indoor mapping and waypoint
3225 3 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shahabadeli
lvl.1
Turkey

hello everybody.
i want to fly indoor and do this on waypoints. i know gps is disable in indoors .but i want do this without gps and i want upload indoor map to the drone and fly on wayponts that i marked on that map.
do i have any chance?
2020-3-11
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

Can't imagine that ... the only usual way any GPS drone have to navigate in the horizontal plane is by means of GPS fix. Height control on the other hand can be achieved both with barometric & VPS sensors.

Even though if it existed some software that you could "parameter program" a track ... like "thrust level X" in "compass direction Y" "during Z seconds" the drone needs hardware to measure the success of each of those commands ... then even more complicated that each of these commands should be self generated out from a map.

So for this to work you at least need a software able to out from a map format generate drone instructions ... & then most probably additional hardware in the drone to interpret the instructions to thrust, direction & time plus something to verify that the instructions have been fulfilled.

Interesting idea ... but right now this will not work on a Mavic Air.  
2020-3-11
Use props
shahabadeli
lvl.1
Turkey

slup Posted at 3-11 04:13
Can't imagine that ... the only usual way any GPS drone have to navigate in the horizontal plane is by means of GPS fix. Height control on the other hand can be achieved both with barometric & VPS sensors.

Even though if it existed some software that you could "parameter program" a track ... like "thrust level X" in "compass direction Y" "during Z seconds" the drone needs hardware to measure the success of each of those commands ... then even more complicated that each of these commands should be self generated out from a map.

thank you for your responsing
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. As advised by slup at post #2. The Waypoint feature needs to use the GPS to ensure safe flight when the said feature is used. Please fly with caution when indoors. Thank you.
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules