media and links removed

2020-3-3
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cracking stuff on there, also subbed to your YouTube channel.
2020-3-3
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Dale 68 Posted at 3-3 06:33
Cracking stuff on there, also subbed to your YouTube channel.

Yes cheers mate and subbed you back ! absolutely love pics and vids on abandoned houses and warehouses. bit of urban exploring.
2020-3-3
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers, I try to include drone footage, but the weather always let's me down on the day this time of the year
2020-3-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-3-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

added to my Favs !!
2020-3-3
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dale 68 Posted at 3-3 07:42
Cheers, I try to include drone footage, but the weather always let's me down on the day this time of the year

Managed to get out for a couple of hour yesterday and do some filming below is the result filmed with the mavic mini so some of  the shots were not central.

your thoughts are appreciated.

Seems the video has encoded incorectly so will repost shortly
2020-3-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your website design is so 1995.  Look at my website at Elitecaptures7.com
2020-3-3
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

1995 was a good year ! If your website is so good maybe you could provide a clickable link to the site . Make it easier for the end user !
2020-3-3
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 3-3 12:32
Your website design is so 1995.  Look at my website at Elitecaptures7.com
Just looked at the site well what I could see ! It’s a terrible site with no mobile integration and very buggy ! I suggest you go back to 1995 to learn how to build a web page ! Because the one I see that You have built isn’t very good ! My site is clean sleek fast to use with an easy content integration and delivery to every platform including desktop tablet and mobile phone !
2020-3-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-3 16:23
Just looked at the site well what I could see ! It’s a terrible site with no mobile integration and very buggy ! I suggest you go back to 1995 to learn how to build a web page ! Because the one I see that You have built isn’t very good ! My site is clean sleek fast to use with an easy content integration and delivery to every platform including desktop tablet and mobile phone !

I just need a site for people who have a working PC connected to the internet.  It's just HTML with an Adobe XD embed.  This way I can update it quick.

The problem with HTML is, if you change a lot of things w/ a nice layout, you cannot drag n' drop.  If you had to add transistions in dreamweaver.. unless extension toolsets exist to make it easy.. it's super hard.
2020-3-3
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

media removed
2020-3-4
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 3-3 09:49
added to my Favs !!

Cheers buddy
2020-3-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-4 02:29
The first thing you did on your original post was critisise my site ! With an off the cuff flippant remark saying it looked like it was from 1995.  My site was built so as to deliver a very simple user interface and ease of navigation. If your going to critisise someone elses work i suggest you deliver a great product yourself, which at this current moment it looks tacky and is buggy and is not optimised accross platforms. Your flash integration on your pages causes a massive slowdown on the pages to load. I am glad you liked my amazing site.

Anyway heres my first real video of this year as the weather has been bad here in the uk with all the storms that have tracked accross the atlantic.

Here was my video.  The Polar Pro UV filter can make things look better.  Well I think it was on in this video..

2020-3-4
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-4 02:29
The first thing you did on your original post was critisise my site ! With an off the cuff flippant remark saying it looked like it was from 1995.  My site was built so as to deliver a very simple user interface and ease of navigation. If your going to critisise someone elses work i suggest you deliver a great product yourself, which at this current moment it looks tacky and is buggy and is not optimised accross platforms. Your flash integration on your pages causes a massive slowdown on the pages to load. I am glad you liked my amazing site.

Anyway heres my first real video of this year as the weather has been bad here in the uk with all the storms that have tracked accross the atlantic.

Ahhh, don't get too worked up over what that guy says. He has proven his lack of value many times over on this and other forums. He can dish it out be he cannot take it. I won't even look at his site as I am sure it is as goofy as he is. So, his site is designed for his ease of use and forget about the end user. Not a good business model. I personally think your site is sleek, smooth and well put together. And yes, 1995 was a good year. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
2020-3-4
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

1Eagle Posted at 3-4 15:55
Ahhh, don't get too worked up over what that guy says. He has proven his lack of value many times over on this and other forums. He can dish it out be he cannot take it. I won't even look at his site as I am sure it is as goofy as he is. So, his site is designed for his ease of use and forget about the end user. Not a good business model. I personally think your site is sleek, smooth and well put together. And yes, 1995 was a good year. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Cheers for your kind supportive words eagle ! They are much appreciated ! I have spent so long with all my photos on hard drives and decided it was time to get them online! My passion is landscapes either by drone or by  a normal hand held camera! . I actually take a lot of photos on my iPhone and leave the DSLR at home! Usually take 2 drones out when I’m flying ! Phantom 3 pro and the mavic mini which I fell in love with first time I flew her !
2020-3-4
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-4 16:12
Cheers for your kind supportive words eagle ! They are much appreciated ! I have spent so long with all my photos on hard drives and decided it was time to get them online! My passion is landscapes either by drone or by  a normal hand held camera! . I actually take a lot of photos on my iPhone and leave the DSLR at home! Usually take 2 drones out when I’m flying ! Phantom 3 pro and the mavic mini which I fell in love with first time I flew her !

My pleasure mockingbird. I like to give support where it is due. Some people have nothing good to say about anybody but themselves.
2020-3-4
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

I'm a nothing here as my tech side left in 1995 when I made my first web site. I was quite proud of it. Yours looks nothing like a 1995 web site. I do know the style. LOL
I don't get the Mockingbird name. It looks a lot more like a Firebird with that flare. I do know Mockingbirds well. I never met a real firebird yet. I did put a decal on the hood (bonnet) of a Pontiac as a body man in my younger days.
If you want good professional landscape photography, use your DSLR WITH A TRIPOD, PERIOD! It will give you an edge. Have you ever seen a professional landscape photographer on the media not use a tripod?
Just my 2 cents. Best of luck!  
2020-3-4
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

On your "about me page" I feel your water fall would look better with a slower shutter speed on a tripod.  Just my opinion. My point as an example.

This one is of low resolution. I have the good one elsewhere not on my computer. Just to show my point.
2020-3-4
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 3-4 20:01
On your "about me page" I feel your water fall would look better with a slower shutter speed on a tripod.  Just my opinion. My point as an example.
[view_image]
[view_image]

That's a great pic. May I ask what shutter speed you use for those types of shots?
2020-3-7
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 3-7 19:46
That's a great pic. May I ask what shutter speed you use for those types of shots?

The top one was 6 sec, F-22, 18 mm focal length, at 200 ISO. You have to play around till you get the affect you want. Your shot will be different. One thing for sure, you need to use a tripod at that speed with a remote. I have cheated and used a rock with a delayed shutter, when I forgot my tripod. As I said, use a tripod even in the day time to make it tack sharp.
2020-3-8
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goldenseal Posted at 3-4 20:01
On your "about me page" I feel your water fall would look better with a slower shutter speed on a tripod.  Just my opinion. My point as an example.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Dont like smokey water shots ! not my kind of photography. The about me page has pictures that fit the narative. That is how they will be staying!
2020-3-9
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-9 00:28
Dont like smokey water shots ! not my kind of photography. The about me page has pictures that fit the narative. That is how they will be staying!

We all have our different styles. I stand firm on using the tripod, it really does help.
2020-3-9
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goldenseal Posted at 3-9 07:58
We all have our different styles. I stand firm on using the tripod, it really does help.

The waterfall picture you speak of was taken with a tripod? are you talkiing about using a tripod for those rubbish smokey water shots that look fake and in no way represent anything that actually looks real?
2020-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-9 09:01
The waterfall picture you speak of was taken with a tripod? are you talkiing about using a tripod for those rubbish smokey water shots that look fake and in no way represent anything that actually looks real?

But frozen drops hanging in space as the eye cannot observe in nature "looks real"?
Who's to say what is "rubbish" and what is art?
There's a certain rigidity and lack of imagination in your last post that explains why your website looks the way it does.
2020-3-9
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-9 13:36
But frozen drops hanging in space as the eye cannot observe in nature "looks real"?
Who's to say what is "rubbish" and what is art?

Full of fantastic pictures that dont follow the norm. The natural fast speed shot is more realistic where water is suspended in that split second than it looking like smoke. !

Thank you for complimenting the site even if it was underhandedly done.

Art is subjective what one likes the other doesnt ! whats your intepretation of art ?

god i love the dji forum its full of such great feedback.

hey labroides i would love to see some of your photography ! can i have a link to your website as i would love to critique it! just so we can get a balanced overview of what you like as art?

post up your site below !
2020-3-9
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

Oh, you are a little harsh, but I'll live. LOL

Yes, always use a tripod. It will make your droplet even look more crisp. As I said, landscape photographers try to always use a tripod. There are always some exceptions if they can't. The saying is in their world, "Tac sharp".  Please, always do your thing, It's you and no one else. I was only trying to help.
2020-3-10
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goldenseal Posted at 3-10 13:27
Oh, you are a little harsh, but I'll live. LOL

Yes, always use a tripod. It will make your droplet even look more crisp. As I said, landscape photographers try to always use a tripod. There are always some exceptions if they can't. The saying is in their world, "Tac sharp".  Please, always do your thing, It's you and no one else. I was only trying to help.

Im more than a little harsh ! but i can live with that!

I do usualy carry a small tripod but preffer to use a rock of a try to steady myself with a tree or an inanimate object.
The whole point of this post was to get the link out into the open after spending nearly 3 weeks editing and designing. then people started to critique the look of the web site saying it was from 1995 then complaining that i dont like smokey water shots of which i simply dont like. Photography is an art and is subjective. Its the old addage you cant please all the people all of the time.

Aerial photography is only one of the hobbies i like to partake in.

Photography is about seizing the moment. but if people want to sit in a place and set up with tripods and ND filters im all for that too.

2020-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Im more than a little harsh ! but i can live with that!
When you dish it out, you sometimes have to expect to get some back.

Since you were kind enough to inform me that:
... my photos are absolute garbage and that my images arent worth showing in public
... that I need to go back to the drawing board or stop lying saying you have a site when you havent!
... and on the basis of seeing some of my images that you asked to see, you can tell that I'm delusional, another DJI forum crank.

But since you specifically asked for feedback including any positive directives to make the site better and said that you are always open to opinions, here's some feedback for you.
Your images are well exposed.
The site is very, v e r y slow to load.
I usually don't agree with the Antman on anything, but I think his comment about 1995 was accurate.
A visitor's book (how 1995?).

A few ideas for your photos:
Don't put multiple near duplicates up
Straighten your horizons
Try to have a subject in the frame rather than an image that's just background
It helps if there's something interesting about the images
Learn a little about composition
Think about using colour to liven up images
Rather than showing every image from a flight, just select the good ones.
Look at a lot of photography and see what others are doing to get some ideas of what's possible.

And just to show some qualifications to give advice, I'll post some of my "garbage" images.
(I realise they won't be to the taste of the OP,  (you cant please all the people all of the time).
DJI_0364-400c.jpg
949-67AAAc.jpg
2020-3-11
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Lol as usual your consistent! I will take all your feedback onboard and use it for future projects !
2020-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-11 06:42
Lol as usual your consistent! I will take all your feedback onboard and use it for future projects !

What a twisted person this guy is.
First he tells me that my photography is garbage, then accuses me of copying someone else's work and passing it off as my own.
Now he PM's me to say: got picture envy you retard, nothing less than i would expect from the shallow end of the gene pool. tytpical ignorant australian.

Picture envy?? !!!  
That's a joke.
Have a look at his stuff ... see if my suggestions to improve the sludge he presents aren't accurate.

2020-3-11
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-11 16:00
What a twisted person this guy is.
First he tells me that my photography is garbage, then accuses me of copying someone else's work and passing it off as my own.
Now he PM's me to say: got picture envy you retard, nothing less than i would expect from the shallow end of the gene pool. tytpical ignorant australian.

i am getting bored of your responses Uve absolutely nothing of any substance to offer apart from the ignorant remark you thought you would place on the feedback form on the web site. Twisted person ? you dont even know me or what im about youve made assumptions based on your obvious perceptual narrowing of reality ! if you dont know what that is go ask your mum! I asked you earlier today to stop harrassing me by personal message yet you continue to harrass me ! well crack on this will be my last response. You can try to discredit me all you want i dont care lol!  

And the end of the day i love photography however that presents itself ! Dont like them dont come back simple!

2020-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 3-11 16:06
i am getting bored of your responses Uve absolutely nothing of any substance to offer apart from the ignorant remark you thought you would place on the feedback form on the web site. Twisted person ? you dont even know me or what im about youve made assumptions based on your obvious perceptual narrowing of reality ! if you dont know what that is go ask your mum! I asked you earlier today to stop harrassing me by personal message yet you continue to harrass me ! well crack on this will be my last response. You can try to discredit me all you want i dont care lol!  

Here's a helpful tip for you.
If you want people to think you are a good photographer, only show them good photos.
That works well for me.

Of course, the corollary also applies.
2020-3-11
Use props
mockingbird_71
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks to the members who have given positive feedback on the site ! As for the others Well you can’t please everyone all of the time! Happy flying everyone!
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules