Phantom 3 Standard Will Not Link
1390 9 2020-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oroku Sake
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone. I’ve searched the forums and all throughout google and I  can find close matches but nothing to answer my specific question so  I’m coming to the experts.

I traded video work for a Phantom 3 standard. I used it a few times and  it worked fine. Eventually I started getting the “connect your aircraft”  message when trying to use it. I would turn everything off and back on  again and it would usually work.

Eventually resetting everything stopped working and now no matter what I  try I still get the “connect your aircraft” message. The light on the RC Controller is red. The link light is green unless I try the "Link RC" option (it flashes red and times out if I do this). At the end closest to the battery, the lights under the  aircraft propellers are flashing yellow, and  solid red for the other end.

So far I’ve:
1. Tried the DJI Go app from multiple phones
2. Updated the app
3. Tried to update firmware via mobile software, but there is no option to do so within the app
4. Tried to update firmware by putting it on a micro SD card, but the update never started
5. Tried a cord instead of wireless from my controller to my phone
6. Tried the “Link RC option, but it just times out without ever doing anything.
This option used to work for me but one day it suddenly quit.

7. Tried the manual link option. Did not work either.

So to boil this all down I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have any other ideas to try?

2. If this is a hardware failure what do I need to replace? The controller? The camera? The entire aircraft?

At this point I'm tired of trying to trouble shoot and I want to just buy a replacement part but I dont know what exactly to buy because I don't know where the problem lies. I’m considering buying a phantom 3 with no battery, controller, or  camera and transferring those parts from the one I have now to the new one, but I’m afraid this won’t fix the issue if its related to something else instead of the actual aircraft. Is the problem most likely with the aircraft? RC Controller? another component? Any help  would be greatly appreciated.
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash prior from getting this issue? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like you've done everything that I would have done.  Maybe try updating again.  It should be happening if it wasn't current.

2020-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The yellow flashing in the tail … if it's slow flashing yellow, it's telling you it has less than 6 sats (ATTI mode), if it's fast flashing yellow, it's telling you it does not sense an RC control signal.  Sounds like the latter, right?

So I would go through the procedure of linking the aircraft to your controller.  See your manual.  You've read your manual, right?  See page 24.  We're talking about linking the 5.8 ghz control signal and the drone.  This doesn't have anything to do with your wifi signal, so ignore the go app, the tablet, and all that.  You will need a long thin tool such as a hex driver to fit up into the hole on the AC to gently press the linking button inside the drone, hold it in for a couple secs, then release.  When successfully linked, the quick yellow flashing from the rear wings should change to something else.  

After you do that and the control signal is successfully linked, we can see about solving other problems.  

Disclaimer:  I don't own a P3S  :-)  

Good luck
2020-2-25
Use props
Oroku Sake
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-25 14:48
The yellow flashing in the tail … if it's slow flashing yellow, it's telling you it has less than 6 sats (ATTI mode), if it's fast flashing yellow, it's telling you it does not sense an RC control signal.  Sounds like the latter, right?

So I would go through the procedure of linking the aircraft to your controller.  See your manual.  You've read your manual, right?  See page 24.  We're talking about linking the 5.8 ghz control signal and the drone.  This doesn't have anything to do with your wifi signal, so ignore the go app, the tablet, and all that.  You will need a long thin tool such as a hex driver to fit up into the hole on the AC to gently press the linking button inside the drone, hold it in for a couple secs, then release.  When successfully linked, the quick yellow flashing from the rear wings should change to something else.  

Yeah, the manual link. I've already tried it and it didn't work unfortunately. Do you have any idea if there is a way to tell if the problem is originating from the aircraft or the controller? I really just want to buy a replacement part(s) and move on. I'm kinda over trying to troubleshoot it.
2020-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I don't suppose you're in the DC Baltimore area.  
2020-2-26
Use props
Oroku Sake
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-26 07:58
I don't suppose you're in the DC Baltimore area.

Unfortunately not. But I’d almost be willing to make the trip to figure out what the hell is wrong with this thing lol
2020-2-26
Use props
Oroku Sake
lvl.1

United States

Ok guys if you HAD to guess, do you think the problem is more likely with the aircraft or rc controller?
2020-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

It's difficult to answer from the info given.  

All you've said regarding page 24 is you tried it and it didn't work.  What exactly happened?  Are you absolutely sure you did everything correctly and in the right order?  Did you power the equipment up in the right order and at the right time?  Are you sure you moved the dial all the way to the left?  Did you hold it there?  Are you sure you know which switch is the S2 switch?  Are you sure you flicked the S2 switch quickly enough?  Did you eventually hear a pulsating beeping from the controller?  etc etc etc
2020-2-26
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

How did you power up yor P3S system?  First power up yorur RC then the AC and the mobile. The RC is the router in that system. Then have a look to the statu LED on the RC. The mobile will find the SSID of the RC via WIFI named as Phantom_3 xxxxx or same.
2020-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules