Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
After using the Mavic 2 Pro for a while..
1040 12 2020-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 definitely produces better images during the day but at night, the Mavic 2 Pro wins.

Even have rolling shutter at 1/8000 on the M2P in full sun!!  There is no such thing as rolling shutter on the P4PV2.0.

It's just no contest due to the sharpness and no noise during the day with the P4PV2.0.  Even at ISO-100 on the M2P there is noise.  Now, if we are talking about video.. the M2P is definitely better.

If we need reach to remain undetected or get an inspection reach during high-winds near a building to spot damage, the Mavic 2 Zoom wins.
2020-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing there information with regards to the difference between the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for sharing your experience as well. Thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.
2020-3-2
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 11:52
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing there information with regards to the difference between the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for sharing your experience as well. Thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.

Continue the good support w/ the P4PV2.0.
2020-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The antman continues to issue absolute statements without any understanding of what best even means.

The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 definitely produces better images during the day but at night, the Mavic 2 Pro wins.

Both cameras are quite capable of creating very good images.
It's one thing to say that X is better than Y but unless you can back that up with evidence, it's a meaningless statement.
It's like telling us that Blue is definitely much better than Green.

Given your poor understanding of drone photography, it's a pretty safe bet that you have no idea what you are saying.

Even have rolling shutter at 1/8000 on the M2P in full sun!!  There is no such thing as rolling shutter on the P4PV2.0.
Except that the P4 pro does have a rolling shutter as well as its mechanical shutter option.
Here's what the specs say:
Mechanical Shutter Speed
Mechanical Shutter Speed
Do you even know what difference the different shutters might make to your images?
Unless you have a fast moving subject, you probably couldn't see any difference.

It's just no contest due to the sharpness and no noise during the day with the P4PV2.0.  Even at ISO-100 on the M2P there is noise.  Now, if we are talking about video.. the M2P is definitely better.
You love to look at a few images and tell us that one camera is "better" than another one on the basis of your quick impressions.
But the real world is much more complicated than that.
WIth your poor understanding of drone photography, you don't know whay one image might appear better than another one
Or what factors you haven't considered, might have made biger differences.

2020-3-2
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-2 18:44
The antman continues to issue absolute statements without any understanding of what best even means.

Don't worry Labroides, tomorrow it will will change and they will swap places for some other reason.
2020-3-2
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-2 18:44

I've tested both, first hand.  The M2P has noise even at ISO-100.  The Skydio 2 has noise even at ISO-101.  P4PV2.0 has the least noise.  If you downscale them, the noise is gone of course.  I'm talking about full screen.

I just tested with a 1/8000 shot w/ the M2P (car streaks on a live highway capture) and in the Sony A7R group, someone showed 1/4000 to have rolling shutter when a bird was in flight.  W/ my P4PV2.0 images.. All the vehicles look stationary and they were not 1/8000 but on auto, probably 1/1250.  The colors never pop at night like they do on the M2P.

I'm just going by what the results I'm seeing first hand.  Not theory w/o results.  I'm not a ph.D scientist.  I'm just describing what I see.  Imo, this is the best way to tell if something works or not.  Not by what great marketing some companies have done.  I'm not talking about DJI in particular but in any area of life.  Some people are more emotionally hype driven and base nearly All their decisions based upon that.  It works out for them for decades, a life-time, even their offspring does the same thing, but for me I'm not sure why I think differently.
2020-3-2
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I am very pleased with the camera output. Contrary to the OP's opinion I do think video is better on the phantom.
org_73c91dafba406142_1554647590000-01.jpeg
org_cff829edbba1131b_1554647440000-01-01-01.jpeg
20200224_142611.jpg
2020-3-3
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 3-3 00:44
I am very pleased with the camera output. Contrary to the OP's opinion I do think video is better on the phantom.

If you go black and white and super vintage that is different.  M2P has best video.
2020-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 3-2 11:58
Continue the good support w/ the P4PV2.0.

Rest assured that DJI is doing its best to continue and to create more user friendly drones and devices for all and to give out more helpful firmware updates in the future. Thank you for continuously supporting DJI.
2020-3-3
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-3 10:07
Rest assured that DJI is doing its best to continue and to create more user friendly drones and devices for all and to give out more helpful firmware updates in the future. Thank you for continuously supporting DJI.

Can you make it where the drone automatically does the focus stacking pictures like with pano?  Just need a close, medium, and far image or can even make 5 to be safe.
2020-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Again thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-3-3
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

I find the P4P v2 camera to have a small amount of visible noise even under ideal conditions, but I'm attuned to the relative lack of noise on a professional 35mm cinema camera. The P4P produces acceptable images, but I wouldn't say they are noise-free.
2020-3-3
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 3-3 17:03
I find the P4P v2 camera to have a small amount of visible noise even under ideal conditions, but I'm attuned to the relative lack of noise on a professional 35mm cinema camera. The P4P produces acceptable images, but I wouldn't say they are noise-free.

I'm attuned to the lack of noise with full-frame cameras as well.
2020-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules