o(^-^)o
Krrisstoff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi.

I have a request to you.

I recently had an unpleasant situation with my Mavic 2 Pro controller. During one packet, the controller discharged to 20%. Earlier, the battery was enough for three packages. I connect the P30pro to the controller and, as most certainly know, the controller charges the phone from the machine.

After this fact, I did the following tests without connecting to the drone:

1. The first test controller + P30pro in 10 minutes consumed 16%
2. The second test the controller without a phone in 10 minutes consumed 7%
3. Third test controller + Iphone 7 in 10 min consumed 8%
4. The fourth test controller + P30pro in 10 min consumed 15%

Clearly the fault lies with the controller and in principle the controller is connected to the p30pro. The battery in the controller drops extremely when charging. In my opinion, the fault lies with the battery, which under load falls at a rapid pace.

Could someone check how much battery drains without connecting the phone in 10 minutes? Will it also be at 7-8%? I don't know if I should go with the warranty procedure or not.

I will add that I have currently switched to Iphone 7. Last flight two packages and the controller has discharged to 60%.

Thanks in advance for help in diagnosing.
2020-3-7
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

On Android phones you can designate a USB connection to default to another option like using the connection to transfer files and this will not charge your phone's battery.

A quick search found this:
https://www.addictivetips.com/android/how-to-set-the-default-usb-connection-type-in-android-6-0/
You will have to enable developer options. I seem to recall you do this by scrolling to the bottom of Settings and tapping the About button 8 times.

On my Samsung phones, once developer options are enabled, I can pull down the top menu and select how to use the USB connection.
2020-3-7
Use props
Krrisstoff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Marty Markoe Posted at 3-7 05:53
On Android phones you can designate a USB connection to default to another option like using the connection to transfer files and this will not charge your phone's battery.

A quick search found this:

I turned on the programmer mode, however, in the power options, if I change to anything else, it disconnects the controller for a moment and returns to charging. It doesn't work for me ...
2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules