Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hover and shoot
786 2 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0a3bdd7f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there all,

Where we operate we have low light conditions in the winter which means flight speeds need to be slow and altitudes high to avoid blur. I often use PIX4D capture as it allows you to stop to take each shot, this is really important for us. Does anyone know a work around with the RTK GS ap, as this function seems to be missing?

Also other stuff...

1. I can't find any info anywhere on how to use the different flight modes, eg 3D Photogrammetry (Multi orientated) and linear flight mission

2.  I can't find any info anywhere on the distortion correction function within camera settings

Help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

John
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

Hey mate,

Unfortunately you are not likely to get any information out of DJI on how to use each individual flight mode.  Here is a brief description of those currently available:

- 2D Mapping, uses KML polygon imported via Micro SD Card to controller.  KML has to be in a folder DJI/KML/example.kml.
- 3D Mapping (double-grid), uses KML polygon imported via Micro SD Card to controller.  KML has to be in a folder DJI/KML/example.kml.  Creates 2 flights over the same area, with the camera angled to provide oblique imagery (forget the exact degree)
- 3D Mapping (multi orientated), uses KML polygon imported via Micro SD Card to controller.  KML has to be in a folder DJI/KML/example.kml.  Creates 5 flights over the same area.  1st flight is top down and can be created at a different altitude.  Remaining 4 flights are, for example, east-west, west-east, north-south and south-north.  And provide oblique imagery.  
- Linear flight plan, uses KML polyline imported via Micro SD Card to controller.  KML has to be in a folder DJI/KML/example.kml.  Creates a flight plan along the polyline.  You can specify width left and right of polyline and a polygon is created in the software.  You can also set your cutting distance, which is how long each section is.  I think the max is 2km.

2.  Distortion correction.  DJI suggest having this turned off, however, we have always turned it on and have never had any negative effects when processing.

In terms of what you are trying to do to capture crisper images by stopping at each photo, you can do that with the P4RTK.  It does require the purchase of the SDK controller so you can run GS Pro.  But it can be done.

Hope this helps.
2020-3-5
Use props
fans0a3bdd7f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI4Survey Posted at 3-5 13:22
Hey mate,

Unfortunately you are not likely to get any information out of DJI on how to use each individual flight mode.  Here is a brief description of those currently available:

Thanks for the reply.

Shame the fairly basic function of stop to shoot requires a separate RC.

Bloody DJI!

2020-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules