Question on how geofencing zones handled in flight
1419 4 2020-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhotoGD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Next week I will be flying in a warning zone and enhanced warning zone in one flight. Will be launching from the yellow warning zone but will need to fly slightly into the orange enhanced warning zone during the mission.

I know in the yellow warning zones, the GO app just gives you a warning you dismiss. But I've never flown in the enhanced orange zone before so not sure what to expect.

What concerns me the most is that I will be entering the orange zone mid flight, and I do not want the drone to automatically be forced to land (it would be over a lake).

I will also be using smart controller with no data connection, so if there's any website i need to go to to fill out a waiver i will be out of luck.
2020-3-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. When the drone enters a restricted zone without the unlocking license the unit will land for safety purposes. For requesting and unlocking license on a NFZ, please visit this link. to submit a request to the DJI FlySafe department. If you have further query regarding NFZ please contact the DJI FlySafe department via email at ( flysafe@dji.com ) for further assistance . Thank you.
2020-3-4
Use props
PhotoGD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-4 15:38
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. When the drone enters a restricted zone without the unlocking license the unit will land for safety purposes. For requesting and unlocking license on a NFZ, please visit this link.  to submit a request to the DJI FlySafe department. If you have further query regarding NFZ please contact the DJI FlySafe department via email at (  ) for further assistance . Thank you.

What about enhanced warning zone (orange)? What happens if I fly toward that?
2020-3-4
Use props
NHerby
New
Vietnam

Hi,
I jump on this discusssion, having concerns on this subject.
I made a flight 2 days ago near a restricted zone. I was flying in an "Authorization Zone" that I unlocked before the flight. I found out during the flight that the drone did enter the restricted zone and, as a result, started to land. At that time, the drone was just above a forest, in an area where a landing is impossible and will result in a crash.

"When the drone enters a restricted zone without the unlocking license the unit will land for safety purposes."
Sorry but this behaviour is really unsafe!! In my case, the drone was high enough to give me time to get out of the restricted zone and abort the forced landing. I don't understand why the app does not simply prevent the drone from entering a restricted zone in the first place. A behaviour similar to what happens when the sensors detect an obstacle would be way safer. Drone would just hover at the boundary of the restricted zone instead of landing in a random place.

2020-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

PhotoGD Posted at 3-4 15:51
What about enhanced warning zone (orange)? What happens if I fly toward that?

Hello and good day PhotoGD. For the Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight. When a drone is approaching this area from the outside, the DJI Go 4 application will issue a warning. Users must then confirm that they wish to continue flying. Thank you.
2020-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules