9610 8 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello! Hope somebody from DJI team will see my post. Just a simple question - which color profile using Mavic Mini? Seems it's close to Rec.2020. I think it's not Rec.709 which DJI Spark uses.
P.S. And very waiting for manual video settings inc. WB and shutter.
2020-3-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Would be good info to have for sure...
I heard it was Rec.709 before but not sure really, personally hoping for a flat profile for more control in color correction and grading
2020-3-6
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

IMO, its Rec.709, but with a slightly reduced default contrast, which gives a small margin in highlights and shadows for post-processing. But I would like to have a normal D-Cinelike, its possibilities in post-processing are wider.
2020-3-6
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 3-6 10:47
IMO, its Rec.709, but with a slightly reduced default contrast, which gives a small margin in highlights and shadows for post-processing. But I would like to have a normal D-Cinelike, its possibilities in post-processing are wider.

I tried some REC2020 to REC709 conversion LUTs and it gives me very vivid and plausible image. Spark gives very plausible image straight out of the camera. When I see greenish image usually It's REC2020 or something like this. I don't know why editing software and players didn't recognize color spaces automatically... Interesting to know, which of color profile Minic uses. Because usually for UHD/4K videos the BT2020 is a standart but here is 1080/2.7k only and standard is BT709. I agreed that picture is very good for color correction, it's not over-contrasted and not over-saturated. All on their places. Except no possibility to lock WB ))

This is before / and after converting to Rec.709.
Untitled_1.2.2.jpg

After

After
2020-3-6
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Pashi Posted at 3-6 11:36
I tried some REC2020 to REC709 conversion LUTs and it gives me very vivid and plausible image. Spark gives very plausible image straight out of the camera. When I see greenish image usually It's REC2020 or something like this. I don't know why editing software and players didn't recognize color spaces automatically... Interesting to know, which of color profile Minic uses. Because usually for UHD/4K videos the BT2020 is a standart but here is 1080/2.7k only and standard is BT709. I agreed that picture is very good for color correction, it's not over-contrasted and not over-saturated. All on their places. Except no possibility to lock WB ))
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/202003/06/113930anc43j4eff7nr3pp.jpg[/img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/202003/06/113932syqryuucamh86z0g.jpg[/img]
This is before / and after converting to Rec.709.

I am sorry, your "after" from some other planet, not from Earth ...
2020-3-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Try to use this  
2020-3-6
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 3-6 12:39
I am sorry, your "after" from some other planet, not from Earth ...

This is why I want to know which profile it is using. "After" is more realistic for me (if kill some saturation) than "Before". I know how these things looks in real life.

2020-3-6
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

I have to agree that the "after" photo (the one on the bottom) is unnatural and over saturated. On a snowy, gray, cloudy day, things don't look colorful.   But if that's the look you like, then that's great.  It definitely has a neat look to it.

For me, even the Mini's default colors are too unnatural.  I have a problem with yellowish winter grass turns magically green through the Mini's eyes.  Same with cedar trees.  Yellow/brownish winter color looks green.  It's probably a white balance problem because happens more in shady areas.  When it happens, it's almost like it has magic "spring time" mode.
2020-3-8
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

Corger Posted at 3-8 07:31
Yellow/brownish winter color looks green.

I believe it's because of BT2020 profile used for video.

2020-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules