Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Facebook Live • Smart Controller • Not Working
6807 24 2020-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tested going live on FB from their smart controller after the FW update?

I am unable to connect - keeps telling me that I previously logged in from GO4 and goes back to the FB live screen showing that I'm logged in.  I deleted the GO4 app on FB and have tried everything, but cannot get past the Go Live screen.
2020-2-24
Use props
Mell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635922 ft
Estonia

I am unable to get even so fare. When scanning with cellphone the datamatrix code from smart controller then wifi is disconnecting and unable to connect. I don't know what is wrong with that. I tried in different ways. When phone and controller in same wifi. When cellphone is share internet with hotspot. And in 2,4 and 5g. Still unable to get it connected. All firmware's are updated and so on.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that his has caused. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please send us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-2-24
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Refresh the firmware???

That seems to be the DJI standard answer to everything.

Regarding the inability to login to Facebook I reported this very same problem trying in vain to login to YouTube  way back in January 2019 when the SmartController was first released and many times since.

I have been through every software/firmware upgrade since and it still does not work for me.

I have totally given up on DJI ever resolving this particular issue which has plagued me since the very beginning and looks to me like it might be related to OAuth or something similar.

DJI?

-=Glyn=-
2020-2-24
Use props
AerialZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-24 09:31
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that his has caused. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please send us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I've refreshed the firmware several times including a factory reset and fresh install with no change.

Simply stated, when choosing a livestream method from the smart controller and selecting Facebook Live, it prompts me to login.  When I do, it displays my Facebook profile picture accurately...

I then select Go Live, at which point a screen displays that I've previously logged in from GO4.

20200225_105935.jpg

It then takes me back to the previous Go Live screen and I cannot get past this point.

I've deleted the GO4 app on Facebook and tried again - no change.
There is a problem at the interface to Facebook where you can not get past the Go Live prompt on the Smart Controller.
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AerialZ Posted at 2-25 09:09
I've refreshed the firmware several times including a factory reset and fresh install with no change.

Simply stated, when choosing a livestream method from the smart controller and selecting Facebook Live, it prompts me to login.  When I do, it displays my Facebook profile picture accurately...

Did you try to sign out and sign in?
2020-2-26
Use props
Knight81
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same problem. I spent so many hours in it and know I see here that this is a known problem With my mobile phone it works but not with the Smart Controller, and this SC was really expensive. So please check it and fix it DJI!

Also Youtube Streaming is not possible so a main functionality is not given as promised.
2020-3-14
Use props
djiuser_ZswZVkquve22
New

United States

[Image]

I just received my dji mavic zoom and smart controller in the mail yesterday and tried the Facebook live and im getting the same messages you are. Did you figure it out?  Thanks
2020-3-21
Use props
djiuser_ZswZVkquve22
New

United States

[Image]

Did you figure it out? Im getting same messages you are.
2020-3-21
Use props
djiuser_ZswZVkquve22
New

United States

[Image]

Did you figure it out? Im getting same messages you are.
2020-3-21
Use props
Giusav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2720 ft
Italy

I have a same problem
2020-3-23
Use props
Giusav
lvl.1
Italy

2020-3-23
Use props
Giusav
lvl.1
Italy

My friends,
I solved the
problem doing firmware update on smart controller. now works!
2020-3-24
Use props
Giusav
lvl.1
Italy

I had all the problems that you describe! then on the smart controller I found the latest firmware update and installed it. turned off. restarted. I have done the same procedure as ever and new facebook dialog boxes have appeared. after I try to make a video
2020-3-24
Use props
Lenrage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3031145 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same problem for me
2020-3-26
Use props
Josh Wobbles
New

United States

I used to have this issue until I installed google play store and services and the facebook app, now it seems to login seamlessly when it wants to re-authenticate
2020-3-28
Use props
qemboad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293809 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
Had same error, it is not the Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0650 that is the problem, it is the DJOGo4 app, needs to be at least version v.4.3.32

It was not until I reinstalled thee firmware that it found an update of DJI Go4, use menu Apps, and click "DJI Go 4" to see version, but seems like you can't trigger update your self from smartcontroller

"Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the application can't be updated separately, however, you could use external SD card and download the APK via this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support. "

Here is another way to update the "DJI Go 4", from same thread as above, without resetting firmware, have not tested it
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=198789&pid=1985199
2020-3-29
Use props
djiuser_zI1cGWfrAHzL
lvl.3

United States

That is exactly the same problem that  I am having! Thank you so much for posting this picture!!!
2020-4-6
Use props
djiuser_zI1cGWfrAHzL
lvl.3

United States

Same thing here and it's driving me crazy!!!
2020-4-9
Use props
qemboad
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_zI1cGWfrAHzL Posted at 4-9 14:59
Same thing here and it's driving me crazy!!!

update the DJI Go app directly as shown here

"If you update DJI GO 4 directly from the update tab in app or from the update parameters to Smart Controller, you will rarely have the latest version"

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=198789&pid=1985199
2020-4-15
Use props
qemboad
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

qemboad Posted at 4-15 23:42
update the DJI Go app directly as shown here

"If you update DJI GO 4 directly from the update tab in app or from the update parameters to Smart Controller, you will rarely have the latest version"

Direct link to the download of latest version of DJI GO app, that has the bug fix for Facebook stream.

Open this link using Lightning Browser on SmartController, and then update from Downloads folder

https://adhoc.djiservice.org/show_app/AndroidApp/DJIGO4

Or download to usb on desktop, and update on SmartController

2020-4-15
Use props
fans7a11d87c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775 ft
United States

qemboad Posted at 4-15 23:48
Direct link to the download of latest version of DJI GO app, that has the bug fix for Facebook stream.

Open this link using Lightning Browser on SmartController, and then update from Downloads folder

I have been trying to update they go4 app it but it gives me an error message what can i do Donald and I go to install but it does not install
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_3I3WhQ3L0pE4
New

United Kingdom

Giusav Posted at 3-24 00:16
I had all the problems that you describe! then on the smart controller I found the latest firmware update and installed it. turned off. restarted. I have done the same procedure as ever and new facebook dialog boxes have appeared. after I try to make a video

Hi friend,
How did you fix this? Can you please tell me what you pressed on the smart controller to get it to work ?
2020-4-24
Use props
River One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here been awaiting a fix from DJI far too long
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_pb1yTrmFvJc6
lvl.1

United States

Mell Posted at 2020-2-24 07:41
I am unable to get even so fare. When scanning with cellphone the datamatrix code from smart controller then wifi is disconnecting and unable to connect. I don't know what is wrong with that. I tried in different ways. When phone and controller in same wifi. When cellphone is share internet with hotspot. And in 2,4 and 5g. Still unable to get it connected. All firmware's are updated and so on.

What you need to do is go to the lightning browser and type facebook apk, click the link and download accordingly once its on your home screen log into facebook from there then go back to the dji go 4 app and live stream has to be done this way
2022-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules