Mavic mini shifting backward during takeoff
6480 11 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ak_Yaka
lvl.1

United States

I brought mavic mini 2 months ago and it was working perfectly. Suddenly after updates, I tried to use it and now drone shift back while trying to take off.
Did all the calibrations including IMU but the situation is still the same.

Highly appreciate your inputs

2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ak_Yaka. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 and try to fly the said drone to a different location with less interference. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-29
Use props
djiuser_zqPHc88w2v08
New
Flight distance : 49662 ft
Spain

Hello!
The same thing happened to me today, when it took off it went straight back, then it worked fine but after a minute I lost control and the drone crashed into the television, I didn't have the protections on, you can imagine what happened ...
I noticed that the propellers were a little loose, I changed them all, calibrated the imu, the compass, the control and the gimbal, in that order and always on a wooden table and no metal objects nearby.
Now it works well, the television did not cure it.
I've been with the Mavic mini for two weeks, which means that every few flights, 5-6 should calibrate everything.
I hope you serve my experience. Greetings.
2020-2-29
Use props
Ak_Yaka
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-29 12:54
Hello and good day Ak_Yaka. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 and try to fly the said drone to a different location with less interference. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you for your guidance
I will try that and let you know the results
2020-3-1
Use props
M1 97103
lvl.1
Flight distance : 849925 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I first installed the fly app it was all messed up. Installed it from DJI download and have had no problems
2020-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ak_Yaka Posted at 3-1 11:15
Thank you for your guidance
I will try that and let you know the results

You are very much welcome Ak_Yaka. Please keep us updated after your next flight for us to be able to assist you further. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-3-2
Use props
djiuser_BusVLBSTXXKp
New
Romania

I have the same issue, I put the propeller guards and immediately after takeoff it went backwards, so I suspected it's due to the guards. But trying to lift off without the protections resulted in the same behaviour and makes the drone unusable.
Does anybody have a clue on how to fix that, or if that's even possible?

Unless there is a solution, I see myself forced to return it.
2020-4-27
Use props
Ak_Yaka
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_BusVLBSTXXKp Posted at 4-27 01:50
I have the same issue, I put the propeller guards and immediately after takeoff it went backwards, so I suspected it's due to the guards. But trying to lift off without the protections resulted in the same behaviour and makes the drone unusable.
Does anybody have a clue on how to fix that, or if that's even possible?

The temporary solution is when you take off use manual control with pressing forward stick. that way you can take off. Anyway I am about to try this outside but COVID 19 situation holding me back
Try with fastening all propellers.  
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_Gi5fKiMcKADz
New

United States

I am having the same problem. I replaced the back left propellors and now it will shift when take off and won't come off the ground. I also have gimbal error message and it will not allow me to calibrate the gimbal. Very frustrating as I have only had it for 2 weeks.
2020-5-26
Use props
Ak_Yaka
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Gi5fKiMcKADz Posted at 5-26 13:01
I am having the same problem. I replaced the back left propellors and now it will shift when take off and won't come off the ground. I also have gimbal error message and it will not allow me to calibrate the gimbal. Very frustrating as I have only had it for 2 weeks.

Dont replace only one propeller. Try replacing at least back two and see how it goes.
My problem is now sorted after replacing propellers calibration and new updates.
2020-5-27
Use props
Vikranth
lvl.1
Netherlands

The same problem, after replacing all my backside propellers to  avoid propeller rotating too fast, now it is running backward during take-off, what can be done?  
2020-10-29
Use props
djiuser_KmEr2g9OOyYI
New
Flight distance : 6798 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem today.  Pushing the stick to take off makes the drone come backwards diagonally left.  Then if it gets off the ground it stabilises but makes way more noise than it used to.  I think the props at the back may be out of shape.  I have left it strapped in the propeller carry case for a while on the dome charging stand.  Disappointing as it was fantastic before.  Have done firmware and calibration.  Only thing that kept coming up was a lack of GPS   Any ideas please.  Thank you Trevor.
2021-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules