985 9 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maurotandoi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have a new battery that's only been charged 11 times but used only 4 times for fly I got this message on the flight today.
I noticed that the voltage of the fourth cell is completely different.
Is it defective? Should it be replaced under warranty?

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 12.49.09.png
IMG_1513.PNG

IMG_1515 2.jpg

IMG_1516 2.jpg

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 12.49.09.png
2020-2-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wich drone?  MM has only 2 cells.... (under your avatar i see only a MM)
Can you upload a flightrecord in wich this error was seen ?

Use this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2020-2-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Whatever it's for, it looks like the warranty has expired.
2020-2-29
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

JJB* Posted at 2-29 07:09
Wich drone?  MM has only 2 cells.... (under your avatar i see only a MM)
Can you upload a flightrecord in wich this error was seen ?

MAVIC 2 ZOOM
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MauroT. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please update the batteries firmware version to the latest on and see if the issue or the error message will still persists? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-29
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-29 08:31
Hello and good day MauroT. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please update the batteries firmware version to the latest on and see if the issue or the error message will still persists? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

how do you update the firmware of a battery, through DJ Assistant 2 there is only the possibility to update the firmware of the drone, not the battery? what am I missing? thanks
2020-2-29
Use props
Mell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635922 ft
Estonia

It will automatically update battery as well when connected. If you have many battery's then you need to do same procedure with each battery. Connect battery to drone, connect cable between pc with Dji assistant and start update. Then connect another battery and to drone and do again update.
2020-2-29
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mell Posted at 2-29 11:42
It will automatically update battery as well when connected. If you have many battery's then you need to do same procedure with each battery. Connect battery to drone, connect cable between pc with Dji assistant and start update. Then connect another battery and to drone and do again update.

I upgraded the drone, no message for the battery, I'll try it in the air tomorrow.

Note:
I bought another battery and tried a flight, and I had no problems.
2020-2-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

MauroT Posted at 2-29 14:27
I upgraded the drone, no message for the battery, I'll try it in the air tomorrow.

Note:

Aloha Mauro,

While I do not have a Mavic 2 Zoom, I have updated batteries with other DJI platforms.  I do not recall ever having been notified that the battery needed an update, it was always that an update was required.  Just knowing that the batteries needed to be updated helped me to figure out that I needed to switch batteries so they could all be updated.  The update is fairly quick and then you can fly that battery.

Try doing another update with the problem battery and see if it updates.  Also, you might want DJI Stephen to check your battery serial number.  The warning indicated that you may not have an original DJI battery.  By checking the serial number, Stephen can let you know quickly if you have an original DJI battery.  If the battery is not an original DJI battery, you should replace it.  Many have crashed with third party batteries.

BTW, flying with conflicting firmware series can lead to trouble.  Being in the air when that happens can lead to a crash.  Be sure to only fly batteries that are charged at over 90%, preferably 95%.  At low charge levels, cell deviation can cause the motors to stop, especially in cold temperatures.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-1
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Cetacean Posted at 3-1 01:52
Aloha Mauro,

While I do not have a Mavic 2 Zoom, I have updated batteries with other DJI platforms.  I do not recall ever having been notified that the battery needed an update, it was always that an update was required.  Just knowing that the batteries needed to be updated helped me to figure out that I needed to switch batteries so they could all be updated.  The update is fairly quick and then you can fly that battery.

thanks
The battery is 100% original (present in the box and used 3 times) (the serial is in the attached screenshots and dji can verify)
I bought another battery and I didn't have a problem.
The "old" one will be simply defective, in any case it's out of warranty so I don't think I'll use it anymore (it lasted only a few months, maybe manufacturing defect)
2020-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules