Mavic Mini Range Extender Review (Spoiler, they're amazing)
8953 7 2020-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrewAdkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

First of all, I am not sponsored or recieving any commission off of this post, I just wanted to share something with the flying community that solved my frustrations.

If you're like me and live in a crowded area, flying your Mavic Mini past 500ft is practically impossible. I looked online for a solution and found these: https://www.amazon.com/RCGEEK-Extender-Foldable-Compatible-Controller/dp/B0757LZ9J8

It doesn't extend the range past what the drone is rated for but sort of focuses the incoming and outgoing signals to prevent interruption.
For $10 this device is amazing, you slip it over the controller reciever and transmitters, and that's it! I went from not being able to fly 500ft out without a transmission interruption to now being able to go 4000ft+

I am amazed by how much a small piece of plastic works, I thought it was just a gimmick but it definetly isn't. Give it a tru!
2020-3-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DrewAdkins. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your experience in using the Range Extender for the DJI Mavic Mini. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic Mini or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-3-7
Use props
DrewAdkins
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-7 12:53
Hello and good day DrewAdkins. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your experience in using the Range Extender for the DJI Mavic Mini. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic Mini or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Thanks for your input, however them being quickly attachable and detachable, even if it WERE to cause a problem, I don't see it being too hard to just yank them off. How about fixing the problem so we don't have to as consumers.
2020-3-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far I only have the MP, but thanks for the tip!
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DrewAdkins Posted at 3-8 06:39
Thanks for your input, however them being quickly attachable and detachable, even if it WERE to cause a problem, I don't see it being too hard to just yank them off. How about fixing the problem so we don't have to as consumers.

Thank you for the additional information you have provided and for your valued insights with regards to this matter DrewAdkins. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-3-9
Use props
Roy Rogers \\
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

My Mavic Mini will do >2500ft in a heavy Wi-Fi area . If yours only does 500ft I'd have to think your doing something wrong. DJI Stephen was just trying to say using 3rd party stuff might cause unexpected problems and if it does you'll be out a drone .
2020-3-9
Use props
DrewAdkins
lvl.3
United States

Roy Rogers \\ Posted at 3-9 14:05
My Mavic Mini will do >2500ft in a heavy Wi-Fi area . If yours only does 500ft I'd have to think your doing something wrong. DJI Stephen was just trying to say using 3rd party stuff might cause unexpected problems and if it does you'll be out a drone .

I wasn't trying to come off rude first of all, sorry if it seemed that way. I was just saying that in my particular case they helped alot. I can do 2500 feet too, just not without the choppy image transmission, I get nervous when I lose that.

What would I be doing wrong?
2020-3-10
Use props
Roy Rogers \\
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

DrewAdkins Posted at 3-10 14:30
I wasn't trying to come off rude first of all, sorry if it seemed that way. I was just saying that in my particular case they helped alot. I can do 2500 feet too, just not without the choppy image transmission, I get nervous when I lose that.

What would I be doing wrong?

I get that ,Happy Flying
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules