focus issues
960 10 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

having massive issues with this drone... the first one I bought I had to send back due to a problem with the radio controller, I've just had to send back a battery which developed a fault after one cycle and almost fried the replacement zoom that I bought after the first failure. Now, the second unit which I've had for a short amount of time seems to have issues with focus, and it's intermittent.

Quite often it will only focus in one small part of the focal length, in other words, when i zoom right in it's blurry as, when i zoom right out it's blurry as, somewhere in the middle of that it will find focus. But only sometimes...

As for the 48mp high res function, it's a lost cause on this machine right now, and it, along with it's ability to zoom in, are the only reasons I bought this drone, as I'm doing inspection work, which up until now was just with a p4pro. Every time I try to use the 48mp high res composite function all I get it a blurry mess, maybe I'm doing something wrong? but I cannot see what that is.

Yesterday, I reformatted the sd card, reset the camera and refreshed the firmware, when I tested this the zoom appeared to be working, I could zoom in and focus, then I tried taking a 48mp photo, it came out looking like crap, blurry, and also seemed to trip the camera out again so that it did the weird limited focus thing again. So I tried resetting the camera, but it did not help.

As I type I'm trying to downgrade the firmware, in the hope that the previous version may be more stable.

I'm tempted to say that the QC appears to be going out the window on Dji products, but to be fair, i have had faults with major investments in their products  previously, that took posting to china and then waiting a year on a firmware fix on one of their flagship 'professional' gimbals.

I really don't want to have to send this unit off to Dji, any suggestions on how to fix this myself would be greatly appreciated
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well what ever it is it should get sorted, can you post some video and photos so we can see what the problem is like.
I have a zoom with no problems like this, so it should be the same for you, also the SD card your using and settings .
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a short sample video footage from the SD card for us to check and assist you better. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-5
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-5 15:15
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a short sample video footage from the SD card for us to check and assist you better. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

i took some screen recordings on my phone that are mp4 but can't see any way to upload them on this forum, what am I missing?
2020-3-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

punkie Posted at 3-8 15:57
i took some screen recordings on my phone that are mp4 but can't see any way to upload them on this forum, what am I missing?

You can't upload video clips here. You should upload them to YouTube first , then come back here and post a link to the YouTube video.
2020-3-8
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 3-8 16:37
You can't upload video clips here. You should upload them to YouTube first , then come back here and post a link to the YouTube video.

thanks... how annoying
2020-3-8
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

ok... first vid is trying to unlock geofencing.

2020-3-9
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

and then here the zoom wheel seems to be controlling focus instead of zoom...

2020-3-9
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

and here is just me resetting camera and formatting sd card to see if it fixes the problem.

2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

punkie Posted at 3-9 14:15
ok... first vid is trying to unlock geofencing.

https://youtu.be/QBZnI_DSAFg

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for the additional information. Based on the videos provided. After downgrading the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, I would recommend to please update the firmware to the most recent version and please reset the camera settings. With regards to the NFZ concern, I would recommend to please contact our DJI Fly Safe department via email at ( flysafe@dji.com ) to check the cause of the issue regarding the NFZ. In addition, If the issue will still persists after these troubleshooting steps. I would recommend you to please send in the said drone for further diagnosis and assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for understanding.
2020-3-10
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-10 08:34
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for the additional information. Based on the videos provided. After downgrading the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, I would recommend to please update the firmware to the most recent version and please reset the camera settings. With regards to the NFZ concern, I would recommend to please contact our DJI Fly Safe department via email at (  ) to check the cause of the issue regarding the NFZ. In addition, If the issue will still persists after these troubleshooting steps. I would recommend you to please send in the said drone for further diagnosis and assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for understanding.

I'll have more of a play around in assistant 2 I tried downgrading the firmware recently but it kept aborting, I'll keep trying.... It was unlocking from that exact position and flying wen I first posted. It was only when I went to make the screen recordings that it begun  with that error
2020-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules