I lost mavic air on its " return home"
691 15 2020-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavairCQP
lvl.2
United States

Hello,
I have just lost my mavic air and would appreciate it if anyone has any tips about figuring out what happened.
It was flying “return home” and next thing I know I my screen went black and that I lost connection. I pressed the Home button, but nothing happened. I have look the flight log and it seems that it stopped in the middle of the flight. I did combed the area but no lucks.
I’m really devastated having with me for the vacation and only had it for not even 3 years. If anyone can help me understand how I lost it, it would give me a closure.
Will DJI replace the lost drone?
Many thanks!

2020-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have just lost my mavic air and would appreciate it if anyone has any tips about figuring out what happened.
It was flying “return home” and next thing I know I my screen went black and that I lost connection. I pressed the Home button, but nothing happened. I have look the flight log and it seems that it stopped in the middle of the flight.

The usual causes for a failure to return home are:
WInd too strong for the drone to fly against
Obstacles on the return path
Insufficient battery

Yours might have been one of those or something else.
But without data, noone can tell what happened.
Post that flight data for some experienced eyes to go over and the mystery might be solved.

2020-2-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and thank you for sharing your informative insights on what happened. I would recommend for you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter.  Please note that DJI will not be able to perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period of the drone. Otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your valued support.
2020-2-27
Use props
MavairCQP
lvl.2
United States

I have check: there was no strong wind, over 250 ft ( higher than tallest building, I was awared of the bat, it was less than 1km so I was sure no problem with battery unless the bat sudden shut off, Thanks for respond,  how do I upload the flight log for the expert to check and tell me what happen, Thanks
2020-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

MavairCQP Posted at 2-27 17:54
I have check: there was no strong wind, over 250 ft ( higher than tallest building, I was awared of the bat, it was less than 1km so I was sure no problem with battery unless the bat sudden shut off, Thanks for respond,  how do I upload the flight log for the expert to check and tell me what happen, Thanks

Check this link:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
You'll find instructions there.
Then come back and post a link to the report it provides.
2020-2-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"It was flying “return home” and next thing I know I my screen went black and that I lost connection. I pressed the Home button, but nothing happened. I have look the flight log and it seems that it stopped in the middle of the flight."

It is possible, if you pressed the Home button as you said, that you cancelled Return To Home, and if it appeared to stop, then it would have hovered in that place until the battery got low then landed where it was.
2020-2-27
Use props
MavairCQP
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-27 20:07
Check this link:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
You'll find instructions there.

it's possible, I did not remember if I re enter the return home again, but the screen was black out..
Here I am uploading the flight log, please help to point out what was wrong.
Thanks
https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/ ... eign-country/4469/9
2020-2-27
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

yeah, my guess is that pressing the home button again when it reconnected cancelled the RTH, it more than likely hovered where it was after you hit the button and auto landed when it got to critical battery level, logs will show the truth most likely,
2020-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

MavairCQP Posted at 2-27 21:40
it's possible, I did not remember if I re enter the return home again, but the screen was black out..
Here I am uploading the flight log, please help to point out what was wrong.
Thanks

Until we can see your flight data, no-one can tell what happened to help you.

Upload your data as perthe instructions at the site I gave you.
That will give you a report.
Copy the link for that report and paste it back here.
2020-2-28
Use props
MavairCQP
lvl.2
United States

Hi Labroides, here is the link : https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/M9WTJ24EHKQIIRP53HDX/
2020-2-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

It was flying “return home” and next thing I know I my screen went black and that I lost connection. I pressed the Home button, but nothing happened. I have look the flight log and it seems that it stopped in the middle of the flight. I did combed the area but no lucks.
The flight started with a fully charged battery and went normally.
You initiated RTH at 12:52.5 with the drone 554 metres away and 77 metres high.
At 13:04 the flight data ends with the Mini flying toward home at 8 metres/sec and 77 metres up and still 487 metres from home.
The problem we have is that the data just stops when you lost connection which leaves us with only some of the information that would be needed to properly identify the issue.
However it does help to eliminate some potential causes.

The terrain is flat with no obstacles along the RTH path at 77 metres altitude.
RTH commenced and the Mini was making headway towards home at 8 metres/sec.
This eliminates a headwind as a potential cause of failure to return home.
The last data shows the Mini in stable flight with no evidence of a collision with an obstacle.

It was at 26% when the data ends and burning battery at about 1% = 11 seconds
If it continued flying toward home it would have reached home before getting to critical low battery level even though there would not have been a comfortable safety margin.

RTH should continue even if the control signal is disconnected.
Pressing the Home button could cancel RTH, but only if there was still a control signal connection.
But if there was still a signal connection, we would expect to still see flight data.

There is a slim chance that you had only lost the downlink but still had uplink.
That would have allowed the RTH to be cancelled and the drone would have hovered, but it would be unusual for you not to be able to reconnect.
If that did happen, the place to search would be near 12.24733   109.18142
Here .....

V1.jpg
2020-2-28
Use props
MavairCQP
lvl.2
United States

Thank you, I am back in state now, I will contact people to look for the drone at the coordinate of , thanks for your help
2020-2-29
Use props
Blake Wubwub
New

United States

Hello, i am posting on here because apparently i cannot make my own thread. However my drone recently flew right into a building after clicking RETURN TO HOME. What happened is: I flew the drone.. manually brought it to hover 4 feet above the HOME landing station. I clicked RETURN TO HOME and then the drone shot up 80 feet into the air and went about 20 or 30 feet forward (away from home) into a building and fell. Do you think this is covered by DJI warranty?
2020-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Blake Wubwub Posted at 3-12 10:21
Hello, i am posting on here because apparently i cannot make my own thread. However my drone recently flew right into a building after clicking RETURN TO HOME. What happened is: I flew the drone.. manually brought it to hover 4 feet above the HOME landing station. I clicked RETURN TO HOME and then the drone shot up 80 feet into the air and went about 20 or 30 feet forward (away from home) into a building and fell. Do you think this is covered by DJI warranty?

Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident. With regards to this concern. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team to start up a ticket to further investigate the cause of the crash. Please note that DJI will not be able to perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period of the drone. Otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your valued support.
2020-3-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello, i am posting on here because apparently i cannot make my own thread. However my drone recently flew right into a building after clicking RETURN TO HOME. What happened is: I flew the drone.. manually brought it to hover 4 feet above the HOME landing station. I clicked RETURN TO HOME and then the drone shot up 80 feet into the air and went about 20 or 30 feet forward (away from home) into a building and fell. Do you think this is covered by DJI warranty?

Hi Blake,

Sorry for your loss, if you like post your flightlog on here using this
link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Log will explain what happend to your drone.

cheers
JJB
2020-3-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

We'll be able to see what happened when you post flight data.
One possible explanation might be launching without waiting for a homepoint to be recorded, which would mean that when the homepoint was recorded, it was well away from where you launched.
Perhaps it was something else?
We'd need data to check.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules