Software choice for recording process of construction site on my ...
1236 8 2020-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnh2005gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130220 ft
United States

So, I want to be able to record the construction progress of a site we have starting up in a few months.  I want to get a video of it once per week and daily photos.  I want the drone to fly the same path each time for the video and then I want it to fly a different path for the photos every day.  Meaning one path for video and one path for photos but the same patch each week for the video and the same path every day for the photos.  Make sense?  What software would do that the best?  

Thank you!
2020-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day johnh2005gmail.com. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. May I know what drone do you have in doing this process. Some DJI drone can do this process by the use of the Waypoints function. To use this process please record a flight path, then the aircraft will fly along the same path repeatedly while you control the camera and orientation. The flight path can be saved and re-apply in the future. Thank you.
2020-3-2
Use props
johnh2005gmail.com
lvl.2
United States

It is a Phantom 4 Pro V2.  I have seen people say this, but when I tried it the video was very jerky despite it being a completely calm wind day.
2020-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for providing this additional information with us johnh2005gmail.com. For additional reference with regards to the Waypoints feature I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to properly utilize the DJI Intelligent Flight Mode: Waypoints. Thank you.

2020-3-2
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Good morning and thank you so much @DJI Stephen.  I really appreciate the video that you linked.  However, there are a LOT of issues.  1 the video is almost 4 years old.  It is for a drone I do not own nor have I ever flown.  It is using software that does not behave like or have features that are currently available.  The controller in the video is nothing like what I have, there is no switch on mine where the video shows.  I do not see any way on there to adjust gimble angle per waypoint or anything like that.  Does DJI not have anything remotely newer with the latest software or drones?
2020-3-3
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is another alternative. The program Litchi is a third party app that will allow you to do what you are asking.
2020-3-3
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 3-3 10:11
There is another alternative. The program Litchi is a third party app that will allow you to do what you are asking.

Thank you.  I will look into that.  Do you think it is worth the premium price?
2020-3-3
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnH2005 Posted at 3-3 11:01
Thank you.  I will look into that.  Do you think it is worth the premium price?

Yes. I bought it and its well worth it. One thing to remember is you have to buy for each OS. So if you mainly use and iPhone or Android buy the app accordingly. The license is not transferable between different devices.
2020-3-3
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 3-3 11:50
Yes. I bought it and its well worth it. One thing to remember is you have to buy for each OS. So if you mainly use and iPhone or Android buy the app accordingly. The license is not transferable between different devices.

Thank you.  I will get myself a copy.  Anyone else has any other recommendations?
2020-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules