Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 zoom batteries issue
1513 14 2020-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goshawker
Bulgaria

Hello there. I have question about Mavic 2 battery. My batteries are not more than 10+ flights, always changed in a sequence, never charged hot, never dropped under 15%(usually at 20%), never flow in extreme heat or cold. Now I observe this thing, I put new charged battery in the drone start the app and the battery is at 95%. Happens with 2 of 4 batteries. Today one of them was even on 85% when put in the drone and this battery was charged 100% yesterday. Why is that? Any suggestions?

2020-3-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

depemds after how long you use them after charging them, best to charge them the night before you fly
2020-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know how many hours has passed from the previous charge? To keep the battery healthy the DJI Intelligent battery will auto-discharge power when in idle. For more details about the said feature, please refer to the image that I will be posting. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.

2020-3-12
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-12 09:54
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know how many hours has passed from the previous charge? To keep the battery healthy the DJI Intelligent battery will auto-discharge power when in idle. For more details about the said feature, please refer to the image that I will be posting. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.

[view_image]

Yes I read all the info before actually start flying and managing the drone. No it is not the auto discharge case. All my bats are set to 5 days and I put them on charge night before the flights. If it was this I would not worry about.
2020-3-12
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

Suren Posted at 3-12 09:45
depemds after how long you use them after charging them, best to charge them the night before you fly

Yes, every night before flights I charge them.
2020-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Goshawker Posted at 3-12 10:15
Yes, every night before flights I charge them.

Are percentages before take off or after take off ?
2020-3-13
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 3-13 03:55
Are percentages before take off or after take off ?

Before. Just connecting the app and see that percentage. It is about 10-30 sec after powering on the drone and the remote.
2020-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Goshawker Posted at 3-13 05:42
Before. Just connecting the app and see that percentage. It is about 10-30 sec after powering on the drone and the remote.

It sounds like old batteries.
2020-3-13
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 3-13 11:15
It sounds like old batteries.

The oldest I think was 2019-05, not sure about the month.
2020-3-13
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

Today again, fully charged battery before flight. 96% at turn on.
2020-3-17
Use props
Gelert
Captain
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried a deep discharge then re-charge ??  
2020-3-31
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

Gelert Posted at 3-31 00:58
Have you tried a deep discharge then re-charge ??

No, never. I fly them near 20%, never low than that.
2020-4-20
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

Yesterday at night I put two of my batteries on the charging hub as they where on about 50%. Today I started to pack things for a flight and observe that two of the batteries are hot, I touched the other two on the hub which was charging over night, they where cold. I touched again the stored ones that are 100% from day ago and they where  hot. And they was just sit in the drone case, no logic explanation. Another issue today after coming back from flight I saw glitch in the video footage.
2020-4-20
Use props
Gelert
Captain
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Goshawker Posted at 4-20 10:56
No, never. I fly them near 20%, never low than that.

AirData recommend a deep discharge to 8% charge every 20 flights.

I also never fly much below 20% but have followed the AirData maintenance plan and every 20 flights do a deep discharge to 8% (just run to 8% with the props off). Never had any problems with batteries as a result.

May be worth a try. If you get an improvement - great. If not you've not lost anything
2020-4-22
Use props
Goshawker
Bulgaria

Gelert Posted at 4-22 00:22
AirData recommend a deep discharge to 8% charge every 20 flights.

I also never fly much below 20% but have followed the AirData maintenance plan and every 20 flights do a deep discharge to 8% (just run to 8% with the props off). Never had any problems with batteries as a result.

Will try that today, thanks !
2020-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules