Mavic 2 Pro / FPB (White) Goggles Cursor not Centered
1081 1 2020-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans44394cbb
lvl.1

United States

Hi, all. I have a set of the white goggs that I have really enjoyed (prefer, really) when flying my phantom 4 pro+.  

When enabling the gimbal head tracking mode in the goggles, the drone  flies towards the little center "cursor" (whatever you call it; it is a  digital center-looking-thing" ) in the field of view. That is how you  can tell which way your drone is going relative to the direction you are  looking. You all know that. In other words, the drone body is going the  direction that the cursor is pointing. I am unsure of the technical name for that little fella (the cursor.)

NOW. I just bought a Mavic 2 pro, and the centering 'cursor' that I was just talking about, is not in the center of the field of view. If I  fly strait ahead, using only the right stick, I can see that the cursor is  off to the right and high in the field of view, and that the M2P is not  flying towards the cursor. It's not even close. The cursor is just off.  The phantom works perfectly, so that if I point the cursor where I want to go (down a railroad track, for example, the drone is flying down the railroad track.) This seems to kind of taking goggle calibration out of it (if there even is a compass  in the goggs, which I don't believe there is. ) The IMU was calibrated in the goggs...  It is just a problem  w/ the M2P.

I have calibrated the M2P via assistant 2, calibrated compass in the phone  (Samsung S8+...that is a dumb-feeling exercise, to just wave your phone  around in a figure 8 pattern...) vision-calibrated via Assistant 2.   Latest firmware. (01.00.0510.) I don't know what else to try.

When you hit the 'reset motion control' button in the googles (the one  right next to the head tracking gimbal mode, it recenters to the same  exact.... wrong....place. Up and to the right.  It just isn't in the  center.

Anyway. I can't think of anything else. Anyone else know what to try??
I have googled and googled.... Nothing yet. I may not be calling it the right thing, though.
Thanks, all.
~Travis in Everett, WA. USA.
2020-3-2
Use props
ttayw
New
Flight distance : 41125 ft
United States

Where is you answer DJI  ??????
2021-6-25
Use props
Advanced