607 8 2020-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc4a0c574
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
New Zealand

Hi Guys,
Just noticed that I got some strange red flashes in the video recording. Clearly visible at 23, 32 and 52 seconds. Any idea why?

Thanks for any help.

2020-2-27
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

There are "ghosts" - the sun illuminates the camera lens at a certain angle
2020-2-27
Use props
fansc4a0c574
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
New Zealand

Thanks much
2020-2-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 2-27 22:32
There are "ghosts" - the sun illuminates the camera lens at a certain angle

I agree with the sun illuminating the camera.
2020-2-27
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

In other cases where those shades are cast in more pointy dots around the picture some suggested it is the single photo filter tabs (e.g, in a Bayer filter) bouncing off the scattered parasitic light coming from the lens elements.

To be brutally honest I see other things in those beautiful pictures... they smell of ignored Strong Wind Warning, land immediately and ESC Not Enough Force errors... MM is a beast making all of that to appear stable.

I really wouldn't like to know your bird was carried away or dropped into the water before you could share some more beautiful pictures.
2020-2-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Those are simply lens flare, caused by shooting towards the sun.
2020-2-28
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Geebax Posted at 2-28 01:39
Those are simply lens flare, caused by shooting towards the sun.

And you can use them for some nice natural "video effects"
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. After watching the video you have posted. It looks like that there are lens flares that you have captured while filming. Lens flare is completely normal and expected. However, lens flare can be made worse by using cheaper filters and not keeping your lens clean. In addition condensation on the drone's lens can also make lens flare especially troublesome. It is best to keep the sun at the back of your drone while filming on sunny days. Thank you.
2020-2-28
Use props
Pipistrello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 670381 ft
Italy

m80116 Posted at 2-28 01:26
In other cases where those shades are cast in more pointy dots around the picture some suggested it is the single photo filter tabs (e.g, in a Bayer filter) bouncing off the scattered parasitic light coming from the lens elements.

To be brutally honest I see other things in those beautiful pictures... they smell of ignored Strong Wind Warning, land immediately and ESC Not Enough Force errors... MM is a beast making all of that to appear stable.

I totally agree, those trees are yelling: "please, land immediately"!
2020-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules