Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to take pictures using smart controller.
6395 19 2020-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Journey
Captain
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

I have purchased the smart controller recently and on at leas two occasions i was locked out of taking photos. It would become impossible to change the type of picture to take and shutter button wouldn't do anything. The video both times was working as normal. Any one had this problem or knows how to resolve this ?
2020-2-24
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

No problems taking pictures and changing aperture on the sc. Try reinstalling the latest firmware using DJI Assistent 2.
2020-2-24
Use props
Journey
Captain
  • >>>
Colombia

JohnDG Posted at 2-24 04:17
No problems taking pictures and changing aperture on the sc. Try reinstalling the latest firmware using DJI Assistent 2.

Latest firmware installed. It's not immediate obvious that this is happening as this gets locked out sometime during the flight. Possibly when i loose the signal for a while.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if this issue only happens when you lose signal while you are in the air? Also, can you please try to relink the DJI Smart Controller to your drone to see if the problem persists? You may refer to the tutorial link below. Thank you for your support!

2020-2-24
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Journey Posted at 2-24 04:21
Latest firmware installed. It's not immediate obvious that this is happening as this gets locked out sometime during the flight. Possibly when i loose the signal for a while.

Check if there is a problem with the shutter button, try to press the shutter on the app (white dot at the screen). If it works this way maybe a hardware issue.
2020-2-25
Use props
Journey
Captain
  • >>>
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-24 09:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if this issue only happens when you lose signal while you are in the air? Also, can you please try to relink the DJI Smart Controller to your drone to see if the problem persists? You may refer to the tutorial link below. Thank you for your support!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2FL5vFQPY

Controller has been relinked after the firs instance but to no avail. There is nothing in this tutorial that is remotely helpful. It seems like a software issue. I think that what triggers this behaviour is loss of signal but not for sure. I cannot change camera options in the photo section while video works fine.
2020-2-25
Use props
Journey
Captain
  • >>>
Colombia

ro_flyer Posted at 2-25 01:03
Check if there is a problem with the shutter button, try to press the shutter on the app (white dot at the screen). If it works this way maybe a hardware issue.

Thanks for the reply. Neither the physical or soft shutter works. I can't even select the photo type (normal, panorama, AEB ETC) the options on the screen are not responsive.
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Journey Posted at 2-25 05:25
Controller has been relinked after the firs instance but to no avail. There is nothing in this tutorial that is remotely helpful. It seems like a software issue. I think that what triggers this behaviour is loss of signal but not for sure. I cannot change camera options in the photo section while video works fine.

Hi, If this issue only happens when you lose signal, this issue might be caused by the transmission issue. Please try to fly in a different location wherein you will not lose any signal and check whether you still experience the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-2-27
Use props
Journey
Captain
  • >>>
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-27 14:26
Hi, If this issue only happens when you lose signal, this issue might be caused by the transmission issue. Please try to fly in a different location wherein you will not lose any signal and check whether you still experience the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

That doesn't at all address the problem that after momentary loss of signal i'm no longer able to take pictures. Surely telling me to fly elsewhere is not a resolution to this software problem of the smart controller.
2020-2-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Journey Posted at 2-27 19:39
That doesn't at all address the problem that after momentary loss of signal i'm no longer able to take pictures. Surely telling me to fly elsewhere is not a resolution to this software problem of the smart controller.

Does this occur while you are recording video? AFAIK the system does not respond during video recording, as the camera is re-configured for video, not stilles.
2020-2-27
Use props
Journey
Captain
  • >>>
Colombia

Geebax Posted at 2-27 20:41
Does this occur while you are recording video? AFAIK the system does not respond during video recording, as the camera is re-configured for video, not stilles.

I'm not sure if i understand what you mean. If you are saying that i can't take pictures while i film it's not the issue. I always stop filming to take pictures. The issue is that i can stop and start video and changes video settings but the photo settings are stuck and the both physical and software shutters do nothing.
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Journey Posted at 2-27 19:39

Hi, sorry for the trouble. I will highly recommend you to send your DJI Smart Controller to us for further diagnostics. We do have our professional team who will conduct a analysis of your unit for us to further identify the reason for the problem. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support!

https://www.dji.com/support
2020-3-2
Use props
Jonathan R Hayes
lvl.1

United States

I’m having the same problem- video is fine, photos don’t take or save to the SF card. Should I also send it my smart controller? It’s practically brand new... I’ve had it for 1 week
2020-4-6
Use props
Journey
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jonathan R Hayes Posted at 4-6 17:19
I’m having the same problem- video is fine, photos don’t take or save to the SF card. Should I also send it my smart controller? It’s practically brand new... I’ve had it for 1 week

I think i have narrowed down the issue and i don't believe the smart controller is at fault. It looks like the issue actually occurs when i change between video and photo mode or in particular panorama. Panorama uses manual focus and that has always been a bit of a snag in the m2p software. Looks like when come back from filming to photo mode and the shutter is half pressed the mode freezes. At least that is what has happened last time i have tested this. Also i have force closed the djigo4 app on the sc hoping this would help. This had no effect. Only turning the m2p off and on helped. It's actually a software problem of the drone.
2020-4-9
Use props
Krause31
First Officer
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,

when you reset the camera in the dji go app, it will help, too!

best regards
Markus
2020-4-12
Use props
Journey
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Krause31 Posted at 4-12 22:36
Hello,

when you reset the camera in the dji go app, it will help, too!

Thanks for that brother. I will try it next time it freezes.
2020-4-12
Use props
fansf0a89141
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Anyone have a resolve for this. I honestly beleive this is a little piece of software that somehow gets flashed to the mavic from somehow or someone. I've had this occurrence happen a few times now and i always loose signal. This being at an area where I've flown numerous times and am aware of the signal patterns there. However normally one looses visual signal way before you lose your control signal. I lose all signal in one shot with no warning at all full bars. I have a situation where with my camera being in manual and not automatic at all,  my exposure level just dances around on its own as well as I instantly over expose to white out or the other way with a black out. These changes are instantaneous so no visuals instantly mid flight. I've flown home by sound a few times now, did some research on it and dji has what they call a bug hunter program more or less scheming ways that these can be hacked and patched accordingly. Check out Github and there such a thing you will discover.
2021-6-24
Use props
fansf0a89141
  • >>>
Canada

fansf0a89141 Posted at 6-24 16:07
Anyone have a resolve for this. I honestly beleive this is a little piece of software that somehow gets flashed to the mavic from somehow or someone. I've had this occurrence happen a few times now and i always loose signal. This being at an area where I've flown numerous times and am aware of the signal patterns there. However normally one looses visual signal way before you lose your control signal. I lose all signal in one shot with no warning at all full bars. I have a situation where with my camera being in manual and not automatic at all,  my exposure level just dances around on its own as well as I instantly over expose to white out or the other way with a black out. These changes are instantaneous so no visuals instantly mid flight. I've flown home by sound a few times now, did some research on it and dji has what they call a bug hunter program more or less scheming ways that these can be hacked and patched accordingly. Check out Github and there such a thing you will discover.
Normally I reset my controller, smart controller, and things go back I also delete all of the files on the controller itself and these problems cease till the next occurrence. I've also had my unit what I like to call nerfed where I can't get any speed and have actually had it faster in positioning mode. I've even checked the rpms in sport mode and they will barely be touching yellow. Again all off these problems usually cease after a controller reset is done and sometimes a reflash on the a/c. Everything goes back to normal and it feels like I'm just ripping and getting the full 72km speed. This nerf drags me down to about 50 km per hour and 42 to 50 in positioning mode. Now I've got several units and a couple mavics, also have roughly 2500 to 3000 flights logged between them and roughly 300 plus hours of flight time so these are truly anomoly issues that are happening. Not a weekend flyer here. Thanks for any constructive input. If your here to comment my grammar move on.#getpastit.
2021-6-24
Use props
fansf0a89141
  • >>>
Canada

fansf0a89141 Posted at 6-24 16:22
Normally I reset my controller, smart controller, and things go back I also delete all of the files on the controller itself and these problems cease till the next occurrence. I've also had my unit what I like to call nerfed where I can't get any speed and have actually had it faster in positioning mode. I've even checked the rpms in sport mode and they will barely be touching yellow. Again all off these problems usually cease after a controller reset is done and sometimes a reflash on the a/c. Everything goes back to normal and it feels like I'm just ripping and getting the full 72km speed. This nerf drags me down to about 50 km per hour and 42 to 50 in positioning mode. Now I've got several units and a couple mavics, also have roughly 2500 to 3000 flights logged between them and roughly 300 plus hours of flight time so these are truly anomoly issues that are happening. Not a weekend flyer here. Thanks for any constructive input. If your here to comment my grammar move on.#getpastit.

I also might add the nerfed and camera issues has happened to a few of my units this leading me to believe it is indeed a chunk of software that is somehow being flashed onto the aircraft remotely.  Like I said I've got a hell of a lot of experience over 5 years so I do notice these things. I do not have any third party apps on my device however people where hacking android 7.1 what 6 years ago with security updates, I'm sure it's just as easy now if not without the security updates this is one heavy complaint I have with the smart controller Android has no business being on this type of application. It is way to open sourced for its own good and essentially is going to be the death of android as we know it. That little tweak with an option here in Android is ten more vulnerabilities somewhere else. let alone one that isn't getting security updates. My s20 ultra, just so you know I'm not an apple fan boy, has had 3 security updates in less that time. Imagine an os 6 years old without.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_K7DdpgKi8do9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8083432 ft

United States

I'm having the same problem, even with five bars of reception. https://youtu.be/hp_XSqQc60M

This video was taken with the drone less than two feet from the controller and the shutter refused to release. Very annoying when I use the drone exclusively for work. Please help.
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules