?

@jjb : wow that is fantastic view of the logs. What software are you using please ?
OK I will try to record the screen next time.

Thank you
2020-2-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

philgib Posted at 2-26 08:21
@jjb : wow that is fantastic view of the logs. What software are you using please ?
OK I will try to record the screen next time.

And the other flight....no 100% up input as well.
Red marking bottom chart is = max power load, reduce height warning.

See this for my SW : https://forum.dji.com/thread-203659-1-1.html  (windows program)

Lots more info than on PhantomHelp, and good to see lots of data all in one screen.

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
2020-2-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

philgib Posted at 2-26 07:58
especially Europe, it could very well be the case since eu governments are more "involved" in businesses than our comrades over in china/ussr

Very true :-)

sure it might be "illegal" in America to fly over people but thoughts and comments and depictions and suggestions and assertions and advice about doing it are not illegal.  I was being total sarcastic with my comments (hence the multiple /s switches) but a few took me seriously and you've acknowledged as some folks already know, pretty much everything is "illegal" these days when it comes to governments and drones.  it's ok for dji to police itself but imagine a "government" payload mode that determines how high and how far your drone can fly "in the name of safety."  coming soon.
2020-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules