Continued Issues with Mavic Air Controller
686 5 2020-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lawsongx
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I've encountered a strange problem with my Mavic Air controller. I've had to send my controller twice now once for my antennas going loose and now for the issue, I'll be discussing.

I just received my Controller back on Friday and went out this morning to test. The problem I'm encountering is the controller not connecting to the drone through a wired connection. I'll connect to my phone ( google pixel 3a) through a wired connection and in-app it will say that the RC is connected but after that, it won't allow me to go fly. It simply will prompt me to enter the device, walk me through connecting through a wired connect say the linking is successful and then loop back into the cycle endlessly.

I've tried using various USB cables, even going out to buy a new one to test for it to work. The strangest thing about this is if I switch to wifi connection it works fine, I'll be able to connect to my phone and fly. I've tested my Mavic Air with other devices to get it to link through a wired connection ( iPad mini, iPhone 6) and it would not connect through a wired connection. The most frustrating thing is I was able to test my Mavic air with a friends controller and it works perfectly fine connecting.

Honestly, I'm at a point of major frustration and wondering if anyone else has encountered anything so bizarre. Right now I'm biding my time until I can call DJI support when they're open on Monday to seak some sort of answers or reconciliation.

Thanks to anyone that can potentially help.
2020-3-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Which port on the RC are you using to connect to your phone, the side micro-a usb or bottom usb port ?
The micro-a usb port on the side could be damaged, the tab inside is often bent or broken off, try the large usb port on the bottom.
If the micro-a usb port is damaged your toast as you won't be able to charge the RC

Does the RC connect to the drone without a phone linked to the RC, e.g. can you fly it without using a phone ?
You can test this by operating the gimbal control wheel on the RC to see if the AC camera responds.

2020-3-8
Use props
Lawsongx
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 3-8 15:24
Which port on the RC are you using to connect to your phone, the side micro-a usb or bottom usb port ?
The micro-a usb port on the side could be damaged, the tab inside is often bent or broken off, try the large usb port on the bottom.
If the micro-a usb port is damaged your toast as you won't be able to charge the RC

I've used both the side port and the bottom port. Don't think it's the side ports damaged since It's currently charging through it. I just tested to see if I could get the drone to connect to the RC without a phone and it didn't work either
2020-3-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lawsongx Posted at 3-8 15:40
I've used both the side port and the bottom port. Don't think it's the side ports damaged since It's currently charging through it. I just tested to see if I could get the drone to connect to the RC without a phone and it didn't work either

Have you tried these two binding methods

How far do you get with each ?

2020-3-8
Use props
Blake Wubwub
New

United States

Hello, i am posting on here because apparently i cannot make my own thread. However my drone recently flew right into a building after clicking RETURN TO HOME. What happened is: I flew the drone.. manually brought it to hover 4 feet above the HOME landing station. I clicked RETURN TO HOME and then the drone shot up 80 feet into the air and went about 20 or 30 feet forward (away from home) into a building and fell. Do you think this is covered by DJI warranty?
2020-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Blake Wubwub Posted at 3-12 10:21
Hello, i am posting on here because apparently i cannot make my own thread. However my drone recently flew right into a building after clicking RETURN TO HOME. What happened is: I flew the drone.. manually brought it to hover 4 feet above the HOME landing station. I clicked RETURN TO HOME and then the drone shot up 80 feet into the air and went about 20 or 30 feet forward (away from home) into a building and fell. Do you think this is covered by DJI warranty?

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and thank you for sharing your informative insights on what happened. I would recommend for you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter.  Please note that DJI will not be able to perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period of the drone. Otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your valued support.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules