NEW ZOOM, HOW RESET THE HOME POINT WHEN IN FLIGHT?T
2276 19 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

Hi, my name is Tim, I have a new M2 ssom, and am used to flying the mini with the dji fly app, I downloaded he dji go 4 for he zoom, and am trying to figure out how to reset the homepoint when in flight, also, I dont have the audible voice saying the home point has been set? does the dji go 4 have this feature?
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The Mavic 2 series doesn't support this feature at the present and we don't have the option to either set it through DJI Go 4 app. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ignore the "advice" given by the 1st reply to your post.
You'd hope that moderators here would give good advice, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I downloaded he dji go 4 for the zoom, and am trying to figure out how to reset the homepoint when in flight, also, I dont have the audible voice saying the home point has been set? does the dji go 4 have this feature?

Yes, of course the DJI Go 4 app has that feature.
If you aren't hearing the mesage, it might be that your volume is turned down or sometimes the message gets lost with too many things happening at the same time.
But if you see the top of screen go green telling you that the drone is in P-GPS mode, you are good to go.

Click on the little quadcopter symbol to get to your app settings and the first item is Homepoint Settings
If you are using an Apple phone or tablet, the option to reset to the current location of the controller probably won't work.

But are you sure you really need to reset the homepoint?
It's something that very few users ever need to do.

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
2020-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-5 07:59
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The Mavic 2 series doesn't support this feature at the present and we don't have the option to either set it through DJI Go 4 app. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your understanding and support!

You should check your facts
2020-3-5
Use props
MoonDoggie59
lvl.3
United States

+1 Labroides   -1 DJI Gamora
Also, it won't show up unless you are connected to the aircraft
2020-3-5
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies, I finally figured out how to reset the homepoint in flight, but I still dont have the audible like I do on the Mini, but thats not a big deal. The reason I like to reset it, is I like to take off from under my porch, then fly out bout 30 ft and reset the homepoint, if I dont, it sets the home point to my roof,I guess I am just being lazy not walking out 30 ft and using the landing pad, but thanks for all your help, I appreciate it,Tim
2020-3-9
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

Hi, Labroides, after responding to you last, I got to thinking, I use my phone for the Mini, but my tablet for the zoom, so I went out and tried it again, only this time with the volume up???? go figure, must of been a brain fart, the audible works just fine. I usually have the volume down on my tabet. thanks again for your help,Tim
2020-3-9
Use props
MoonDoggie59
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-5 16:16
You'd hope that moderators here would give good advice, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I am one of the "few users" as I will explain.
In my line of work I often take video and still shots along water canals.
The longest one so far was 17.5 miles. Obviously, not all in one shot.
So as I am walking along I choose clear areas and reset my home point.
That way I trust that if something goes wrong I know my bird will go somewhere safe.
I also pay close attention to the height of the trees around and make sure my RTH height is sufficient.
I do not want my bird to fly all the way back to where I started either as it could keep it out of connection and I would have to walk all the way back to retrieve it.
I normally do not trust RTH and when it goes into RTH because of lost signal as soon as I can get signal back I take over manual control. I work in a very mountainous and forested environment so I have to take extra precautions and pay close attention to my surroundings. All in all I have been very fortunate as this has only happened a couple of times. But my Pappy always said "Better safe than sorry".
Cheers

2020-3-9
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

I absolutely trust the return to home, have used it over a hundred times on the mini, and at least fifty times on the zoom, perfect every time, as long as you have a good home point to land, I have never used the return homepoint being my controller though, always a hard point,Tim
2020-3-9
Use props
MoonDoggie59
lvl.3
United States

fans7e30011f Posted at 3-9 14:18
I absolutely trust the return to home, have used it over a hundred times on the mini, and at least fifty times on the zoom, perfect every time, as long as you have a good home point to land, I have never used the return homepoint being my controller though, always a hard point,Tim

Like I say, I work in rough mountainous, forested area with power lines and trees with no leaves.
Sometimes I have move around to keep connection and I have learned to trust my own piloting over OA.
2020-3-9
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7e30011f Posted at 3-9 13:53
Thanks for the replies, I finally figured out how to reset the homepoint in flight, but I still dont have the audible like I do on the Mini, but thats not a big deal. The reason I like to reset it, is I like to take off from under my porch, then fly out bout 30 ft and reset the homepoint, if I dont, it sets the home point to my roof,I guess I am just being lazy not walking out 30 ft and using the landing pad, but thanks for all your help, I appreciate it,Tim

Why not just take off under your porch then land 30' away, set new waypoint and fly away.?
2020-3-9
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

usually I dont have a landing pad on the grass, so I prefer to just set the home point above the grass, that way I can cancel rth and manually land it on the porch. Tim
2020-3-9
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I wonder in what world does some DJI Moderators live in.... they just can't give a correct or useful answer....
2020-3-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans7e30011f Posted at 3-9 16:51
usually I dont have a landing pad on the grass, so I prefer to just set the home point above the grass, that way I can cancel rth and manually land it on the porch. Tim

The Home Point does not have a height component, it is position only.
2020-3-9
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

yes but if I take off from under the porch, and do a rth, it would land on the roof?
2020-3-10
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560472 ft
Australia

This is a load of rubbish. If I didn't know better I'd assume you are a bot!
2020-3-17
Use props
canalcoholic
New

United Kingdom

I downsized from a Yuneec Typhoon to a Mavic 2 Zoom.  I use my drone mostly from canal boats.  The Typhoon simply returned to a point about 8 feet from the controller, which worked fine for me.  Returning to a point which might be a mile or two up the canal/river, and which now over water as opposed to over a boat deck, is no use to me whatsoever.  It should be a simple matter for DJI to fix, if the will to do so is there.
2020-4-26
Use props
CrashampBurn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

What? Wrong planet
2020-4-28
Use props
CrashampBurn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-5 16:16

I do it all the time while hiking...
2020-4-28
Use props
CrashampBurn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TRiPWiRE Posted at 3-17 13:30
This is a load of rubbish. If I didn't know better I'd assume you are a bot!

no, can't be a bot hahahaa
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules