Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro Unstable and flying like crazy
1578 8 2020-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdfbe21cc
Second Officer
Israel

Environment:
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
Active track ( Trace )
I have calibrated the IMU
I have calibrated the compassFirmware updated to the latest ( as of the date this post is written )

Problem at hand
- When flying in active tracking mode, occasionally, the Drone is rapidly going back and forth from teh tracking target, and sortof jumping in place ( as if one of the engines loose power ), at times, it rapidly/agressively fly back to the position where it has been lunched from.
- This doesn't happen at most times
- When I turn off active track and manually control the Drone the problem dis-appear

Has this happened to anyone else?
Is there anything I should to to have that fixed?

2020-3-6
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Where are you using the active track? are there reflective surfaces there? Sounds like the active track is losing track and then re-engaging the target.
2020-3-6
Use props
fansdfbe21cc
Second Officer
Israel

SPIKE_151 Posted at 3-6 02:42
Where are you using the active track? are there reflective surfaces there? Sounds like the active track is losing track and then re-engaging the target.

this is how it looks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGaj-VaXPFI
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? Did you noticed any error messages when you are encountering this issue? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-6
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

I think Spike is on to it.
I was seeing a lot of sun flares in the video, and yes, this can cause "system vision issues",
like it sometimes happens when flying facing/toward the sun, you can get obstacle avoidance issues..
2020-3-6
Use props
fansdfbe21cc
Second Officer
Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-6 08:55
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? Did you noticed any error messages when you are encountering this issue? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Nope, no hard landing... the worst it did is grinding few leaves but nothing scerios...

When in manual mode all is working as expected... its only when in active track...
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansdfbe21cc Posted at 3-6 09:53
Nope, no hard landing... the worst it did is grinding few leaves but nothing scerios...

When in manual mode all is working as expected... its only when in active track...

I am sorry to know that the issue still persistent after the troubleshooting step. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try flying the said drone into a different location with less interference and check if the GPS is stable while using the ActiveTrack mode. In addition, I will be posting additional information on how to properly use the DJI ActiveTrack 2.0 function for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-3-7
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

After watching the video , another thing springs to mind, I have seen drones act like that when the compass calibration is thrown out by and iron source nearby, often its rebar in concrete that does it, but in your case it maybe iron rich content in those rocks, but they look like sandstone so the iron content should be low. Did you calibrate the compass before flying? Flycaster is probably right as well, bright sunlight into the forward facing vision sensors can lead to erratic behavoir in the drones motion.
2020-3-9
Use props
Matman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

I had this same behavior in the desert and also in a more populated area, so no rhyme or reason for it that I can see.
2020-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules