Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I send my V2.0 in for an RTK?
1082 5 2020-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can I get my V2.0 upgraded to an RTK?
2020-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. I am sorry to say that the process to upgrade from the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 to the Phantom 4 RTK is not available. Are you having concerns with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2? Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.
2020-3-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-12 09:25
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. I am sorry to say that the process to upgrade from the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 to the Phantom 4 RTK is not available. Are you having concerns with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2? Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.

My client likes the orthos that come out of the V2.0.  They used a $50k drone setup with an A7R and the images didn't come out so good.  I think it was because of the bad EXIF data.  RTK is more accurate and would produce better imaging but if it's a hassle to do it's not really necessary.  We don't need absolute precision.

I don't really get paid much anyway.
2020-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AntDX316 Posted at 3-12 11:22
My client likes the orthos that come out of the V2.0.  They used a $50k drone setup with an A7R and the images didn't come out so good.  I think it was because of the bad EXIF data.  RTK is more accurate and would produce better imaging but if it's a hassle to do it's not really necessary.  We don't need absolute precision.

Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this matter. You may wanna try to use the DJI GS Pro with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. Hope this information helps you with your tasks. Thank you.

2020-3-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 3-12 11:22

RTK is more accurate and would produce better imaging but if it's a hassle to do it's not really necessary.  We don't need absolute precision.
RTK won't make any difference to the imaging, only precision location.
If you need precision, you can still get that with ground control points.

I don't really get paid much anyway

Then you don't get paid enough to pay for RTH.
2020-3-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-12 12:49
Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this matter. You may wanna try to use the DJI GS Pro with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. Hope this information helps you with your tasks. Thank you.

[view_image]

I did say I use DJI GS Pro in another post.  The picture capturing is unreliable at times.  it doesn't do the intervals perfectly.  Had a flight where it didn't take any pictures until I restarted everything.  On the latest iPad and firmware.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules