3151 12 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yoshi_Mertens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 277379 ft
Belgium

Hello all,

After checking out the forums and browsing the internet for quite some time, I've read a lot of things about problems occuring with the DJI FLY app after updating the phone to Android 10 (Q). Since yesterday my phone keeps pushing a notification to update the new safetypatch of December 2019, allong with the Android 10 update. Currently I'm using a Motorola One Action with Android 9, which works perfectly to fly my Mavic Air and control my OSMO Mobile 3 (MIMO-APP). I just found out that Samsung phones have had severe problems when they used an Exynos chip and it appears to be that my phone has the Exynos 9609 chip in it. Even though my phone is not in the official compatibility list, I'd like to know from people whether I should block the update to android 10 or is it safe to update and still enjoy my DJI products?

Thanks a lot for the replies!
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Yoshi_Mertens. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots on there experience on this matter. Just a reminder to please use a recommended mobile device when operating or flying your DJI drones for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the drone and on the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you and please fly safe always.
2020-2-29
Use props
Mort62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505046 ft
United States

It works fine with Galaxy S9.
2020-3-1
Use props
Yoshi_Mertens
Second Officer
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-29 07:48
Hello and good day Yoshi_Mertens. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots on there experience on this matter. Just a reminder to please use a recommended mobile device when operating or flying your DJI drones for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the drone and on the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you and please fly safe always.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I'm currently not having a phone from the recommended list, but my family has an S7 Edge as a back-up. Despite my Motorola One Action is a new one and not on the list, I haven't encountered any problems or instability in either DJIGO4 or the DJI MIMO app
2020-3-1
Use props
Yoshi_Mertens
Second Officer
Belgium

Mort62 Posted at 3-1 06:27
It works fine with Galaxy S9.

Thanks a lot for leaving down the information! Perhaps I should take the leap as mine has an Exynos chip as well Fingers crossed!
2020-3-1
Use props
Yoshi_Mertens
Second Officer
Belgium

Just a little update! I've just updated my phone to Android 10 and performed a test-flight with my mavic air. Everything seems to be okay. It was already becoming a bit dark and the backwards/frondwards obstacle avoidance sensor were not able to recognize any objects so I just flew 3 to 5 meter high and close to me.
One thing I noticed was that the aircraft didn't hover very stable, but I assume this has to do with the light conditions
The Osmo Mobile 3 seems to work pretty fine as well!
2020-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Yoshi_Mertens Posted at 3-1 08:40
Thanks a lot for your reply! I'm currently not having a phone from the recommended list, but my family has an S7 Edge as a back-up. Despite my Motorola One Action is a new one and not on the list, I haven't encountered any problems or instability in either DJIGO4 or the DJI MIMO app

Thank you for the given information and update Yoshi_Mertens. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2020-3-2
Use props
Yoshi_Mertens
Second Officer
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 15:26
Thank you for the given information and update Yoshi_Mertens. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.

You're very welcome! Thanks a lot for the feedback/reply DJI Stephan. Really appreciate the support!
2020-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Yoshi_Mertens Posted at 3-3 12:43
You're very welcome! Thanks a lot for the feedback/reply DJI Stephan. Really appreciate the support!

You are very much welcome Yoshi_Mertens. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-3-3
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Just to add a bit more.  I am running a Note 9, with android 10.  I haven't had a chance to fly that much since the update due to the winds, but what I have flown, didn't have a second of trouble.  
2020-3-3
Use props
Mort62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505046 ft
United States

No issues with Samsung S9.
2020-3-4
Use props
Yoshi_Mertens
Second Officer
Belgium

Brad Bilger Posted at 3-3 17:59
Just to add a bit more.  I am running a Note 9, with android 10.  I haven't had a chance to fly that much since the update due to the winds, but what I have flown, didn't have a second of trouble.

Thanks a lot for the feedback man, really appreciate it! Nice to see other people confirm that everything works fine!
2020-3-4
Use props
Yoshi_Mertens
Second Officer
Belgium

Mort62 Posted at 3-4 02:53
No issues with Samsung S9.

Thanks for the feedback!!
2020-3-4
Use props
Advanced