Mavic Pro 2 Flyaway [CAS-4057447-L8Q6H7]
1395 7 2020-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asage
lvl.1

United States

After purchasing the mavic pro 2 Feb 27th and receiving it March 2nd, not even a full week of having the drone and it's already missing!! I used to own the original Mavic Pro and I am very familiar with how to fly the drone. I flew it a few times around my house and wanted to take it to LA. I looked up flight laws and regulations and found an area that was okay to fly in. After flying for about 21 minutes, it showed the battery was at about 20% and so I hit the return home button so I can swap it out with another battery. I always make sure to watch carefully as it comes back home to correct any issues it may have, which I have noticed it's not as accurate as the original Mavic at landing exactly where it took off. Anyways, it wasn't even a full 30 seconds after I hit return home that the camera displayed nothing but grey, like a close up of something. I could not move the drone or move the gimbal of the camera. I couldn't do anything! It never returned and just disconnected. I spent more than 5 hours looking for it, speaking with management of all the businesses and apartments in the local area to check their rooftops and there was nothing. Sadly, DJI seems like a huge and successful company that would have customer service on the weekends but they do not. Thankfully I purchased DJI CARE REFRESH before the incident, but I don't think that matters in their eyes as their trying to pin it as user error so no replacements can be fulfilled. I sent them my flight data, dji care number, amazon purchase date and order info, map of where the drone flew and where it disappeared but I am still anxiously awaiting an answer. When I press find my drone, it still shows it in LA but i know that isn't updated and just the last time the remote was connected to the drone. I put more than 2k into this in less than a week and it is gone! And it is not even my fault! If you don't want to replace it, then help me locate it. If this isn't going to be replaced, especially after buying their insurance, I will return everything else I have and never buy a DJI product again.

Has this happened to anyone before? what did they do? Where a drone just disconnected and was GONE! I'm still in pain over that traumatic experience. All I could do was look at my phone worried and wondering what was happening. I mean surely if the app is malfunctioning then the drone will still return home right? Nope.
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi asage, we are so sorry for your loss, DJI Care Refresh will not cover loss or partial loss, that is, the drone must be retrieved and sent back. The data analysis has been submitted in your case and our team will contact you as soon as possible once the data analysis is finished, the proper resolution will be provided according to the result, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-3-9
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

asage,

I have read other cases in a similar situation, and DJI handles each case differently. Some cases, they send you a coupon to buy a new one at a discount, others they send you a new one at no cost to you, it depends on what the data shows. Dealing with them can be a huge nightmare, but be fair, give them time to process your inquiry and find a resolution that works for you. Let us know how you make out.
2020-3-10
Use props
asage
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-9 18:28
Hi asage, we are so sorry for your loss, DJI Care Refresh will not cover loss or partial loss, that is, the drone must be retrieved and sent back. The data analysis has been submitted in your case and our team will contact you as soon as possible once the data analysis is finished, the proper resolution will be provided according to the result, please wait patiently, thank you.

I finally got a response and was told no replacement would be given and they blamed it on piloted error by flying it in bad wind conditions!! There was no wind that night! I sent them over the weather data of those exact coordinates, showing that wind never was more than 5mph. Now they’re blaming it on pilot error because RTH was canceled. I stated that the remote dropped signal several times anywhere from 17.9 seconds to 33 seconds and the sensors weren’t working. The entire last 30% I had no visual feed and constantly was hitting the return home button. They said a warning to RTH would have occurred prompting a 10 second count down but those never appeared either. Apparently hitting the RTH button after it’s already RTH will cancel it. That’s why it would start and immediately cancel over and over. If you look at the data, not every movement on the joysticks caused a reaction on the drone. Some were indeed late and the drone was flying backwards too apparently. The drone was stuck!
F1F2E53B-E75C-4F29-B716-0F3F9060649E.png
D84EFD12-65EA-400B-9D90-AE8FF177AD1E.jpeg
6BE95988-3C0B-4C38-B281-7AB623232647.png
2020-3-13
Use props
asage
lvl.1

United States

SupBro Posted at 3-10 10:56
asage,

I have read other cases in a similar situation, and DJI handles each case differently. Some cases, they send you a coupon to buy a new one at a discount, others they send you a new one at no cost to you, it depends on what the data shows. Dealing with them can be a huge nightmare, but be fair, give them time to process your inquiry and find a resolution that works for you. Let us know how you make out.

I finally got a response and was told no replacement would be given and they blamed it on piloted error by flying it in bad wind conditions!! There was no wind that night! I sent them over the weather data of those exact coordinates, showing that wind never was more than 5mph. Now they’re blaming it on pilot error because RTH was canceled. I stated that the remote dropped signal several times anywhere from 17.9 seconds to 33 seconds and the sensors weren’t working. The entire last 30% I had no visual feed and constantly was hitting the return home button. They said a warning to RTH would have occurred prompting a 10 second count down but those never appeared either. Apparently hitting the RTH button after it’s already RTH will cancel it. That’s why it would start and immediately cancel over and over. If you look at the data, not every movement on the joysticks caused a reaction on the drone. There were many errors and warnings I didn’t receive and proving an Mechanical issue.
12F1422E-BA33-445B-8A2B-6B2021752BCB.png
42A53A77-55CB-443F-B90B-20069B34554F.png
BF91DF36-D705-4B23-A627-367204B99F5D.jpeg
4CB53527-72ED-4F77-AE15-188AB4B69BDF.jpeg
2020-3-13
Use props
asage
lvl.1

United States

2020-3-13
Use props
asage
lvl.1

United States

7A09291C-E124-403C-8539-49D1A195CA03.jpeg
D85C5C73-59C2-47EA-ACA8-D8B02B0767B1.png
EA2673E0-C078-409B-894F-360C363A4EC0.png
2020-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to know the warranty service was not provided in your case, your concern has been escalated to the  appropriate department for further follow-up, we will have someone to contact you after verification, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules