Bucking Bronco !
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and today I noticed that whenever I selected RTH, the drone would start to 'buck' as it was returning home.   I have replaced all props with brand new ones and check all motors and all appear to be ok.   I also tested flying the drone out and returning manually and no issues with a very smooth flight.    As soon as I enabled RTH, the drone would head back to me and start 'bucking' again.
The firmware is the latest for both the aircraft and the controller and the only time the 'bucking bronco' appears when I enable RTH.

Has anybody else come across this at all ?
2020-3-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like it's happy to be headed home!
2020-3-10
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 3-10 03:34
Sounds like it's happy to be headed home!

It may be happy but it doesnt sound that great.
2020-3-10
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Flying against the wind/gusts? Losing satellite connections briefly? Have you checked the logs via AirData for any warnings, etc?
2020-3-10
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

EFRPIC Posted at 3-10 11:30
Flying against the wind/gusts? Losing satellite connections briefly? Have you checked the logs via AirData for any warnings, etc?

Will check the logs, however, there was nil wind on this occasion and as stated, it only happens when RTH is enabled .
2020-3-10
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying into direct sunlight,  the Obstacle Avoidance kicks in.....stop/start  stop again......

Randy
2020-3-26
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

So an update on our Bucking Bronco Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.

We sent our M2ED back to DJI for further investigation and a loan M2ED was sent out to us to use in the meantime.  We linked the loan M2ED to our smart controller and launched to around 200mtrs away from take of point.   Activated RTH and same thing occurred as with our M2ED in that it started bucking wildly as it RTH'd to us.   It was suggested to us that it may be getting caused by our smart controller so I then linked the loan M2ED to the standard controller and launched again, guess what ??? same thing the bucking bronco returned again.   

So, different M2ED, tried 2 different controllers, smart controller and a standard controller and still the M2ED RTH like a bucking bronco.  The only common denominator is that both drones are M2ED's - the issue does not happen with any MAVIC 2 drone.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be would be appreciated, meanwhile DJI is also investigating the issue.

Gary
2020-7-14
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-26 10:39
Flying into direct sunlight,  the Obstacle Avoidance kicks in.....stop/start  stop again......

Randy

Thanks for your reply mate, but it occurs irrespective of which direction the aircraft is flying.
2020-7-14
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

RESOLVED !

Finally received notification from DJI that the Mavic2 Enterprise Dual (M2ED) did indeed have an issue which was causing the 'bucking bronco' ride whenever return to home was enabled.  DJI advised me to perform a firmware upgrade to the drone which I have done.   I have since done 2 test flights and the RTH bucking bronco issue is no more - smooth return to home each time so am happy to say that it is indeed resolved.  

Pity it took close to 6 months to get an answer though.
2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic2018 Posted at 10-30 00:32
RESOLVED !

Finally received notification from DJI that the Mavic2 Enterprise Dual (M2ED) did indeed have an issue which was causing the 'bucking bronco' ride whenever return to home was enabled.  DJI advised me to perform a firmware upgrade to the drone which I have done.   I have since done 2 test flights and the RTH bucking bronco issue is no more - smooth return to home each time so am happy to say that it is indeed resolved.  

Glad to read that you got it resolved.
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules