5920 26 2020-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniDuca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49797 ft

Italy

Hi there,

https://www.quadricottero.com/2020/02/drone-mavic-mini-dji-ribadisce-il-no.html (in Italian)

Apparently, DJI hasn't intention to implement AT on Mavic Mini, unfortunatley...maybe with a Third party app (Litchi) after SDK release?
2020-2-24
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

that's not new and constant complaining will not change it. If you want active track, pay more for a Mavic Pro
2020-2-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

While not perfect one can manually fake tracking of objects, also moving a bit while using dronnie creates very interesting effects, I have seen many Mavic 2 smash in to trees while using AT and had my Mavic mini so close to do the same with the Quick shots... I actually prefer not to have AT.
2020-2-24
Use props
MiniDuca
lvl.1

Italy

UweE Posted at 2-24 02:11
that's not new and constant complaining will not change it. If you want active track, pay more for a Mavic Pro

It wasn't completely sure until yesterday, many hoped yes with one of the next update, but DJI now motivated bacause NO
2020-2-24
Use props
MiniDuca
lvl.1

Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-24 02:20
While not perfect one can manually fake tracking of objects, also moving a bit while using dronnie creates very interesting effects, I have seen many Mavic 2 smash in to trees while using AT and had my Mavic mini so close to do the same with the Quick shots... I actually prefer not to have AT.

Yes, i'm agree...i crashed my mini into tree (fortunately without any consequence) while a quickshot, but maybe it would happen even with OA, because it happened while a lateral movement
2020-2-24
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

"A Marzo sul Mavic Mini una nuova possibilità
Un'altra mancanza sentita dagli utenti del Mavic Mini è quella relativa all'impossibilità di cambiare manualmente i paramentri del video. In questo caso la notizia è buona, la DJI in un commento ha affermato che a Marzo verrà data questa possibilità: si potranno cambiare manualmente i setting della modalità video. Sicuramente verrà fatto tramite un aggiornamento dell'app DJI Fly, probabilmente anche tramite un aggiornamento firmware per il drone."

In March on the Mavic Mini a new possibility
Another lack felt by users of the Mavic Mini is that related to the impossibility of manually changing the parameters of the video. In this case the news is good, the DJI in a comment said that in March this possibility will be given: you can manually change the settings of the video mode. It will certainly be done through an update of the DJI Fly app, probably also through a firmware update for the drone.
2020-2-24
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

This article is also interesting about new mavic 3:

https://www.quadricottero.com/20 ... ilmente-uscira.html
2020-2-24
Use props
MiniDuca
lvl.1

Italy

Renato61 Posted at 2-24 02:59
"A Marzo sul Mavic Mini una nuova possibilità
Un'altra mancanza sentita dagli utenti del Mavic Mini è quella relativa all'impossibilità di cambiare manualmente i paramentri del video. In questo caso la notizia è buona, la DJI in un commento ha affermato che a Marzo verrà data questa possibilità: si potranno cambiare manualmente i setting della modalità video. Sicuramente verrà fatto tramite un aggiornamento dell'app DJI Fly, probabilmente anche tramite un aggiornamento firmware per il drone."

Esatto, questa è sicuramente una notizia positiva...parlano però di modalità video e non foto...

Yes, this is a more positive news...but they're talking about video, not photo...
2020-2-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I think the Mini is capable of Spot light mode, which would be useful
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MiniDuca. Thank you for reaching out and for your insights with regards to this matter. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Mini does not have the Activetrack feature. In addition, this matter has already been forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. For the latest news and updates on the DJI Mavic Mini and on the DJI Fly application, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2020-2-24
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

DJi should have NOT market it as Spark replacement if they can not deliver!
2020-2-24
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

A lot of cheap and expensive drones out there have this function, even without sensors, and dji does not use this function with this excuse ... I can’t understand.
I hope that even if dji doesn't change his mind, it will be implemented by third parties ...
2020-2-24
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-24 03:37
I think the Mini is capable of Spot light mode, which would be useful

Yes, spotlight should be possible and that's exactly what I was looking for!
I didn't know, how this mode is named and that it is already available with
certain DJI-drones.

DJI: please, check what is possible! Thx.!
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

UweE Posted at 2-25 06:29
Yes, spotlight should be possible and that's exactly what I was looking for!
I didn't know, how this mode is named and that it is already available with
certain DJI-drones.

Hello and good day UweE. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information. Let me cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Foxy Posted at 2-24 11:15
A lot of cheap and expensive drones out there have this function, even without sensors, and dji does not use this function with this excuse ... I can’t understand.
I hope that even if dji doesn't change his mind, it will be implemented by third parties ...

Which ones ?
2020-2-25
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A quick google search for drones with active track, or follow me, found a lot.  One stand out I see is Zino Pro.
2020-2-25
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tried to post an answer but I get a message saying I can’t post the content.  It was a model.  Do a google search for drones with active tracking or follow me and you will find a lot.
2020-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

smithe Posted at 2-25 16:48
I tried to post an answer but I get a message saying I can’t post the content.  It was a model.  Do a google search for drones with active tracking or follow me and you will find a lot.

Not to sure what the problem is, look I’ve seen these drones before I have one, and yes I watched the Zino, one thing I can tell you is if I paid €400 for a drone and I got that AT on it , I would spend all my time complaining, it’s unusable as footage and simply learning to fly offers a much better solution, but yes effectively it has AT , i just hope dji don’t ruin their reputation by implementing similar , I’d prefer to fly .
2020-2-26
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-26 05:08
Not to sure what the problem is, look I’ve seen these drones before I have one, and yes I watched the Zino, one thing I can tell you is if I paid €400 for a drone and I got that AT on it , I would spend all my time complaining, it’s unusable as footage and simply learning to fly offers a much better solution, but yes effectively it has AT , i just hope dji don’t ruin their reputation by implementing similar , I’d prefer to fly .

I like to fly too, it’s why I have an FPV drone that let’s me fly freely.  As to shy kind of follow me, it’sa nice feature to use in certain situations.  I used it with my spark to get footage of me riding my gravel bike, motorcycles and off-roading in my truck.   Personally I would like that feature in a truly compact drone like the mini that is easy to carry when carrying options are limited.  Guess a lot of others do too.
2020-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

smithe Posted at 2-26 16:40
I like to fly too, it’s why I have an FPV drone that let’s me fly freely.  As to shy kind of follow me, it’sa nice feature to use in certain situations.  I used it with my spark to get footage of me riding my gravel bike, motorcycles and off-roading in my truck.   Personally I would like that feature in a truly compact drone like the mini that is easy to carry when carrying options are limited.  Guess a lot of others do too.

That’s fine spark has AT and is fully geared for it, it also cost almost double the price of a Mavic mini .
Mini is not geared up for AT and dji have said this, so at sometime mini users need to accept this .
2020-2-26
Use props
Bassboat
lvl.1

Canada

Thinking of getting a Mavic Mini and really want some kind of  follow me. ... note I have another drone and it can follow the remote! Can the mini do this?

I know not the same as active track, but I love taking walks on the beach or drive in a boat, and have my drone film it, by following the remote control... why can’t DJI mini do this?

It also allows me to reset the “home location” to where the remote is, so that it returns to where I am and not where I was 20 min ago.  Very useful when walking or on a boat, as I don’t want it landing in the water lol.

Can mini do this now? Can an update do this?
2020-2-27
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Bassboat Posted at 2-27 08:35
Thinking of getting a Mavic Mini and really want some kind of  follow me. ... note I have another drone and it can follow the remote! Can the mini do this?

I know not the same as active track, but I love taking walks on the beach or drive in a boat, and have my drone film it, by following the remote control... why can’t DJI mini do this?

Active Track - NO
Follow Me - NO
Change home point - Yes
AT update - I think, newer...
2020-2-27
Use props
Bassboat
lvl.1

Canada

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 2-27 08:41
Active Track - NO
Follow Me - NO
Change home point - Yes

Just to confirm, you mention AT = newer? Are you saying newer mini may get it?  (Or is that spell check?)

Also would follow  me not be a very simple software update?  Remote knows it’s gps location, and knows the drones, just needs to send the drone the new location it needs to be at relative to remote, seems like a simple piece of code?
2020-2-27
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Bassboat Posted at 2-27 14:10
Just to confirm, you mention AT = newer? Are you saying newer mini may get it?  (Or is that spell check?)

Also would follow  me not be a very simple software update?  Remote knows it’s gps location, and knows the drones, just needs to send the drone the new location it needs to be at relative to remote, seems like a simple piece of code?

Follow me technology hasn’t been used on new DJI drones for a long time. Remote positioning accuracy is low, especially in height. And the price of the error is high (especially for a drone that does not have obstacle detection). I don’t think that they will make an exception for Mini.
Wanting is one thing, really assessing the odds is another ...
2020-2-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

You knew it didn't have active track when you purchased it.  Deal with it!
2020-2-28
Use props
djiuser_6aBZz2nPrORg
New
Flight distance : 613799 ft
India

Hope DJI reads it

Active Track for the mini, at least some.kind of active track to make it the best travel drone on the planet
2020-6-25
Use props
PRATHAMESH G
lvl.1

India

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-25 13:12
Hello and good day UweE. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information. Let me cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,It's Already monthsss Since DJI MAVIC MINI WAS LAUNCHED...IF THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN ADDING ACTIVE TRACK THEY CAN INFORM THE PUBLIC  THAT THEY ARE NOT GONNA ADD ACTIVE TRACK. LEAVE ACTIVE TRACK THERE NOT EVEN PROPER PHOTO MODES lIKE PANORMAMA,AEB,BURST PHOTO ETC..Which DJI SPARK HAD.IN QUICKSHOTS THERE IS NO BOOMERANG AND ASTEROID ALSO.WHY CANT THEY ADD THOSE BASIC FEATURES..ATLEAST GOWARD THIS TO DJI TEAM FOR ADDING PANORAMA AND OTHER PHOTO FEATURES ALSO PLEAE TELL THEM TO ADD LIVE STREAMING
THANK YOU
REGARDS.
P.P
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules