12Next >
24930 62 2020-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Ok guys i wondered why my dji fly app that i use with the mavic mini is so large in size.

I have no media in the app at all but still takes up 2.6 gig of space on my iphone XR?

Any ideas why ?

2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a screenshot of the DJI Fly application consuming 2.6GB of file size. I will forward this information/thread to our designated DJI department for further clarifcation. Thank you.
2020-2-25
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

CCleaner in my S10+ reports 353Mb for the app, 217Mb for data and 6Mb for cache (576Mb total).
2020-2-26
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Try Profile -> Settings -> Clear Cache. You have there Video Cache, WebPage Cache, Flight Records Cache. See which one is eating up the space.
2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

i will get some pics up now
2020-2-26
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-25 16:17
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a screenshot of the DJI Fly application consuming 2.6GB of file size. I will forward this information/thread to our designated DJI department for further clarifcation. Thank you.

I may have spoke too soon with respect to clearing the cache... i did the clear video cache from the app but iOS is still reporting the app using *a lot* of space

2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 2-26 01:08
Try Profile -> Settings -> Clear Cache. You have there Video Cache, WebPage Cache, Flight Records Cache. See which one is eating up the space.

Its the first thing i checked

2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-25 16:17

Can i leave it in your capable hands to help me reason why thae app is so big ?

2020-2-26
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
Hong Kong

I was also at 2Ggb. That’s a good info.. Thanks
2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JeromeM Posted at 2-26 01:18
I was also at 2Ggb. That’s a good info.. Thanks

and how did you deal with the issue? thats massive for a app on the phone.
2020-2-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I wondered too if deleting all the data would have  negative effect or not...
2020-2-26
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

Yes, I have DJI Go 4 for the Mavic Air since October. Never clean before.... I already got the message Video Cache full..
I was searching in the app and not in the setting of the app.
That's easy to clean. Just be aware in the “Editor” you will not find anymore the video or picture.
2020-2-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mockingbird_71 Posted at 2-26 01:15
Can i leave it in your capable hands to help me reason why thae app is so big ?

Thank you for these update. I will forward these information to our designated DJI support team to further clarify these matter. Thank you.
2020-2-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ice_2k Posted at 2-26 01:12
I may have spoke too soon with respect to clearing the cache... i did the clear video cache from the app but iOS is still reporting the app using *a lot* of space

[view_image]

Thank you for providing additional details regarding this matter. I will forward these information to our designated DJI support team for further clarification. Thank you.
2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-26 08:30
Thank you for providing additional details regarding this matter. I will forward these information to our designated DJI support team for further clarification. Thank you.

much appreciated and look forward to the resolution coming back on this matter
2020-2-26
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-26 08:30

Correction: it cleared up eventually, I think it took a while for iOS to re-measure the app after clearing the cache.
2020-2-26
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Clear your cache.
2020-2-26
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

Thanks for point that out but Fly is less of a worry than DJI Go 4. I'm approaching 11 GB on my iPhone 11 and I don't fly that much from my phone. I need to check my iPad.

2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

right gents

the thread that was started by me was to identify a potential issue with the fly app that is used for the mavic mini!

the go app is not the same totally different so sugest if you have a similar problem start another thread and dont hijack this one!

if in doubt read the title. and i quote 'DJI fly app Massive application' I am not intrested in any other app!
2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If thats remark is directed at me then if you read my post you can see the cache is completely empty
2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If thats remark is directed at me then if you read my post you can see the cache is completely empty. Thanks to the other posters who actually tried to keep it on topic !
2020-2-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mockingbird_71 Posted at 2-26 10:45
much appreciated and look forward to the resolution coming back on this matter

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-26 15:04
You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.

Thank you ! just to reitterate this is about the dji fly app used with the mavic mini not any other software that has been mentioned in this thread.
2020-2-26
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 2-26 14:56
If thats remark is directed at me then if you read my post you can see the cache is completely empty. Thanks to the other posters who actually tried to keep it on topic !

What do you think is taking all the space? Lol. Go to settings in the fly app it tells you exactly what and how much data is being used and also allows you to clear it there.
2020-2-26
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

mockingbird_71 Posted at 2-26 14:54
right gents

the thread that was started by me was to identify a potential issue with the fly app that is used for the mavic mini!

Relax dude - no one is hijacking your thread.  i don't have a storage issue because I have 256 GB to play with.  However, I didn't realize these apps were such storage hogs.  I took a look at the Fly app and if you go to "Album" on the home screen, try deleting any stored videos and photos.  I deleted all of my videos and the app dropped from 3GB down to 1GB.  Still seems like a lot but much better.   Cheers!
2020-2-26
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

end up i delete and reinstall then the DJi Fly app size back to normal..
2020-2-26
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Occams Razor Posted at 2-26 18:16
Relax dude - no one is hijacking your thread.  i don't have a storage issue because I have 256 GB to play with.  However, I didn't realize these apps were such storage hogs.  I took a look at the Fly app and if you go to "Album" on the home screen, try deleting any stored videos and photos.  I deleted all of my videos and the app dropped from 3GB down to 1GB.  Still seems like a lot but much better.   Cheers!

members of this forum cant help themsleves posting up totally irrelevant information. The size of the phone isnt the issue its the size  of the application that is sat on the phone. i found it strange how people started posting pictures up of the go 4 app which has nothing to do with the original post. jog on
2020-2-27
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

deathsquad Posted at 2-26 16:33
What do you think is taking all the space? Lol. Go to settings in the fly app it tells you exactly what and how much data is being used and also allows you to clear it there.

And if you looked at my original post you can see ive already cleared the cache in settings? did you bother to look? no i didnt think so.
2020-2-27
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jim_H Posted at 2-26 19:47
end up i delete and reinstall then the DJi Fly app size back to normal..

finally a post on topic. cheers jim will try this again although ive deleted and re downloaded the app 3 times and the same happens again?
2020-2-27
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 2-27 00:26
finally a post on topic. cheers jim will try this again although ive deleted and re downloaded the app 3 times and the same happens again?

oh I am using iOS by the way, and then also do check the DJI Fly app's creator, the portion of the app where you can combine the recorded videos, sometimes there's draft files there, i also remove that to get back my storage space...
2020-2-27
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Interesting...  DJI Fly on my iPhone only takes 270MB, 220 for the app and 50 for the data (as reported by iOS). From within DJI Fly, I only see 16MB used for the Flight Records. Since you already cleared the various caches from the app, maybe you can try a couple things (first two have near-zero chance of success, but you never know):
- close the app completely (double-click on Home Button, then swipe up to close an app) then re-open it
- turn off the phone and back on
- open the Files app and browse the DJI Fly folder structure to see if you find something

EDIT: I also see that you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Try uninstalling it one more time, then open the Files app and make sure there is no DJI Fly folder there. If it's there, see if you can delete it. Then reinstall DJI Fly.
2020-2-27
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 2-27 00:24
And if you looked at my original post you can see ive already cleared the cache in settings? did you bother to look? no i didnt think so.

Turn your device on and off. It's probably something to do with your device if you have cleared the cache and it still says it's using the space.
2020-3-1
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

To the OP: did you get this resolved? If yes please share, so others can benefit from your experience.
2020-3-5
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 3-5 07:46
To the OP: did you get this resolved? If yes please share, so others can benefit from your experience.

Dji have yet to respond ! So no news !
2020-3-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-5 10:21

Youre going to wait some then mate!! Hope you get this resolved though
2020-3-5
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 3-5 10:36
Youre going to wait some then mate!! Hope you get this resolved though

I’m in no rush I’m waiting for tech to sort out another compatibility issue with another piece of software too ! Gives them something to do ! In the meantime I will be out flying
2020-3-5
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-5 10:21

Have you tried what I suggested in my previous post?
2020-3-5
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 3-5 18:37
Have you tried what I suggested in my previous post?

Sorted the issue myself ! reinstalled it a few times now seems to work without a massive data and file allocation in the iphones memory. so all now sorted thanks for the input everyone youve been great
2020-3-11
Use props
Drone Diver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11982 ft
Japan

Cache is a bit big. You been recording and not clearing?
2020-3-12
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Drone Diver Posted at 3-12 01:33
Cache is a bit big. You been recording and not clearing?

Thats what i thought at the beggining and do clear the cache when ive been flying during the day? now ive opted for no video cache at all flown twice with no issues! and the application remains around 250/300 meg? all i can do now is see if it remains the same?
2020-3-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules