1057 11 2020-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Hey guys.
I just came home from flying around a little, wanted to make some shots of the sunset.
Just checked the footage on my PC. It's (too) noisy. Even the Pictures I shot with ISO 100 are pretty full of noise.

Is there a way to reduce this in my videos by processing it? Maybe anyone got an idea how I could do this in Premiere (if it is possible at all).

It looks so grainy that I actually don't want to use it in this state.

Greetings, enjoy the evening.

2020-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mizzu. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to post a sample video and a sample photo of the said issue for us to be able to check and assist you further with the said issue. Thank you.
2020-3-1
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 09:23
Hello and good day Mizzu. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to post a sample video and a sample photo of the said issue for us to be able to check and assist you further with the said issue. Thank you.

Well it's not an issue. It's just a small sensor with not the best low-light conditions. ;-)
2020-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like something wrong, if your flying in low light or high ISO, are you using card footage ? Can you post sample, also PP should have noise reduction FCPX does but again it’s not great .
2020-3-1
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 09:36
Sounds like something wrong, if your flying in low light or high ISO, are you using card footage ? Can you post sample, also PP should have noise reduction FCPX does but again it’s not great .

Hm, well to be honest I think it's normal.
It's not like the footage is totally unusable but in my eyes it just looks too crappy. Give me a minute, I will upload it somewhere.
2020-3-1
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/um94p ... NvhV6sHmX9FE4a?dl=0

You can see it best in the darker clouds and in the sunrays. But it's everywhere. Like very high ISO Settings on my DSLR.
Edit: And yes. It's all straight from the card. No cached/compressed/processed stuff.

2020-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mizzu Posted at 3-1 09:32
Well it's not an issue. It's just a small sensor with not the best low-light conditions. ;-)

Thank you for this given information Mizzu. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.
2020-3-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I notices this too from very first tests and always wondered if its my camera or a known limitation.
Would be good to develop some sort of camera resolution, shakiness and noise test.
2020-3-6
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

InspektorGadjet Posted at 3-6 02:42
I notices this too from very first tests and always wondered if its my camera or a known limitation.
Would be good to develop some sort of camera resolution, shakiness and noise test.

I really hope that we can "fix" this as soon as we got full manual video control so that we can keep the ISO as low as possible.
2020-3-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Mizzu Posted at 3-6 02:53
I really hope that we can "fix" this as soon as we got full manual video control so that we can keep the ISO as low as possible.

Yeah me too, however im not entirely sure it will... I mean I took a video one afternoon at dusk with low level fog, and noticed the noise, but also took some pictures at different exposures for HDR, but after analyzing the files at home, all the pictures were at 100 ISO... and they were still noisy.

Here is my image result, one pic for sky and one for bottom darker areas:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207239

For people who didnt see the full res pic in my computer the image looks OK but look closely at the fog at the bottom left ad right or vegetation areas...tons of artifacts and noise...
2020-3-6
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

InspektorGadjet Posted at 3-6 08:46
Yeah me too, however im not entirely sure it will... I mean I took a video one afternoon at dusk with low level fog, and noticed the noise, but also took some pictures at different exposures for HDR, but after analyzing the files at home, all the pictures were at 100 ISO... and they were still noisy.

Here is my image result, one pic for sky and one for bottom darker areas:

Pretty sh** to be honest. I wonder if this is on every Mavic Mini?
Some more low light examples from other people would be good.
I didn't see this on my first footage to be honest, but as soon as you realize that it is there, you gonna see it permanently. ^^
2020-3-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Mizzu Posted at 3-6 09:01
Pretty sh** to be honest. I wonder if this is on every Mavic Mini?
Some more low light examples from other people would be good.
I didn't see this on my first footage to be honest, but as soon as you realize that it is there, you gonna see it permanently. ^^

Yeah... I really want to find a way to test this, with a focus image test and a source of light with known power... but hard to find a way to test this against other Minis...
2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules