New Frimware cannot get LB app to switch to HD-Gimbal
1399 8 2014-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

Hello

I have just recevied an S900 with GH4 gimbal and the Lightbridge.  Upon receiving I was not getting a video signal on my ipad LB applicaiton.  I found that I need to switch the app to HD-gimbal but it keeps failing.  So I have restarted the heli, application, transmitter, ground station etc over and over and over.  And I have only be able to get it to switch it to HD-Gimbal twice.  And once you switch it and then power the unit off it goes back and you have to go through it over and over again.   But it appears that there is a bug in the LB firmware that keeps failing to allow you to switch.  Now this only seems to occur with the latest LB firmware updates.  

DJI can you please address this asap.  I have heard from my dealer and others that this is an issue!  We need an immediate fix.  

Feel free to PM here for my infomation if needed but I am desprate to hear how/when we can get this resolved.

There have been nothing but issues with every update I have done on this LB unit

Regards,

Mike

2014-11-17
Use props
shawn
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Are you sure you have a connection between your ground and air unit? Make sure that the green led light to the left of the battery indicator is solid green and not flashing. Also some iPad's have issues with lightbridge so try using an iPhone if you have one available.
2014-11-17
Use props
DJI-擎天柱
lvl.2

China

Hey Mike, try Shawn's input first
2014-11-17
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

DJI-擎天柱 Posted at 2014-11-18 15:47

yes got a solid green on the connection on the air portion of the lb.
2014-11-18
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

DJI-擎天柱 Posted at 2014-11-18 15:47

2014-11-18
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

2014-11-18
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

I have three lb and it appears only after the lastest update this happens.  one of the others is on a phantom and is not an issue as it uses the hdmi in on lb and the other is a canon 5d mark III that I will be testing this week that does not have the latest firmware and I will post back when done.

sorry for the multiple post above my browser wan't showing it posting so I hit it twice. LOL!
2014-11-18
Use props
cates.mj.gmail
lvl.1
United States

I tired that but the only way to get it to switch on this unit was to use a Samsung s4 phone and the app and then it switched to hd-gimbal.  But on my s1000 same setup just the cannon 5d hd gimbal and it will not change to hd-gimbal.   SAME VERSIONS on both Lightbridge's.  Hysterical!  Cost me $150 just to get a phone to do that switch..

If that isn't the cats meow - now you update your gimbals and they all go haywire and report being BMPC Gimbals.  No way to downgrade, no response, nor urgency from DJI.  My next purchases will not be dji products.  

Looking at alternatives just isn't worth being treated like this from DJI.  They just don't care about support only SALES and it shows.  They are the leader is selling as you have to continue to buy from them just to make what you have work...  LOL

I keep you up to date.  going to do some more test.  But it appears you have to have a Samsung phone just to switch HD mode for the Lightbridge.  
2015-8-11
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Except the HD-Gimbal on your ipad, can you switch any other settings? What's the version of your ipad?
2015-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules