Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to charge batteries
698 7 2020-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ronny123
lvl.1

Netherlands

I just picked up a phantom 4 with an extra battery, brand new in the box.
I unpacked and started charging the controller and the battery, but started after a bit to suspect something was wrong with the battery as there was no indication of any charge progress.
Unpacked the second battery and same behaviour.. started browsing on the internet and holding the button for 5secs lights up all 4 leds, so battery should be good.
But pressing one time and then a second time for two seconds to power on the battery the four leds lights up in sequence but then the battery goes black.

When i connect the charger i see the led far away from the button blink 12 times and then it goes dark.

have had it in the charger for 5hours, and still no change.

What can i do? was really looking forward to play with this this weekend :\
2020-3-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Return.  No telling how long they have been warehoused.
2020-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to further review and to isolate the problem? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-3-8
Use props
Ronny123
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-8 12:52
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to further review and to isolate the problem? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/X2R9g6OlP-c

Heres a video of me showing the issue
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ronny123 Posted at 3-9 08:03
https://youtu.be/X2R9g6OlP-c

Heres a video of me showing the issue

Hi, thank you for your prompt reply. I was able to verify the video that you had provided and it  seems that there would be a hardware malfunction on the batteries that you have. Therefore, I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket. We do have our professional team who will conduct a diagnostics to find out the reason of the problem. Corresponding resolution will be provided on your email once we receive the items. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-3-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It could be that both batteries are too discharged and cannot be saved.

Besides what DJI Gamora and Alabama advised above, re the first battery, you might try turning the battery on immediately after you begin charging.  It's possible the charging process would continue correctly but probably not likely.  To turn on:  Push button in, let button out, push button in and hold for two secs, let button out.  

Re the second battery, it may be in hibernation mode.  The procedure is you're supposed to try to "wake it up" by pushing the button on the battery, letting it sit five minutes without touching it, then begin charging it.  If the battery was actually in hibernation mode, supposedly it would then begin to charge.  However, I don't believe I've ever read a single post by anybody where this actually worked.  

Even if one of them did charge up, you'd want to check it out to be sure the cells are balanced and there isn't some fatal problem.  

Good luck
2020-3-9
Use props
Ronny123
lvl.1

United States

Thanks guys, i've been in touch with support, but needed some serialnumbers to get further with them.

Since posting the video i went out and bought a third battery from the store.
It was behaving the exact same way as the first two did, now one of the first two batteries died after beeing in the charger for several hours.

And this third batteri was also not lighting up the leds properly when i connected the charger, and after an hour in the charger i started reconnecting the battery and also pressing the button to turn it on, check status and so on, and meanwhile doing this, this battery also died....
I've tried turning them on right before and right after connecting the charger several times without any luck.

So now i have two completely dead batteries and one that doesnt seem to charge.
I start to suspect its the charger that is killing these batteries?
And boy.. troubleshooting this is expensive and really not what i would expect from a brand like DJI.
2020-3-10
Use props
Ronny123
lvl.1

Norway

Just to follow up, the third battery was replaced by the dealer, and this fourth battery is charging and im able to fly my drone =)
So charger is OK, but long storaged batteries have to little power left that they wont charge and will eventually be completely dead.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules