Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Use Osmo Action as WebCam
123Next >
80942 85 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cesare from Italy
New

Italy

Hi

I own a DJI           Action Camera and would like to know if it can be used as a           web camera and if so, how?

Thank you.
2020-3-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

No.  think not. hope a DJI team will pass it on and  pend.
2020-3-11
Use props
Cesare from Italy
New

Italy

Fishycomics Posted at 3-11 03:45
No.  think not. hope a DJI team will pass it on and  pend.

Ok, thank you.
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry as Fishycomics advised at post #2. I am sorry to say this feature is not available to the DJI Osmo Action. I will forward this feature to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you.
2020-3-11
Use props
Cesare from Italy
New

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 11:41
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry as Fishycomics advised at post #2. I am sorry to say this feature is not available to the DJI Osmo Action. I will forward this feature to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you.

Ok, thank you.
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-11
Use props
Cesare from Italy
New

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 12:53
You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.

Thanks again for the availability.
I very hope DJI can update the firmware to make the Action Camera usable also as a Web camera.
2020-3-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Ifyou want it  to Livestream  screen recorder it.
2020-3-20
Use props
ChuyVader
New

Mexico

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 11:41

please do as kids are now doing class online and the stock camera on the laptop are not as good and the webcameras are twice the price IF you can find one.
I hope DJI can make this happen even if is something temporarly
2020-4-29
Use props
ravenredbeard82
New

United States

+1 for wired webcam support for PC .

GoPro can do it very easily . This is the only feature that is lacking and preventing me from purchasing. Whichever I can find a good deal on first that has this feature, is what I will be doing. I want action camera to function as my desktop webcam , wired, for use on a multitude of programs.
2020-5-2
Use props
NeroVulpes
lvl.1

Romania

+1 wired webcam support for PC as well!

This option shouldn't be so difficult to realize. Osmo Action -> USB cable -> Desktop -> OBS Streamlabs or Studio and we are ready to go Now, DJI just needs to allow us and make it happen!

PS. If we could use a resolution starting 1080p 60 FPS or higher this camera is going to be sold out soon as well (just saying)
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_jLSvSoDEJJUB
New

United States

+1 for this. Might return, since I bought this not knowing it couldn't be used as pc webcam. Cams sold out or price gouged like crazy right now, and this is a great option relative to hero 8, but gonna go with GoPro if this feature can't be added. I know nothing about programming, but I feel like this would be a pretty basic thing that can be built.
2020-5-6
Use props
Vaperesso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67657 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There has been a guy who made it happen ( not me ) but you can use the DJI OSMO action now in your streaming software https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFYR0qm9iVk
2020-5-11
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Vaperesso Posted at 5-11 10:51
There has been a guy who made it happen ( not me ) but you can use the DJI OSMO action now in your streaming software

Nice tool., but its a paid for app(quite right as well) but a trial version should be available in case it doesnt work, also just noticed that you need to start streaming in the MIMO app, which requires an internet connection.
2020-5-16
Use props
ravenredbeard82
New

United States

The Russian guy who developed software to do it, no longer supports it. I would guess he got a cease and desist letter from DJI.

This is absolutely a needed function. I don't want to buy multiple devices to do ONE task. Plug it in, make it work as a PC webcam source. Go Pro already has it, and the russian guy did it. So, I don't believe for a second that it can't be done.

Camera wise, The Osmo Action beats most of the Go Pro specs. However, the inability to develop an update or straight up answer that it is or is not possible will likely push me to buy a Go Pro and then look back in 5+ years to see if DJI finally got on board.
2020-5-17
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please delete. Dupe.
2020-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please add a webcam option for the Osmo Action DJI.
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_VnNYajpaHSFk
New

Italy

I wish to have this function too.

GoPro announced this feature for their cameras, hope DJI will not stay behind
2020-5-22
Use props
Quasiones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2575 ft
United Kingdom

Upvote from me.   Come on DJI!!!
2020-5-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

So glad I saved my old cameras. this is a $45.0 camera back then in 1990 Lol and today  you can't get that feature come on!

this is my other camera 119.99 they made  the MPVR+ as well, and yes a few more like AHD, AHD+   and its  still the 1990's. come on DJI

As gopro will need a Dongle  hdmi cable or simply go out and buy a knock off camera

2020-5-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

For the kids yes,  

2020-5-22
Use props
Vaperesso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67657 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

crash1sttime Posted at 5-16 08:45
Nice tool., but its a paid for app(quite right as well) but a trial version should be available in case it doesnt work, also just noticed that you need to start streaming in the MIMO app, which requires an internet connection.

Yes, i have bought one because i appreciated the guys work. There is a very small lag <1 sec but for the rest it works fine. But i think DJI would need to incorporate this in the next firmware to have the option to connect via USB.
2020-5-24
Use props
The French
New
France

There is a way, using RTMP, to have it as a webcam: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 238&pid=2130719

And I added a solution to reduce the lag: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 238&pid=2190488

2020-6-17
Use props
Sereter
New

Ukraine

Friend, buy yourself a webcam, it costs 20 dollars, and for sure there will even be a built-in
2020-6-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

they just updated firmware and I am still trying to see if I cn get a webcam Please  DJI.. rip van winkle goes back to sleep on this one
2020-6-18
Use props
Shinanagh
New

Ireland

+1 would be a great addition to the feature list. Lovin the camera for the last year. Under lockdown this would be a much better camera than my old webcam
Thanks for considering.
2020-6-29
Use props
jamborini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69682 ft
United Kingdom

Now's the time DJI.
2020-8-26
Use props
Pr3cis1on
New

United States

Can someone from DJI let us know if this is possible via firmware update? or is there a hardware limitation that prevents this from happening? I kind of need this feature, so if it's not possible I need to start looking for a different camera.
2020-8-30
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I wonder if they can pass it to some one who will actually answer us?
2020-8-30
Use props
djiuser_eKbQcPEWwWFS
lvl.1
United States

Yes, this would be a great feature to have!
2020-8-31
Use props
Warrior_Elite
lvl.1
United States

+1 to this. It's been a long time that people have been wanting this, I'm surprised that this wasn't built-in natively. I'm having a hard time finding a way to get this work through NGINX and reverse-tethering to reduce packet loss.
2020-9-1
Use props
Hans Ogren
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3499127 ft
United States

Honestly, if it can connect to our phones wirelessly and show us the video image there (AND let us control its setting from the phone), how can it not connect to our computers wirelessly just to simply mirror the video image?  I thought I had found a way to beat the system through using Zoom, but not quite.  I can connect my iphone to my imac with a lightning cable, and in Zoom's options I can mirror my phone screen into the Zoom Meeting.  Since the Mimo app is on my phone, I can have the Mimo app open and showing the Action Camera's video, BUT it only shows it in portrait mode, not landscape mode.  SO, I can turn on my Action Camera, pair it to my Mimo app, plug my phone into my computer, and mirror my phone's screen into my Zoom calls, but only in portrait mode.... So close yet so dumb.
2020-10-17
Use props
Oleg_cam
New

Russia

Hello! DJI please make drivers to use Osmo Action as webcam on PC!
2020-11-21
Use props
kaktus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44295 ft
Slovenia

I agree, Osmo Action webcam driver support for Mac would be a must for such a business company. @DJI please solve that problem.
2020-12-1
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

kaktus Posted at 12-1 11:42
I agree, Osmo Action webcam driver support for Mac would be a must for such a business company. @DJI please solve that problem.

DJI Stephen.... How are we doing with this request?? :-). You're usually on top of these priorities!
2020-12-3
Use props
Bridgejumper
New

United States

I'd like to add my vote to this feature being added - DJI PLEASE provide us with Osmo Action webcam driver support for Mac and Windows!  Thanks, DJI.
2020-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Please  DJI we all want a webcam from DJI , make one!
2020-12-30
Use props
XeloX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I want to add my vote as well, please allow me to use the osmo action in webcam mode through USB
2020-12-31
Use props
xbonnet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
France

Hello, so do I. But instead of asking this, I would like to know what DJI intends to do to upgrade the Osmo Pocket's firmaware to allow compatibility woth Teams, Skype ans Zoom for instance
2021-1-13
Use props
Tankut
New
Germany

If this is not a hardware limitation, this would be quite useful.  I do have a quite nice logitech webcam for my main desktop pc.  But the Osmo usually travels with me, and it is the right size for this function, is easier to mount everywhere, is much better than laptop webcams, has a nice wide FOV.

Cheap action cams can do this.  GoPro can do this.  My Sony RX100 can do this.  

I have yet to find a satisfactory response from DJI in any forum post.  
2021-1-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules