Mavic 2 Pro 180 degree & Sphere workflow
2980 4 2020-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe_Diver
lvl.2

United States

Hello everyone,

I am interested in what the workflow is when you shoot spheres and 180 degree panos with the Mavic 2 Pro.  The tutorials I’ve watched online only show how to shoot the panos but refer to the complexity of getting them off the SD card one into a finished product, which isn't covered at all.

Can anyone share their workflow (how to set up folders, the right files, etc.) to get them into a finished product, what software you are using to stitch them together (especially for spheres) and whether I can pull this off in raw mode or whether I have to use JPGs only.

I couldn’t find any videos or written instructions on how to do any of this online.  Would appreciate some help from the experts who have done it. Heading to Canada out in Browning Pass diving then using drone during downtime.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.  

Joe
2020-2-23
Use props
Joe_Diver
lvl.2

United States

I am referring to getting the images to output to a globe (stereographic projection).  Not the movable 360 sphere that you see in Google.  If the Mavic outputs a final raw in 360 pano mode I should be good. If it doesn't and I have the raw files I will need to do a lot in post, hopefully in PS or Lightroom.
2020-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Joe. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't get what you mean.
Do you have an example of a final 'product' that you want to achieve?
2020-2-23
Use props
pontix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1247274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess he has my same question: how do you get the sphere?
If you go in the DJI Fly app you can click on it and see the sphere (attached a screenshot from the phone).
Then you move the files for the computer and see an horrible picture that need to be worked in affinity/photoshop/etc. The question is : how do we get to the sphere from the pano photo file?

2020-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules