Mini controller is adjusting the yaw
2521 16 2020-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
p1hill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349846 ft
United States

This just started today; I had the Mini up and suddenly the gimbal wheel was adjusting both the camera AND rapidly moving the yaw. I charged the controller and the same thing happened again on two more flights. I'm stumped!
Has anyone encountered this?

-thanks
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day p1hill. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini and please calibrate both the IMU and the compass of the said drone for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, please try to fly the said drone to a different location with less interference. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-29
Use props
p1hill
lvl.2
United States

Okay thanks Stephen. I'll run through your suggestions and let you know what happens.
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome p1hill. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-3-1
Use props
p1hill
lvl.2
United States

Okay, I re-calibrated everything and have the latest firmware. It's still doing it.  The drone yaws left randomly. Then, left yaw when tilting the camera down, and right yaw when tilting the camera upwards.
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10802589 ft
Bulgaria

p1hill Posted at 4-13 15:29
Okay, I re-calibrated everything and have the latest firmware. It's still doing it.  The drone yaws left randomly. Then, left yaw when tilting the camera down, and right yaw when tilting the camera upwards.

My Mavic Mini does very similar stuff hey, yaws all alone!!! It happens about 3 times per flight I think! I gets me very scared as I don't wanna lose my Mavic Mini!

Should I return it to be changed via its warranty!?

I really really don't wanna have to send it back...

I hope someone figures this out and shares what's happening here..

2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 10:48
You are very much welcome p1hill. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

I just got my Mavic Mini back from DJI Care Refresh because it had a problem with its gimbal. Now this new one seems to have developed a problem!!!

It yaws to the left and right all alone, no idea why! I checked the logs, there was no wind at all, no controller input and yet the Mini yaws to the left it prefers, but today it did to the right also!

I'm gonna try to recalibrate everything again, but if this happens again and again, I'm not sure about my Mavic Mini anymore..

So what could he causing my Mini to be yawning all by itself!?
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I have exactly the same problem, how did you fix it!?
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I honestly can't believe this hey!!! DJI, please assist me with this! My Mavic Mini turns left while in flight and while it turns left the camera tilts down!

I actually tried to turn the gimbal wheel when the drone is like this, and the wheel turns the actual drone, it yaws it! I tried to calibrate everything and it's still doing it!

I can't believe it starts to turn just by using the gimbal wheel, and then when I try turn with the stick the gimbal wheel becomes normal and the drone becomes normal. Then I fly some more and all of the sudden again it yaws to the left and while yawning left camera pans down! It yaws about 40 to 50 degrees I think when it does it all by itself. Else when I take control of the yawning with thr gimbal wheel I can turn the whole drone left full 360 and then right full 360 it's like the gimbal becomes the yaw of the drone! Then I yaw using the stick and the gimbal fixes.

It started about 3 days ago, but now I feel scare to fly it....

So sad...

2020-10-12
Use props
p1hill
lvl.2
United States

I haven't found a fix and nothing yet from DJI.  This is a real drag when you're filming and suddenly the drone starts spinning!
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI please help us on this issue, please! Before I realized what was going on I thought that the Mini was begging to power down or something initially because mine was always turning left all at any random time! I already have videos of how I control my Mini's yaw and turn it while simultaneously panning the camera up or down!

Today I had a short flight of about 10 minutes or so and it happened at the end, on its way down! The only thing I was doing was coming down full speed in S mode and then it just yaws to the right this time and camera tiks up a bit!

I think it depends on the gimbal degrees hey!! If the camera is at 0 degrees then this should not happen at al! Or there should be some degree point that is neutral I mean. Because I think that if you last tilted the camera down then whenever the time comes and it does its lil turn it will be to the left because the camera was panned down. It you then pan the camera up that up movement of the gimbal wheel translates to right yaw!!!
2020-10-13
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

p1hill Posted at 10-12 18:15
I haven't found a fix and nothing yet from DJI.  This is a real drag when you're filming and suddenly the drone starts spinning!

Hello there...

Last time when I spoke to DJI when I had some problems with my last Mavic Mini, which I returned and used my Care Refresh, they told me to use the DJI Assistant 2 and Refresh the Mini's firmware! Then after that to recalibrate everything, IMU & compass, also RC controller. Even relink the craft to the controller!

So I did all these yesterday, I basically Refreshed the Mini's firmware and recalibrated everything possible to calibrate!

Somehow, not sure how, but now my Mavic Mini seems fixed!!! At least for now, I've had 2 flights with it today and I was testing it thoroughly and the Mini performed absolutely perfectly!!!

So I'll report again if it starts to turn/yaw by itself and if the gimbal wheel starts to control the turning as well as the camera tilt then I'll report back here for sure!

But after I Refreshed the firmware twice, yeah I know I decided to do it twice, and I did! Then I calibrated everything, IMU and Compass and my Mini was flying perfectly!!!
2020-10-14
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Hello, yes this is currently happening to me! Exactly as you describe it! I already refreshed my Mini's firmware and it seemed the problem went away for 3 or 4 weeks and now again its started doing it! I wish DJI can tell us a proper resolution for this issue.
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Yeah, so I had about a month of ok flying after I refreshed the Firmware, where there were these two times that I though it was doing it again but it was very quick and sudden and it lasted a very very short time, that's why I can't be sure if it was doing it again or if I actually controlled the Mini to do that movement.

Anyway, I was thinking that it may have something to do with using the gimbal wheel while the drone is moving(forwards, backwards, sideways it don't matter) - but of course that just me thinking out loud.

I just Refreshed the Mini's Firmware again and now waiting for it charge and will test it again after that. Hopefully its all good.

I fly about 1km away over Sofia city and it really scares me that the Mini can sometimes be disobedient!

Hopefully DJI will actually recognize this issue else I'll make a video about it and send it to them. I'll probably upload it to YouTube also, maybe other's are experiencing this problem also.
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Hello everyone!!!

I have good news for us all with this gimbal wheel drone yaw/turn problem! I actually fixed mine, and it does not do that anymore at all!!!

After I refreshed the firmware and recalibration of absolutely everything possible, even re-link to drone and use a different latest version of the Fly App nothing was able to fix this issue!

The one time I thought that Refreshing the firmware helped but I was just lucky for a couple of flights and that's why I thought Refreshing the firmware helps!

It all started with me seeing what actually happens when I hold the gimbal wheel all the way to it limit, full turn as much as possible, and then I just watched the Mini do a few left turns in the air while the camera was panning down. Then I did the same panning the camera up and so rotating the drone right. Watched it do about 3 or 4 full turns until the camera reached the +20 degrees limit! To be continued...
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

...continuation...

So when I kept turning the dronevia the gimbal wheel (either way) even after it had reached its limit (up or down) panning the camera I noticed that the drone would continue turning! I could have it do 1000 turns just via the gimbal wheel! But when I was doing just that, I noticed that the Mini's yaw speed started changing, going slower and then faster again,abd then it  would just stop all by itself!

That made me realize that it's probably dust and some tiny particles giving a type of short circuit inside, shorting the gimbal wheel with the yaw control! I wasn't sure about that, and so while I got my Mini to turn with the gimbal wheel all I did was to BLOW hard a few times in and around the gimbal wheel! That immediately fixed the problem!!

I was shocked and so happy that I finally figured it out hey.. So I haven't opened my controller because I'm scars that I'll mess up the guarantee even though it's already almost over its period. So in the end good news!!!
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

So in the end it turned out that it was a combination of dust and moisture or something, but when I blew in and around the gimbal wheel the problem immediately went away! I only figured it out near the end of my flight last night, so I'm busy charging my Mini now and I'll try again!

But I'm pretty sure that it's just dust and weird small, tiny particles that when I blew away, by blowing towards the gimbal wheel fixed this issue for me..

I thought I'd share thus with everyone, so that you guys can also try this and see..

If it starts to do it while you are flying, just blow at the gimbal wheel from close, BUT DON'T SPIT at the controller, practice blowing first or rather use some blowing tool if you can.

You will notice that it will immediately start to behave normally and all sweetly!!

Cool cool, I hop it works for everyone as it did for me!

Keep well and be safe everyone!!!

2020-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules