Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to set/change white balance settings underwater
2271 5 2020-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
burn4ever
lvl.1

Germany

Hey guys,
does anybody has some experience setting the right white balance at scuba diving?
I have an unerwaterhousing and red filters and wonder how to set the white balance settings underwater.

There is an underwater awb option but I can´t find anything in the documentaion about that.
So what does that option exactly? Can I use it with red filters?

And is it possible to reach all the options only with the buttons of the housing (without the touchscreen).
With an underwater housing I can´t use the touch screen so how can I change the white balance settings?

2020-2-28
Use props
peiter
First Officer
Denmark

The underwater setting i assume ramp up the red color a little instead of adding a red filter like in the old days, as that's the first color to go when you go deep.
But if you don't go that deep into the sea i don't think it is needed.

I assume you could save a profile with the underwater AWB on as one of the fast access modes on the button on the left side of the camera ( assume UW housing have a button so you can press that button )
2020-2-29
Use props
burn4ever
lvl.1

Germany

peiter Posted at 2-29 01:15
The underwater setting i assume ramp up the red color a little instead of adding a red filter like in the old days, as that's the first color to go when you go deep.
But if you don't go that deep into the sea i don't think it is needed.

Okay, thanks.
So will the underwater AWB boost enough red at round about 20 meter immersion depth ?
2020-2-29
Use props
peiter
First Officer
Denmark

That i don't know, i have not worn my Cressi gear for decades, and now my health are so bad if i somehow got down to 3M i would drown before i got back up to the surface.
And aside for a 15 L tank i use to refill my PCP airguns all my other gear are in long time storage and will probably never be used again.

I also assume you can also add red in post production, so today i don't really think actual red filters are needed for dive photo / video.
2020-2-29
Use props
burn4ever
lvl.1

Germany

@peiter
thanks a lot.

May be somebody else some experience to film underwater with the Osmo Action and has tips how to handle the WB.
2020-2-29
Use props
burn4ever
lvl.1

Germany

No one?
May be DJI will set up some kind of "native WB" like the GoPro has?!
Think this will make it a little bit easier and saver when filming underwater. AWB is not really an option in my case.

2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules