13459 26 2020-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I'm LAZY!!!  

I used the apps edit feature for the first time this weekend.   I had been loath to do some on my phone (health issues) but the results showed potential.

So, then the app works on Lo Res cached files and saved on device (Android).  Does it alter the original cache file or make a new file?  And can the app be used to edit the Hi Res SD card file?  If so, how?

I'm LAZY!!!  
2020-2-24
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

i tried with original video files just copy them to your phone, the result was totally ugly, so unfortunately it is quite useless to me. App has potential if only the rendered video file is of some quality which is not the case for the moment.
2020-2-24
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

You need to first download the full version of the videos before editing. Either using the app itself and download directly from the drone (but it's very slow) or by separately downloading the files from the SD card and then importing them on your phone. If you want to work with photos or quickshots, the 2nd option is the only one as, for some really strange unknown reason, quickshot videos and photos are not automatically cached by the app, like the normal videos, so there's no way to trigger the download of the full version.
One downside of editing in the app is that you can only export in 1080p for some reason, no 2.7k is available.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The Editor function in DJI Fly is newly designed. "Templates" allows users to import files and use the templates to generate videos easily. "Pro" offers advanced editing functions so that users are free to create what they want. And "Rhythm" allows users to easily cut videos alongside the beats of background music, add video transitions, and align these transitions with the rhythm of the music so that users can create popular videos. However, this will only perfectly work for the cache file and it will generate a new file that was already edited and will still save the original file. Should you have other inquiries or concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your support!
2020-2-24
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

One downside of editing in the app is that you can only export in 1080p for some reason, no 2.7k is available.

this is a shame...  The app should take advantage of the  user selected (higher) resolution in order to be taken seriously.

Also, folks with health issues may find working on a phone or tablet physically harder.
2020-2-26
Use props
djiuser_phgk7cNuQ1id
New

Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-24 09:29
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The Editor function in DJI Fly is newly designed. "Templates" allows users to import files and use the templates to generate videos easily. "Pro" offers advanced editing functions so that users are free to create what they want. And "Rhythm" allows users to easily cut videos alongside the beats of background music, add video transitions, and align these transitions with the rhythm of the music so that users can create popular videos. However, this will only perfectly work for the cache file and it will generate a new file that was already edited and will still save the original file. Should you have other inquiries or concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your support!

Hi,

I can't see the rhythm function?
I'm using DJI Fly on a Android 10 device

Seen screen shot from iPhone, but the left hand menu bar with trim, volume and rhytm do not appear on my app.
2020-4-8
Use props
Spion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376165 ft
Denmark

djiuser_phgk7cNuQ1id Posted at 4-8 20:47
Hi,

I can't see the rhythm function?

Yeah, this seems to be an iOS only feature..

I use a OnePlus 7T Pro, so android, which does not have access to this feature, and I just got my Mini a few days ago.. Sad to learn that the apps can't even do the same things.

I watched a video with a guy who used the Rhythm feature and I thought "cool, I'll have to try that", but noooo..

Let's hope an update will come.
2020-4-17
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Maybe they'll correct it with a software update.
I started a thread in apps asking why or could they make rhythm function available for Androids also .
2020-5-2
Use props
Thaumllman Thilak
New

Germany

Can someone help me here.. I am new to DJI.... I shot few videos and created a movie on the DJI Fly app on my phone.. However, the quality of the downloaded movie is very bad when I put it on YouTube.
Also, the movie is not saved in the SD card… where else will it be saved before I download it on to my phone. ?
2020-6-15
Use props
The Bitless
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495538 ft
Sweden

Conversely, this was a test to gain speed in Premiere. I tried to use cached files to edit in ADOBE Premiere. Same name for them and shut down Premiere and physically replaced the 2.7K files. And unfortunately!
2020-6-15
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They aren't lo-res. They are 1080p. They are fine for social media etc. Facebook caps uploads to 720p for example so even if you have higher quality they will compress it anyway. You can't edit and output 2.7k videos with the fly app though. For social media I use the fly app and it's very easy and fun to use. On Youtube videos I upload I use iMovie on my iMac which is very similar to be honest but can obviously handle upload the full 2.7k media.
2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_J2tCEzu6oE2W
lvl.1
Canada

Can anybody in the whole world answer this question? I’ve asked about 20 different drone “experts” on YouTube, I’ve googled it for days, and still nothing. How do I add my own music to my mavic mini clips in the dji fly app? Is it possible to do that on my phone? Like I want different background music for my videos then what is supplied. And if I can how do I do it? Exactly how? The dji tutorial shows a way but it’s nothing short of useless. Doesn’t wo rk. Also, it doesn’t let me post videos to Instagram. Is that because they’re too long, or no? If anybody can
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_J2tCEzu6oE2W
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_J2tCEzu6oE2W Posted at 7-29 20:44
Can anybody in the whole world answer this question? I’ve asked about 20 different drone “experts” on YouTube, I’ve googled it for days, and still nothing. How do I add my own music to my mavic mini clips in the dji fly app? Is it possible to do that on my phone? Like I want different background music for my videos then what is supplied. And if I can how do I do it? Exactly how? The dji tutorial shows a way but it’s nothing short of useless. Doesn’t wo rk. Also, it doesn’t let me post videos to Instagram. Is that because they’re too long, or no? If anybody can

If anybody could answer that would b great and awesome. The mavic mini has potential to b a great drone, but until that^ question gets answered it’s basically useless cause who wants a video without sound?? It’s boring!
2020-7-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_J2tCEzu6oE2W Posted at 7-29 20:46
If anybody could answer that would b great and awesome. The mavic mini has potential to b a great drone, but until that^ question gets answered it’s basically useless cause who wants a video without sound?? It’s boring!

I agree. I tried to get some advice about editing video last week here and got ignored. I am beginning to think the think tank here is running on empty and we will have to figure it out ourselves.

I was using the free PC program HitFilm Express. It does a decent job of editing and adding any audio file. But YouTube mistook it for a file with a 4k resolution, which was not the case. So I have to tell viewers to switch down to 1440 res. Bad workaround. The original 2.7k video plays fine on Youtube but just not the edited version.
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_J2tCEzu6oE2W
lvl.1
Canada

Why does it say “NOT SUPPORT” when I try to post videos on Instagram from the dji fly app??
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_9AOfsBz33MMR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

Once you have chosen your video just click the scissors in but time right corner to edit. Then click on the little music icon on the right side. Where there is all those sound files look to the far left.  Select the “Local”  tab and Add your own music that’s on your iPhone. Or Android I would assume. Hope this helps.
F6F01097-89C7-4B2A-98B0-17F69B121DE3.jpeg
2020-8-10
Use props
tiim
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_9AOfsBz33MMR Posted at 8-10 18:07
Once you have chosen your video just click the scissors in but time right corner to edit. Then click on the little music icon on the right side. Where there is all those sound files look to the far left.  Select the “Local”  tab and Add your own music that’s on your iPhone. Or Android I would assume. Hope this helps.

Except, for Android users, no matter which file you select you get an error message saying "Incorrect audio format" or "audio format not recognized" or something similar.

DJI Android:

1. FIX the audio import issue
2. Bug in "pro" mode title input (on my Galaxy Note 10+) you cannot click the "check mark" to apply any title, it is covered by the system menu popup, which does not appear anywhere else in the app. Maybe because a Samsung Keyboard is invoked?
3. Add the ability to change a clip's start/stop locations AFTER you cut it on the timeline (non-destructive edit)
4. Full resolution export would be awesome, but I see the limits placed on space available on your phone. not much a problem for the Mini (2.7k) crowd with a gigabyte of space, however.

Pretty nice little app.

Thanks!

2020-9-15
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

tiim Posted at 9-15 10:04
Except, for Android users, no matter which file you select you get an error message saying "Incorrect audio format" or "audio format not recognized" or something similar.

DJI Android:

It works for me. I use Huawei P30 lite and You have to import as written above, but from "local music" not from "file browser".
That's it.
2020-9-16
Use props
DavidBlezard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387776 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-24 09:29

Can I change the themes to display English words?  Can I edit the words?
2020-9-16
Use props
Drewsamm
lvl.2

China

Ice_2k Posted at 2-24 06:24
You need to first download the full version of the videos before editing. Either using the app itself and download directly from the drone (but it's very slow) or by separately downloading the files from the SD card and then importing them on your phone. If you want to work with photos or quickshots, the 2nd option is the only one as, for some really strange unknown reason, quickshot videos and photos are not automatically cached by the app, like the normal videos, so there's no way to trigger the download of the full version.
One downside of editing in the app is that you can only export in 1080p for some reason, no 2.7k is available.

Thanks for help!
2020-10-28
Use props
djiuser_TePGZaiBufO7
New
Pakistan

Yes it is very much possible. You have to import audio file in the dji fly app.
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_TePGZaiBufO7
New
Pakistan

I have a question... why does dji fly app exports two videos of quick shots? Is there any difference in them? Do i need to be concerned regarding the quality of two videos? Why does it keep happening
2020-11-24
Use props
Aritra
New

United States

Hello All,

I am using the iphone X with IOS 14.4.2.. Today morning my DJI Fly app got updated..after that i am unable to use the in-built template that is provided in the DJI Fly app.

It asks me to download the template and when i click download after sometime it gives me a message 'Download Failed'..is anybody facing the same issue. Please assist if there is any suggestion.
i tried to un-install and re-install DJI Flyapp but no luck. I use Mavic 2
2021-4-15
Use props
Gielissen Roel
lvl.1

Belgium

Hallo, ik heb problemen met het bewerken van foto en video. In het begin werkte het wel en nu nietmeer. Als ik nu een video bewerk kan ik de brightness en de tone niet meer aanpassen..deze optie lijkt van het scherm verdwenen....HELP AUB. Ook gaat mijn scherm noor portrait mode als ik bewerk, niet in landscape mode...hoe kan ik dit veranderen?
2021-4-18
Use props
Nelson M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5906 ft
United States

Aritra Posted at 4-15 17:39
Hello All,

I am using the iphone X with IOS 14.4.2.. Today morning my DJI Fly app got updated..after that i am unable to use the in-built template that is provided in the DJI Fly app.

having same problem with IPhone 12 PRO Max anyone know of a fix
2021-10-28
Use props
djiuser_hMqJ6CoW96wM
New

United States

djiuser_9AOfsBz33MMR Posted at 2020-8-10 18:07
Once you have chosen your video just click the scissors in but time right corner to edit. Then click on the little music icon on the right side. Where there is all those sound files look to the far left.  Select the “Local”  tab and Add your own music that’s on your iPhone. Or Android I would assume. Hope this helps.

The "scissors" are not there in my app.  I'm on an iPhone 13 pro and everything else seems to be there...but not the scissors.  Please advise.  Thanks in advance.
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_yxLJhPTNLgTA
New
Flight distance : 34419 ft

Zambia

hi guys, doesn't anyone know how it fixed the exporting problem ?  I can't "generate the video after I finish editing
2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules