RC buttons not working first time you open DJI Fly
1149 20 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Anybody else noticed that issue? - every time i fly i realize buttons for photo and video don't work, so i have to close the app and open it again in order for them to start to work, hence always get 2 flights as a result instead of one...my phone is note 8. Also noticed if you don't stop recording, land and shut down the drone video gets corrupted and unplayable unless repaired with a software!
2020-2-29
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

As for the corrupted video file, when you start record the next time Mini finalize the last unfinished video file and it is no more corrupt.
2020-2-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the buttons for the photo and video don't work every time without an App restart I'd recommend that you uninstall the App, restart mobile device and then re-download and install App once again to see if that will help your issue.  Hope this helps.
2020-2-29
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Mashroomhut Posted at 2-29 11:17
As for the corrupted video file, when you start record the next time Mini finalize the last unfinished video file and it is no more corrupt.

couldn't wait, repaired it manually...let's see if that doesn't cause another issue
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sbonev. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device or please try to uninstall and then reinstall the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can download the said firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-29
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-29 11:23
If the buttons for the photo and video don't work every time without an App restart I'd recommend that you uninstall the App, restart mobile device and then re-download and install App once again to see if that will help your issue.  Hope this helps.

i will give it a try but my  hunch tells me it won't be very helpful. And i am kind of lazy doing those settings for nth time....as i had already several issues with the app
2020-2-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I've started having this problem, along with mode (P, S, C) not shown in the app. when I upgraded my Samsung S9+ to Android 10, plus a video signal glitch (typical corrupted video stream artifacts w/ green prevalence and pixelization) that require the phone to be rebooted.

Definitely the APP needs to be improved for Android 10 more than it was already for the 9.
2020-2-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

m80116 Posted at 2-29 12:05
I've started having this problem, along with mode (P, S, C) not shown in the app. when I upgraded my Samsung S9+ to Android 10, plus a video signal glitch (typical corrupted video stream artifacts w/ green prevalence and pixelization) that require the phone to be rebooted.

Definitely the APP needs to be improved for Android 10 more than it was already for the 9.

Well, we can always hope then that V1.0.7 of the App will have several improvements.  Just hoping the DJI team has not been personally experiencing the negative effects of COVID-19.
2020-2-29
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

m80116 Posted at 2-29 12:05

actually i forgot to include about the mode....this is also an issue. strange thing is i am not no android 10...so it shouldn't be only that, my wild guess is something specific to samsung devices...though it will be very strange if that is the case
2020-2-29
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

i did some more testing today - RC buttons and mode work perfect prior flight, once AC is airborne they stop working and the only solution is to restart app... this with auto launch button, hence it might has something to do though not sure. I will try with the sticks next time if it still happens after the reinstall of the app.

Also app causes crash of the phone every time connection to the AC is lost, which is totally strange...so basically i was only 137 m away direct LOS to the drone in open space no interferences over the water of a lake and out of nothing connection lost...which resulted in my Note 8 rebooting and losing any visuals for couple of minutes until the app started again, but RC had perfect control and connection.

After this flight i uninstalled the app and installed it again, i will try these days to see if this fixes anything though i am pretty sure issues will be the same.
2020-3-1
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

I did several tests over the weekend. In summary after reinstall of the app on the first flight all was perfect, buttons on RC, flight modes, no issues at all. I thought all was fixed, unfortunately on the second flight issues reappeared. The only difference is when i started the flight flight modes worked without issues and buttons on the RC also, some 3 min into the flight they stopped, so i had to close DJI Fly and open it again which fixed the issue and all worked flawlessly afterwards - changing of flight modes, buttons on RC. So definitely something with the app needs polishing. Didn't lose connection, hence was not able to confirm if the app crashes and restarts mobile device upon losing connection to the drone...

another issue i noticed is that when in sport mode, which i rarely use, when returning to home at the end of the flight with some 20% battery and not more than 35-40 m height  above home point i got a high winds notification and fly with caution. Strangely enough this is the first time at all i see this warning and the winds were relatively calm this weekend. The previous one was a lot worse and i didn't got that warning even a single time.Only thing is i rarely, actually never use sport mode...i basically started the flight in cinematic mode and climbed to 40 m and went on, highest i got during the flight was 110 m with no sign of a single breeze. Definitely something is off with the sport mode and the notifications in the app. as i saw this warning on dji Fly app but there is no sign of it in the flight logs!
2020-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mashroomhut Posted at 2-29 11:17

I don't think that works with a Mini. I have heard that it works for other models, but not this one. It certainly did not work for me when I tried that. Fortunately I did find two methods to get the file repaired for free.

See my correction below...it does work now.

2020-3-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-8 19:09
I don't think that works with a Mini. I have heard that it works for other models, but not this one. It certainly did not work for me when I tried that. Fortunately I did find two methods to get the file repaired for free.

That procedure quoted here was not quite correct. If you do shut down without stopping recording, then all you need to do is start the aircraft up again, with the SD card still inserted, and it should repair the file. No need to start a recording. I don't see why it would not work on the Mini, as it works on all other DJI aircraft. Technically speaking, the repair method is to 'finalise' the file, as it was not shut down properly previously. Frankly I don't see why DJI do not perform this as part of the shutdown procedure, everyone else does.
2020-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-8 19:25
That procedure quoted here was not quite correct. If you do shut down without stopping recording, then all you need to do is start the aircraft up again, with the SD card still inserted, and it should repair the file. No need to start a recording. I don't see why it would not work on the Mini, as it works on all other DJI aircraft.

I stand "corrupted" ;-) It does work now for me. I wonder why it did not in December. Was that before the last firmware update maybe? Anyway, thanks for the information.
2020-3-8
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I suspect it might work to finalize files that are unfinalized by the drone, but not where there might be an I/O WRITE error on the file itself.
2020-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

m80116 Posted at 3-8 19:37
I suspect it might work to finalize files that are unfinalized by the drone, but not where there might be an I/O WRITE error on the file itself.

It works now! Wonder when that changed. Thanks.
2020-3-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-8 19:38
It works now! Wonder when that changed. Thanks.

It used to be that if you made another subsequent recording to the un-finalised file, the repair procedure would not work. Pehaps that is what you might have done.
2020-3-8
Use props
Zelmani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555833 ft
Germany

I know that problem very well. To me, it seems to be connected to the mobiles airplane mode. If not switching to airplane mode the problem doesn't occur. There was a discussion on the issue in a german forum here: https://www.drohnen-forum.de/ind ... en-nicht-angezeigt/ For german speaking users, this might be of interest.
2020-3-8
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Zelmani Posted at 3-8 23:14
I know that problem very well. To me, it seems to be connected to the mobiles airplane mode. If not switching to airplane mode the problem doesn't occur. There was a discussion on the issue in a german forum here: https://www.drohnen-forum.de/index.php/Thread/47834-Flugmodi-werden-nicht-angezeigt/ For german speaking users, this might be of interest.

actually now that you mention it, yesterday i thought of that, because the only difference was that i forgot to switch to airplane mode the first flight, on the second i also forgot at the beginning, but around min 2-3 i did it...that is when the issued appeared. I was about to test it these days when i get time, thanks for the confirmation....anyway it is really annoying. because this way i always get 2 flight records and in the city without the airplane mode distance is really limited, so no escaping.
So i will assume issue with crash of the phone upon disconnect will still be present, which is the most annoying issue and problem!
2020-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-8 20:05
It used to be that if you made another subsequent recording to the un-finalised file, the repair procedure would not work. Pehaps that is what you might have done.

No, I think it was after NOT making  another recording that the recovery did not work. But last night before posting about it I did make a subsequent recording and it worked to restore the bad file.
By the way, I have never used Airplane mode.
2020-3-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

well i tried the new 1.0.8 app and the issue with the airplane mode is still present. So i guess i cannot use my phone in airplane mode with the DJI Fly app...as RC buttons stop working and cannot change flight mode. And annoyingly restarting the app always leaves me with 2 flights instead of the actual one!!! i guess with the speed DJI updates the app the small things will take years if ever available!!!!
2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules