Drone delivery of laboratory specimens
1805 2 2020-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
red squirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

Does anyone have any resources to suggest for someone looking to explore developing a drone delivery program of medical specimens to a community hospital laboratory in the US?  A few places have done it but appear to have outsourced to UPS.  We’re trying to develop using a more homegrown approach with a very limited scope, mostly just to start to understand the landscape for future application once it becomes more commonplace and have approached a few consulting firms to help develop the program but the costs are prohibitive.  We understand the regulations involved and the waivers that would be required plus the restrictions of our airspace, currently have one part 107 certified pilot and one former commercial airline pilot involved in helping to structure this program but it appears that obtaining part 135 is a really big deal as are the BVLOS and operations over people waivers that require expertise beyond our capabilities to explore.  I understand there are reasons this use case is not widespread and the consulting expertise is so expensive but we’re looking to get our feet wet without spending 6 figures and would appreciate any guidance toward resources we haven’t considered.  Thanks!
2020-3-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day red squirrel. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter and who had undergone this program. In addition I will be posting an official DJI Video on DJI - Delivering the Future of Healthcare. Thank you.

2020-3-9
Use props
red squirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing this inspiring video.  The applications of drones in the medical world first got me interested in this wonderful technology.  In my rural area, it could have a major impact in access to care; however, I have discovered that regulatory barriers to entry are prohibitive.  Any guidance is much appreciated!
2020-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules