DJI 3 camera/gimbal
710 5 2020-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lost_King
New

Latvia

Hi, I`m new to drones and UV`s, I want to start and buy DJI 3 Standart model for begingin, but my question is.
Is it possible to remove stock camera/gimbal and fly withou it or latter if I want I can put my own camera for better images ans videos ?
2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Lost_King. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that it is not advisable to remove the gimbal or the camera of the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. In addition, you may try the DJI Mavic Mini as your first drone. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview, specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.
2020-3-10
Use props
Lost_King
New

Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 11:38
Hello and good day Lost_King. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that it is not advisable to remove the gimbal or the camera of the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. In addition, you may try the DJI Mavic Mini as your first drone. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview, specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.

Thanks, for greetings
So is it true that this small drones range is 3-4 km, that would be perfect I would like to take some grate shots of nature.
And on this drone I think it`s not possible to mount your own camera, for better picture quality because I see that the take off weight is only 250g and quality cameras weighs more.
2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lost_King Posted at 3-10 11:50
Thanks, for greetings
So is it true that this small drones range is 3-4 km, that would be perfect I would like to take some grate shots of nature.
And on this drone I think it`s not possible to mount your own camera, for better picture quality because I see that the take off weight is only 250g and quality cameras weighs more.

Thank you for the quick reply Lost_King. The DJI Mavic Mini's range depends on the location where you are located. In addition, we do not recommend you to mount any cameras on the said drone. Doing this process might affect the drones performance when on flight and may lead to an unwanted incident and can void the warranty of the said drone. The camera on the DJI Mavic Mini is already equipped in taken great photos and video as well.
2020-3-10
Use props
Lost_King
New

Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 12:10
Thank you for the quick reply Lost_King. The DJI Mavic Mini's range depends on the location where you are located. In addition, we do not recommend you to mount any cameras on the said drone. Doing this process might affect the drones performance when on flight and may lead to an unwanted incident and can void the warranty of the said drone. The camera on the DJI Mavic Mini is already equipped in taken great photos and video as well.

I see, but still I`m going to probably a buy used DJI 3, because they are quite cheap now.
It should be good for learning the basic`s of flying drone, so if I have some accident`s during my learning process it will not damage brand new drone. It look`s quite easy to operate drone from first look, but that`s not that easy I suppose there are some trick I`ll have to learn along the way.
But is it possible to fly the DJI 3 without that camera/gimbal because that way the battery life would be better isn`t it ? I really don`t need that camera to learn operating basic of drone, I found one video that states you can still fly with it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEemISqxUs

I just for now want to try on used cheaper drone, because I don`t want to break expensive new drone !
2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Lost_King Posted at 3-10 12:34
I see, but still I`m going to probably a buy used DJI 3, because they are quite cheap now.
It should be good for learning the basic`s of flying drone, so if I have some accident`s during my learning process it will not damage brand new drone. It look`s quite easy to operate drone from first look, but that`s not that easy I suppose there are some trick I`ll have to learn along the way.
But is it possible to fly the DJI 3 without that camera/gimbal because that way the battery life would be better isn`t it ? I really don`t need that camera to learn operating basic of drone, I found one video that states you can still fly with it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEemISqxUs

Hi. Thank you for the additional information and provided this video. This process is possible but we do not recommend you to do it because if this is a brand new DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone. The warranty will be voided. In addition this process was not tested by DJI to work properly with no issues. Again, thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules