Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Issues Poll
2777 21 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PappyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 343816 ft
United States

I'm just trying to get a grip on this battery problem that people are having with their Mavic Air batteries.

I had one drop to 0 volts and land, no damage and another that is swollen.

If you have or had an issue check the box for the issue you have or had.

If your MA was damaged or recovered damaged free check that box.

If you are one of those guys/gals that have NO issues with your batteries Check that box.

I hit the wrong key on the keyboard #6 is a " Glitch" Please ignore it. Thanks

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 5 entry optional ), Total 80 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-3-5
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

Hi.
Up to now no issue, purchase in October 2019
2020-3-5
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

Voltage drop on all my 3 flymore combo batteries on different occasions. Luckly, none of these times I was doing my regular stuff and performing great flying otherwise the drone surely would be missing. Im always affraid to fly with it now. Timebomb.
2020-3-9
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Brazil

Duplicate post
2020-3-9
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Brazil

Triplicate post.
2020-3-9
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you abide by proper battery maintenance process you have no issues. I have over 50 DJI batteries.
2020-3-19
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Brazil

bjr981s Posted at 3-19 04:45
If you abide by proper battery maintenance process you have no issues. I have over 50 DJI batteries.

I always followed strictly the manual and always took extreme care with my batteries. Always following the checklist and storing extremely well. Unless the manual is orienting wrong operations, I can assure you my batteries couldnt have had better care.
2020-3-25
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ulysses Posted at 3-25 10:15
I always followed strictly the manual and always took extreme care with my batteries. Always following the checklist and storing extremely well. Unless the manual is orienting wrong operations, I can assure you my batteries couldnt have had better care.

What % do you fly your batteries down to?
2020-4-28
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I have 2 batteries out of 3 swollen (one enough to split the case open), and I had really cared for them. They were barely used and stored properly when not in use. Also they were bought seperately over a couple of months (one came with the drone of course), so it is quite unlikely they are the same batch.

EDIT: 3rd battery also swell up and popped wide open (it was on it's 28th charge), so now I have 3 out of 3 dead. Getting rid of MA as soon as possible...
2020-6-23
Use props
fanse5e09ba2
New

Russia

Good day! During my first flight after update and calibration my firmware( through DJI Assistant 2), my aircraft showed me extremely fast discharge from 20% to critical condition. Get back to me and landed without problem. Now baterry is fully charged, but have no indication and aircraft does not start with it. Go4 app shows  "low voltage protection" status. Before update it was excellent battery (about 20 minutes flight). How can i wake up my battery?
2020-9-6
Use props
djiuser_UxZFXLugtHMC
New

Brazil

Just now one of my batteries drop sudenly to zero and land, crashing into the ground.
Batery with no issues before.
But lots of other friends complaining about this.
High  risk to lose the drone or cause injuries
2020-9-20
Use props
djiuser_b6vyAxw39HX5
New
Flight distance : 15253 ft

United States

The batteries in main controller and for drone cannot be turn on after two years.
2021-6-2
Use props
Sanbao988
New
Flight distance : 15253 ft

United States

djiuser_b6vyAxw39HX5 Posted at 6-2 18:55
The batteries in main controller and for drone cannot be turn on after two years.

The problem has been found that the battery was "locked" and need to be "activated".
2021-6-5
Use props
T`Gellan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79081 ft
Luxembourg

Sanbao988 Posted at 6-5 19:45
The problem has been found that the battery was "locked" and need to be "activated".

Hi,
Got some locked batteries, how do you activate them?
Thanks
2021-7-5
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

No issues and my four original batteries seem fine which were purchased when the Mavic air first came came out,  then lost interest and have not flown it in at least two years but fully charge the batteries every three months or so... plus the UK licence you need to fly put me off so gave up with it but still have it sitting here complete in a custom case......
2021-11-20
Use props
jrandom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21532 ft
United States

T`Gellan Posted at 7-5 00:49
Hi,
Got some locked batteries, how do you activate them?
Thanks

Interesting, who knew this was even a thing. I would be curious to know the procedure as well?
2021-12-1
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

What happens about mavic air battery production?
2022-1-27
Use props
BSB7273
New

United States

This whole battery issue with the Mavic PB1's has really soured my thought about DJI as a company. If a company isn't going to stand behind their product and at the least support the manufacturing of the battery to run it, then maybe I should start searching for another drone manufacturer. I have three batteries, two of them locked, and sky-high inflation of what little stock is out there on Alibaba. I might just start recommending to all my fellow flyers to throw their support behind a new company.
2022-2-3
Use props
BSB7273
New

United States

This whole battery issue with the Mavic PB1's has really soured my thought about DJI as a company. If a company isn't going to stand behind their product and at the least support the manufacturing of the battery to run it, then maybe I should start searching for another drone manufacturer. I have three batteries, two of them locked, and sky-high inflation of what little stock is out there on Alibaba. I might just start recommending to all my fellow flyers to throw their support behind a new company.
2022-2-3
Use props
PappyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 343816 ft
United States

1.  Swollen Battery        
        12.35% (10)
2.  Voltage drops to 0        
        12.35% (10)
3.  No issues        
        70.37% (57)
4.  Swollen or Voltage drop, No damage landing, Recover Maviced Air        
        4.94% (4)
5.  Swollen or Voltage drop, Damaged or Lost Mavic Air        
        0.00% (0)
6.  Swollen or Voltage drop, No damage landing, Recover Maviced Air        
        0.00% (0)
2022-2-9
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18389 ft
Belgium

After some time of not flying, two out of three batteries just died. They're worthless and I might as well use them as paperweights. Combine that with the lack of new batteries and I'm really angry, but hey, as far as dji is concerned, they already have my money, so what do they care, right?
2022-5-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kingdark Posted at 5-18 06:08
After some time of not flying, two out of three batteries just died. They're worthless and I might as well use them as paperweights. Combine that with the lack of new batteries and I'm really angry, but hey, as far as dji is concerned, they already have my money, so what do they care, right?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know the SN of your battery? You may send it to us via PM. Besides, if it's under warranty period, we suggest you send it back for further testing. Sorry again for the pain.
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules