Mini wifi connection
10547 14 2020-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

I know the Mini doesn't need an Internet connection on the fly. does my phone need to have Wi-Fi enabled? Can I fly without wifi connection? sorry confusing question google translator
2020-3-9
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

All the data is exchanged with USB OTG cable, you can and should turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off on your phone while using the Mini. While it isn't necessarily gaining you big range it can at least mitigate some interference problem since your phone is the closes source of interference for the receiver, the Remote Control.
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini doesn't required a WiFi to fly with. Also, we highly recommend to turn off the WiFi once flying to avoid any possible interference. You may enable the WiFi once you there is an new update for the application (DJI FLY). Thank you for your valued support!
2020-3-9
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

No WiFi needed whatsoever
2020-3-9
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

Just a beginner's question, people have been saying to turn off WIFI when flying the mini, but do we need to turn off 4G as well?

Is there scientific logic behind turning off 4G connection to reduce WIFI interference?

Thanks in advance.
2020-3-10
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

m80116 Posted at 3-9 05:26
All the data is exchanged with USB OTG cable, you can and should turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off on your phone while using the Mini. While it isn't necessarily gaining you big range it can at least mitigate some interference problem since your phone is the closes source of interference for the receiver, the Remote Control.

2020-3-10
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-9 07:44
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini doesn't required a WiFi to fly with. Also, we highly recommend to turn off the WiFi once flying to avoid any possible interference. You may enable the WiFi once you there is an new update for the application (DJI FLY). Thank you for your valued support!

2020-3-10
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 3-10 01:35
Just a beginner's question, people have been saying to turn off WIFI when flying the mini, but do we need to turn off 4G as well?

Is there scientific logic behind turning off 4G connection to reduce WIFI interference?

Just put your phone in flight mode. It will turn off all radios from your phone that can inteefear with your drone signal. Yiou don't want to take a call while flying.
2020-3-10
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

JohnDG Posted at 3-10 04:38
Just put your phone in flight mode. It will turn off all radios from your phone that can inteefear with your drone signal. Yiou don't want to take a call while flying.

2020-3-10
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

Found this on the web:

"It's technically impossible for Wi-Fi to interfere with cellular connectivity because each technology runs on different frequencies. Cellular service is delivered over licensed spectrum, meaning that your service provider owns its specific frequency range, to ensure they can provide service without interference."

Does this mean all we need to switch off is WIFI and Bluetooth (as per what DJI suggested in their response) but we can maintain 4G (thus still able to download the map)?
2020-3-11
Use props
Incaorchid
lvl.1

United States

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 3-11 22:46
Found this on the web:

"It's technically impossible for Wi-Fi to interfere with cellular connectivity because each technology runs on different frequencies. Cellular service is delivered over licensed spectrum, meaning that your service provider owns its specific frequency range, to ensure they can provide service without interference."

This question could use an answer
2020-3-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 3-11 22:46
Found this on the web:

"It's technically impossible for Wi-Fi to interfere with cellular connectivity because each technology runs on different frequencies. Cellular service is delivered over licensed spectrum, meaning that your service provider owns its specific frequency range, to ensure they can provide service without interference."

'Does this mean all we need to switch off is WIFI and Bluetooth (as per what DJI suggested in their response) but we can maintain 4G (thus still able to download the map)?'

4G will not affect the operation of trhe drone at all, but you need to ask if you want your session interrupted by an incoming phone call.
2020-3-14
Use props
Incaorchid
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 3-14 14:58
'Does this mean all we need to switch off is WIFI and Bluetooth (as per what DJI suggested in their response) but we can maintain 4G (thus still able to download the map)?'

4G will not affect the operation of trhe drone at all, but you need to ask if you want your session interrupted by an incoming phone call.
So then, DO NOT DISTURB should be switched on in lieu of AIRPLANE mode?
2020-3-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Incaorchid Posted at 3-16 04:52
So then, DO NOT DISTURB should be switched on in lieu of AIRPLANE mode?

Perhaps, but you can cache the maps before you fly and then put the phone in 'airplane' mode, or 'aeroplane' as the rest of the world would call it.
2020-3-16
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I do disable WIFI but I tether my iPad Mini 4 to my cellular iPhone with Bluetooth so the Google Map window will work.  No problem so far, I regularly fly over 2000 ft away and up to 400 ft.
2020-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules